“Excellent”

Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

What an amazing hotel, clean , helpful staff, good food and variety as well, do never leave without having dinner at the frensh restaurant by the sea.
Try the lazy river its awesome and the heated pool too.the spa services are perfect.

It was unforgettable expierence

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,532)

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I did a lot of research before booking and chose this hotel because of the high feedbacks. I must say that although I had very high expectations, I was not disappointed in any way and indeed my expectations were pleasantly surpassed. Upon entry, you marvel at the huge and very luxurious lobby. Proceeding to check in , I was greeted and checked in very quickly by a very friendly reception desk and shown to my room. The room was spacious, very well designed with all amenities you would expect of a 5 star delux hotel. The high point of the room was the 42" lcd tv with satellite channels as I am a TV addict and intended to stay in the room most of my time to just rest and sleep.
Having booked all inclusive, I really had everything provided free of charge that I needed. (Please note spa and massage are extras). Internet in the room and the lobby was adequate (Not speeds I am used to in UK but fine all the same). The buffet restaurant was great, the food was brilliant although would have liked to see more grilled meat choices ( But I am a fussy eater anyhow and lazy as grill was available in other restaurants in hotel but I just could not be bothered to walk to them). The choice was great, the deserts great and presentation and hygiene as you would expect. The swimming pool and grounds were absolutely brilliant as was the beach. There was always space available. I must thank Mena Kamal on the beach for taking care of my needs always with a smile on his face no matter how busy. Also Mahmoud in the main dining room. But must say all the staff were brilliant and helpful and always with a smile on their faces. Thank you all for looking after us so well.
Whether steigenberger aldau is the best in Hurghada or not I can not say as I have not stayed at any other hotels but compared to all the five star hotels I have stayed in throughout my travels, this hotel is one of the best. I do recommend the all inclusive as you literally do not need to spend any money as everything is provided. But beware you will put on a lot of weight!!!!
Overall I stayed 14 nights here and I would certainly be back again. Thank you all for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

It is a nice experience with luxury care
Rooms are really nice with a perfect view over the sea

The standard of all in is deferent from other places and it contains a lot of variety

Restaurants are perfect

On the beach whenever you need you will find someone to assist you even for sunglasses cleaning

Also the service submitted on the beach by Mena Kamal was nice and quick response with positive attitude toward the guests

The guest relation is helpful and you see them every where

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

It is the best hotel in hurghada helpful &smily staff delicious tasty food & different staff is very active &helpful Mina ,Yuhan at the pool bar & Armia at the beach restaurant many thanks to Mr tarek for his effort to make the wonderful image of the hotel in the fact all the steigenbeger staff is wonderful teamwork
Special thanks to executive sheif I want to tell you pravooooo &I want to thank Mahmoud Ahmed in the reception

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

First we did not find appropriate reception of us as a honeymoon couple as we found in other hotels as cake.. flowers ..champian or sparkling wine bottle...nothing was offered .
Second hotel is so noisy ..so if you like quite places..this one is not good.
Third...food is horrible ..bad quality..
Fourth and most important...is that house keeping is so quick that if he knocks the door and you are not quick enough you may find him entering your room while you are in the bathroom...
So be careful to close the safety chain for that reason to prevent housekeeping or room service from entering your room while you are in or in the bathroom.
It was the most shocking situation happened to us...so we left the hotel at once in the morning although they upgraded our room to a suite to settle the problem but we were not happy and checked out in the morning.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael G
ECMsteigen, General Manager at Steigenberger ALDAU Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Michael G,

Sunny greetings from the Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel.
Thank you for sharing your holiday feedback with us on TripAdvisor, even if this is not the feedback we were hoping for.

We would like to express that we very much regret the dissatisfaction during your stay with us, especially as it was such an important occasion as your honeymoon, that you wanted to celebrate with us.
It is our priority to satisfy our guests, to respect their wishes and to keep our hotel service and hospitality according to the Steigenberger standards.
We are deeply sorry that we have not been quite able to succeed in this case and we would like to sincere apologize for this.

During certain periods of the year, like national public holidays, we have an increased share of local guests. The atmosphere of our hotel admittedly changes then despite our best efforts. My team and I are however always at your disposal to advise our guests on suitable vacation periods to avoid these public holidays.

At the same time we regret that the offered food and drinks did not meet your personal palate. We pay special attention to the selection and preparation of our food in all restaurants. Our cuisine is characterized by fresh, local and selected products. Understandably, it is not always possible to satisfy all tastes alike. Our Executive Chef gladly accepts any time suggestions and requests for special dishes, in case guests have difficulties to find dishes matching their palate in one of our seven restaurants. We would have highly appreciated to gather further details from you, on what we could improve from your point of view in our food items.

Regarding your mentioned point about our housekeeping, it does certainly not reflect our standard that the employees do not give enough time for the guests to be ready, before they enter the room. The usual standard is to knock minimum three times before entering a room.
Your comments in this regard, we have of course passed on to our housekeeping manager to contribute a further step to improve our hotel and be aware, that we will draw definitely attention for this important point.

Once again we would like to assure, that we are very sorry, that this visit with your special occasion of a honeymoon was a disappointment. In the same time we strongly hope that the positive memories will dominate and that you might give us another chance again in the future. I would be delighted if you contact me personally in advance so that I may personally assure, that your future visit will exceed your expectations in every aspect.

In the meantime I remain with best regards,

Alec De Wieuw