I did a lot of research before booking and chose this hotel because of the high feedbacks. I must say that although I had very high expectations, I was not disappointed in any way and indeed my expectations were pleasantly surpassed. Upon entry, you marvel at the huge and very luxurious lobby. Proceeding to check in , I was greeted and checked in very quickly by a very friendly reception desk and shown to my room. The room was spacious, very well designed with all amenities you would expect of a 5 star delux hotel. The high point of the room was the 42" lcd tv with satellite channels as I am a TV addict and intended to stay in the room most of my time to just rest and sleep.
Having booked all inclusive, I really had everything provided free of charge that I needed. (Please note spa and massage are extras). Internet in the room and the lobby was adequate (Not speeds I am used to in UK but fine all the same). The buffet restaurant was great, the food was brilliant although would have liked to see more grilled meat choices ( But I am a fussy eater anyhow and lazy as grill was available in other restaurants in hotel but I just could not be bothered to walk to them). The choice was great, the deserts great and presentation and hygiene as you would expect. The swimming pool and grounds were absolutely brilliant as was the beach. There was always space available. I must thank Mena Kamal on the beach for taking care of my needs always with a smile on his face no matter how busy. Also Mahmoud in the main dining room. But must say all the staff were brilliant and helpful and always with a smile on their faces. Thank you all for looking after us so well.
Whether steigenberger aldau is the best in Hurghada or not I can not say as I have not stayed at any other hotels but compared to all the five star hotels I have stayed in throughout my travels, this hotel is one of the best. I do recommend the all inclusive as you literally do not need to spend any money as everything is provided. But beware you will put on a lot of weight!!!!
Overall I stayed 14 nights here and I would certainly be back again. Thank you all for a wonderful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel is an exclusive luxury hotel built in fascinating Swahili architecture, situated directly on the beach at the southern tip of Hurghada with a spectacular view of the sea. The hotel is famous for its luxurious spacious rooms and superb restaurants, and it presents a variety of unrivaled features; from a unique Lazy River, inviting you to lose yourself in the tranquility of a gentle river ride, floating through the landscaped gardens until you disembark into an amazing pool covering 5,000 m3. A private beach that is almost half a kilometer in length, just to relax or to play, with "Ilios" the world class dive club and aqua center, where you can scuba dive, snorkel, go windsurfing, water skiing or parasailing. A 9 hole par 3 golf course, floodlit, for playing a challenging game of golf under the summer night sky. As for the feeling of complete well-being; immerse yourself in 1000 m2 of the "Algotherm Thalasso & Spa" for pampering body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel