My wife and I stayed at Ronna's beautiful little Coconut Grove for just 2 nights during our honeymoon and totally loved it. We had plans to stay at another hotel (Paradise Taveuni) on Taveuni for the diving during our trip. Once we arrived at the 2nd hotel we immediately contacted Coconut Grove to see if we could go back.
The hotel is very small (only 3 Bure's, no pool), which is intimate and great - it's right on the beach and has a wonderful breeze coming through all night. I was worried that I would be too warm because of a lack of air conditioning, but my wife and I were very comfortable - during the Fijian summer.
The beach is small, but beautiful, the water spectacularly clear, and there is very nice snorkeling right there. You can also rent kayaks and take a little trip to some private islands - maybe a 15 minute kayak trip. They will arrange scuba diving or hiking trips for you as well.
The Bure that we stayed in (Banana) was very cute and clean, with a little stereo and cd's that are provided. Also, a little selection of books left by other travelers. It's not a 4 star resort, but the value is really excellent and the bure was very charming.
The food is excellent! Really the best we had in Fiji and we stayed at a 5 star resort later during our trip. The food here is better. They have their own organic garden and they prepare as much from their own selection as possible with fresh fish coming in daily from local fishermen. All the meals are served on their veranda overlooking the ocean (gorgeous). We never wanted for anything there - whatever we wanted they could not wait to provide. My wife has a severe allergy to dairy and this could not have been less of a problem or an inconvenience for Ronna's kitchen.
All of these things make Coconut worth visiting and certainly worth recommending to our friends and family, but there is something else that is actually more important. There is just a great vibe at this place that is unique and it comes not just from the location, but really from the people. Ronna and her staff are so incredibly warm and genuine - it really is a labor of love for them and it shows in what they do and you feel that when you're there. Thank you Ronna! We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property sits on the only white sand beach on Taveuni with unobstructed views. come stay with us if you want a couples only, noise free holiday. no stress no crowds. just relaxation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages Hotel Taveuni Island
- Coconut Grove Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Coconut Grove Beachfront
- Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages Fiji/Taveuni Island