US$109
  • Breakfast included
Cyrene Island Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Nubian Village Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Faraana Reef Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$51
  • Breakfast included
Shores Golden Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Pool
Grand Rotana Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$83
US$62
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
US$404
US$240
Cancelon
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$289/night.

All reviewsal wadivisit sharmspecial thanksanimation teamseaterritoryelisir
Reviewed 22 January 2016

Just an awful experience from start to finish. We booked this through LoveHolidays.com. Paid above our initial budget due to the description given by their website. My fiancé was 4 months pregnant at the time and we wanted a relaxing, 5 star holiday. Whilst knowing the star rating isn't totally comparable to English standards, the quality of everything we encountered whilst on the Domina complex was just horrendous! We were apparently upgraded for free to the Sultan hotel which made us wonder just how bad it was in the "lesser" hotels.
The food was terrible, same menu each night apart from one and the quality and cleanliness of the food was so awful my fiancé was reduced to bread and cheese on numerous occasions.
The facilities themselves were appalling with human hair all over the bathroom, loose wiring and what looked like blood stains on the curtains and lamps.
The complex itself is a farce with a 45 degree hillside to survive everyday just to get breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bus service is inconsistent to say the least. The entertainment is on the other side of the complex and they only have a paying bar so you cannot enjoy the all inclusive drinks you paid for! We complained once and were given a different restaurant but were clearly told no other upgrades were available as basically that was the best they could offer.
The experience was so bad we even looked into getting a flight home half way through the holiday! Honestly, it would have to be seen to be believed!
Since returning I have complained to Loveholidays.com repeatedly and have been astounded by their unprofessionalism in handling this matter! They were the 'middle men' apparently for YouTravel who have been equally awful. The hotel's response to our complaint was to simply regurgitate their brochure which is in no way reflects the reality of the hotel. Both YouTravel and LoveHolidays think that this response is ok without any investigation of their own or apparently any consideration of consumer rights. Simply put, DO NOT go to this hotel or use these companies when booking a holiday. They do not appear to work in an ethical manner and the hotel itself is abysmal. Egypt is a beautiful country, I have travelled there before and had wonderful experience. the hotel ruined this experience completely.

Stayed: August 2015
Managerinoasis, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Dear Dane,

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am aware that you and your fiancée were disappointed, but there are several points that I would like to address.

All information about the resort (which comprises seven Domina hotels at various price levels) is available online and through the agents and our tour operator partners and nothing is done to hide any issue as we are proud of our product. I should add that the details published are indeed accurate as they have been verified by all of the tour operators with whom we are proud to work, so we strongly feel that your suggestion that the data is inaccurate is, in our view and theirs, inaccurate. However, I would agree with you that it was perhaps not in your best interests to choose a hotel with a steep slope and covering such a large area when your fiancée is four months pregnant.

It is a pity that you didn’t enjoy the food. We offer a very broad selection of hot and cold dishes on our buffets, some of which will appear every night - the popular favourites - and many of which will change every night so I would have to disagree with you about variety. If your fiancée “was reduced to bread and cheese on numerous occasions”, perhaps you could have mentioned something to Chef who is adept at creating special dishes for even the fussiest of eaters and also for those with allergies or special dietary requirements.

Food hygiene features amongst the most important aspects of running a hotel and we are regularly checked by national and international agencies in line with hotel around the world.

If your room was not up to a good standard I can only apologise at this late stage and wish that you had brought it to our attention at the time as we could have improved on that. As it is, I have passed your comments on to Housekeeping and Engineering with an urgent request to ensure that all rooms are checked and that there is no recurrence of this situation.

Of course it is regrettable that you felt that the hotel was not as you expected it to be and therefore you did not enjoy your holiday as much as you had hoped. However, I thank you for writing in with your feedback which will be distributed to the relevant Heads of Department and I assure you that we will take appropriate action, where necessary.

Thank you for choosing the Domina Coral Bay Sultan

Reviewed 29 October 2015

As a 50+ solo traveller and first time to Sharm el Sheikh, although I'm extensively travelled, I went with an open mind. Friends had recommended it, even to asking for a partucular block and room. Yes, the complex is HUGE, yes when you first arrive the all inclusive package seems confusing until you sit and read it and examine the map, and yes, the food is repetitious, but the pasta station is good. It's clean, the staff are good. It actually rained (a once a year event) during my stay for a few hours. As a result I had to change rooms twice due to flooding. I ended up with an upgraded room and a bowl of fruit delivered to me the next day! The staff were harassed but it wasn't their fault and they did well! The snorkelling is great and the beach below sultan is quieter and kept clean. There wasn't a wow factor to this holiday but it was relaxing and very enjoyable, the place was clean and the staff were good . A tip....brush up on your Russian or Italian, you won't hear much English! Would I go back? Probably.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Managerinoasis, General Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

Dear Fiona,

I’m pleased to hear that you would probably come back and delighted that you had a good time with us and thought that your holiday overall was good value for money.. The storm took us all by surprise but the staff rallied round and did a great job.

Thank you for writing in with this review and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 20 October 2015

This was our first trip to Egypt so I have no bench mark but I did have expectations from a supposedly 5 star hotel.
I will start with the good points, the staff were amazing, from the Manager right down to the cleaners and pool staff, nothing was to much trouble and they were all without fail friendly and obliging, they were a credit to the hotel and truly deserve to work in a much better establishment, and the dive school was amazing, and excellent value...
On arrival we were checked in swiftly and then taken by bus to our rooms, we were not given any beach towel tokens or safe keys, for some obscure reason you have to get these from another reception but they dont tell you this you have to find this out for yourself, you are provided with a map to help you find your way round as this place is sprawling, it is absolutely huge, but as there are very few signposts the maps doesn't really help, and we saw people all through the holiday chucking them in the bin.
Our designated restaurant was the Coral, food was ok on occasion, but generally a bit repetitive but there was plenty of choice if you like slop, and remember this, the restaurant is the only place you will get to drink out of an actual glass, everywhere else you are given pathetic plastic cups that hold no more than a couple of swallows of your chosen drink, I would expect this in lesser graded hotels but this was sold as 5 Star... while I'm on the subject of drinks the beers not bad but the all inclusive spirits are dreadful, they bare no resemblance to what they are actually meant to be, the cocktail list consists of 'sex on the beach' and 'tequila sunrise' which are basically the same drink but one contains vodka and the other tequila...
The hotel runs on its own time zone which is one hour ahead of real Cairo time, they claim this is to allow you an extra hour of sunshine, but myself and all others I spoke to thought it was a total waste of time.
They provide snacks as part of your AI deal but you have to walk miles to find the snack bar as different ones provide snacks at different times, the cake and cookies consists of 2 pieces of dry madeira cake and a cookie which is about the size of a UK 50p piece.
Our room was ok and the mini bar was replenished with water and soft drinks as often as was needed and room service although payable was really good.
There is a shuttle bus service that you can jump on and off to get around but I would advise the use of a face mask, the fumes these things throw out are nauseas to say the least.
All in all a pretty dismal affair for a so called 5 star hotel, I wouldn't give this any more than 3 stars at the most and most certainly won't be returning

Room Tip: Get yourself a wifi unit as the wifi in the hotel is useless
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mabd2014
Managerinoasis, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Guest,

It seems that we did not manage to meet your expectations on this occasion and I am sorry that you were not as impressed as you would have liked to be.

This is a big resort and the maps do work so I am a little surprised that you felt that they were not very accurate. We have so many pools in the resort that we tend to offer drinks in plastic or acrylic cups and glasses in accordance with international Health and Safety guidelines regarding drinking around swimming pools. And our alcohol is all locally produced here in Egypt as there is an enormous 400% import duty on branded alcoholic drinks.

We will look into your comments with the Heads of Dept and I’m sure that we will learn and respond so we thank you for offering us your feedback and hope to see you again in one of our other hotels soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

I'm not a big or fussy eater, but the food in the buffets was utterly dreadful!!

Same rubbish food day after day!

The only decent thing I can say about this tired, shabby, dirty hotel is that it had great wifi connection!

Please save your money and go somewhere else! I was hungry for the two weeks I was there at end Sep beginning Oct 2015.

It really was a poor hotel, with poor service and shockingly bad food quality!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the food in the buffet restaurant. We cater for several different nationalities and Chef and his team are very proficient at addressing all tastes. The food which we use is transported, stored, prepared and presented under strict hygiene conditions and if it wasn’t to your taste then I’m sure Chef would have been happy to prepare you something had you had a chat with him.

We are usually commended for our customer service so if you did have some issues with any individual members of staff, I do wish you had let us know at the time and we could have improved your holiday experience.

Thank you for writing in and for choosing the Domina Coral Bay Sultan for your holiday.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

As with previous reviews most people don't know they are going to a great big resort, We booked the sultan which turned out to be middle of the road lots of people were getting up graded free of charge to this hotel which is a joke when you have paid just below £2000.00 and they have paid £1200.00 and are allowed to use the all-inclusive Bar just to the side of the reception can not remember the name they gave it, where as we had to catch a taff taff to the main shopping area if we wanted to make use of our all-inclusive package which was the name of the game and then catch a taff taff back again to go to the restaurant for our meal.
Staff were Great no problems there but would not go back again as you can not use all the pools and restaurant's on site far 2 much walking and if your room is up the hill which I would say is a 1 in 9 you will have to wait for the taff taff

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Managerinoasis, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Dear Guest,

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed the services of the staff and that they looked after you well, but it is a shame that we may not be seeing you again. Although the resort is on a slope, the Taf-Taf (shuttle bus) runs around every ten minutes or so and there is never a long wait so you really don’t have to trek up the slopes to get back to your rooms. And for anybody with mobility issues, we are happy to organize a club car to help them get around, whatever time of day or night.

It is wise to know exactly what you are getting for your money when booking and I am sorry that you were not fully aware of what the all-inclusive board basis included for guests of the Sultan. There are several more expensive hotels in the resort which offer more facilities to their guests so perhaps next time, one of these may be more suitable for you.

I do hope that we will see you again in the near future and if you have any queries or requests, please do not hesitate to contact us in advance.

Thank for your review and we wish you well for the future.