1. The fact that the price that you actually pay on site is bigger than the one you see on Booking.com, due to: a) taxes (local, governmental) and b) being foreign citizen. All these aspects are actually written on Booking.com, but with small letters - which is a cheap con. Especially for a... self-claimed 5 stars hotels! Shame to Jolie Ville and shame to Booking.com!
2. They claim on Booking.com that they offer free Wi-Fi. It is a pure lye. They offer a very poor internet connection (with a lot of interruptions and low speed), and... only at the reception desk and the pool! In the room you can have it if you pay extra money! (Which is not... free, Jolie Ville!!!) Again, it is undesirable and shameful indignity for anyone, but especially for a hotel that claims it has 5 star!
3. I was treated disrespectful by the representative of a touristic agency hosted by the hotel, and one of the reception desk clerks was witness... but did nothing for me, the client. And when I complain about it to that person, he was condescendingly smiling at me and tried to convince me it's... no big deal.
4. Again, almost all employees were often insisting to do unneeded services to you, so you to feel compelled to tip them. For example, they were rushing and almost snatching your luggage from your hand, insisting they carry it for you... when you did not ask for it and it was obvious that you could take it yourself! I can understand this from the part of poor people in the street, but not from the part of a... supposedly attentively selected, well trained and paid employee of a 5 stars hotel!
5. When I've arrived at the reception desk to check in, they've asked (and insisted!) me to pay on the spot, or at least the next day. One more time a practice for a 1-2 stars hotel, not for a 5 stars one!
6. I couldn't use my card to pay, because of the POS which didn't work.
7. A lot of reasonable demands were generated responses like... "Well sir, there is a problem...". Which mean that a lot of their unsolved problems related to explicitly or implicitly offered services became mine (the client). It is really annoying! And again: not conceivable and tolerable at a 5 stars hotel!
8. I had to buy mosquito repellent, as the terrace and entrance door had big gaps under. And this was in a room that I had tipped for!
9. Only two 5 stars aspect: 1) the big space and beauty of the garden, with its flowers, trees and alleys; and 2) the reception office architecture & design.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'The hotel occupies a prime location right in the centre of Sharm el Sheikh on Naama Bay’s promenade and sandy beaches of the Red Sea, offering 396 rooms including 23 suites, in 42 bungalows. All rooms are equipped with balcony or terrace, bathroom/WC, hairdryer, climate control, minibar, safe, telephone and Satellite TV. The cosy standard rooms are located in the Sport Area, which is around 300 metres from the main building and 700 metres from the beach. The comfort rooms are situated at the Palm Area, located beside the main reception area. 50 to 500 metres from the beach is the Preferred Front Area where the elegant superior rooms are situated. Gastronomic facilities feature 9 restaurants and bars covering a broad spectrum of international cuisine including 4 à-la-carte restaurants (thereunder a French and an Italian one) and the famous Beach BBQ. 24-hour room service is provided. The hotel’s expansive grounds and sports facilities ensure active guests have plenty to do. Newly built Thai Spa and wellness center, 4 tennis courts, children club, SUBEX diving centre, parasailing, various water sports, volleyball, horse/camel riding, safaris, jeep, quad and boat trips are offered. The Maritim Jolie Ville golf course is approx. 7 km from the hotel. Two pools (one with seawater and one with freshwater) are amidst the landscaped gardens. Kids will enjoy their time in the holiday club, open the whole year through for children from 4 to 12 years. Bakery, shops, bank, limousine service and a doctor in house are also offered. Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino occupies a conference centre, built on 3.000 m² of land, consisting of 7 meeting rooms, the biggest of which can accommodate up to 500 persons. All meeting rooms are equipped with the latest technology. Besides, the “Casino Royale” is operated by Casinos Austria International and located opposite the hotel. Business hours of reception: 24/7 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort And Casino Sharm El-Sheikh