“Not friendly staff.”
Review of El Fanar

El Fanar
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor on this lovely place, but last month i'm not satisfied with service because of 1 person on entrance. Before there was 1 good guy, he's always was positive and friendly, and then they replaced him. 1 time he asked me for a Egyptian ID to prove that i'm a resident! what is his problem with my documents? Why foreigner should have an Egyptian ID. I hope managers will take an actions about it and will answer on my questions. who bringing passport or documents on the beach? After i refused to show him the documents - he gave me a double price.
It's not good at all. I didn't expected treatments like this. Next time i will think to visit this place again or no.

All reviews
"mask"
"ras"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 10 May 2017

A great place for snorkeling, a magnificent view from the stairs. The beach is narrow and very cozy (no toilette though).

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I spent a couple of days coming to this place in April 2017. It looks and feels very beautiful. ( if not the Red Sea, with its amazing fishes, I would feel
I was in Greece). The coral reef is one of the best I've seen here. The food in a restaurant is really delicious, mostly Italian, pasta, lazanya...I truly enjoyed the seafood soup with tomato bruschetta! Cappucino is fantastic!!! The view is perfect! The sunset here is breathtaking. Will definitely come back here again!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Ever since I discovered El Fanar Beach about five years ago, it's been my favorite place in Sharm. The view is amazing and it's a great spot to swim, snorkel, and get a suntan on the comfortable lounge chairs with cushions. When you pay 40 Egyptian pounds to enter (price for residents, but no one checks), they give you a towel and a bottle of cold water. The place is kept very clean, by the way.

The coral reefs here are gorgeous and the variety of fish is extraordinary. You don't even need to go diving because what you can see just snorkeling is breathtaking! However there are plenty of divers here as well. There are steps going down to the sea at several points which makes it easy to get in and out of the water. There's an outdoor shower, which is very nice for a quick rinse before going back.

The outdoor restaurant is so relaxing, with mellow music, friendly service, and excellent food. I've tried the pizzas and the salads, which were tasty and reasonably priced, but the other dishes I've seen look appetizing as well. The staff are all friendly and service is quick. Hossam is in charge. The toilets are relatively clean with soap and toilet paper, a rarity in Egypt.

It's a totally safe environment, frequented by many expats and tourists, and I never worry about leaving my valuables unattended. I highly recommend coming to this beach and restaurant. Oh, one last tip: you don't need to take a taxi, if you're on a budget. From Naama Bay I hop in a collective minibus and take it to Hadaba (only 3 Egyptian pounds) and before arriving at the gas station/petrol pump, I ask the driver if he'll take me to El Fanar for 10 E.P. extra. So far every driver has agreed. Going back, there are usually taxis waiting in the parking lot by El Fanar and I offer them 10 E.P. to take me back to the gas station, from where I catch a passing minibus back to Naama Bay. Total round-trip cost is 26 E.P., which at the current exchange rate is around €1.30. Good deal, eh?