See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is on a busy street in the morning lots of cars and trucks honking if you are in a room on the street side. Like many have said try to request a room on the inside of the building. Might be quieter! April 2015 paid 800 LP/nt for a room with a twin and a double size bed (2 beds 2 people)

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
saetahn, Manager at Hotel Marsol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Hello.
Thanks for staying with us.
We are located in downtown Tela, in the middle of the business district. Noise in some rooms near the street might get a little high. But we can offer other rooms that are completely silent towards the back of the hotel.
We hope to see you soon again.
Best regards,
Marcello P. Dicunta

Reviewed 18 December 2014

The staff couldn't have been nicer. But I wish I had known no one uses insulation in Honduras. I am a light sleep so the noise level made it impossible to sleep. Even in the US I need white noise. At the Hotel Marsol the bars nearby kept me awake until 2 AM then the traffic from 5 AM on. A fan and A/C did little to alleviate the noise. The next time I travel to Honduras I will bring head phones or noise blocking ear plugs.

The ladies who clean and cook breakfast couldn't have been nicer ad the eggs were amazing! Who knew eggs could be great?

The desk staff and security guards went out of their way to provide excellent service even when we wanted beer in the middle of the night.

I will absolutely stay in this hotel again.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the inside of the building. The view isn't impressive anywhere and inside is slightly quieter. If you want a view take a beer to the roof and lounge in the lawn chair with a view of the mountain and the beach 8 blocks apart.
Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Jody J
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel way back in February 2012 and forgot to wire a review. This hotel was very nice and perfect for earning your PADI Open Water Diving Certification! the views of the city are very pretty, you are close to several restaurants and nightlife, and can walk to the former HQ of the Cuyamel Fruit Company/Banana Republic formerly of Central America. The diving is spectacular in this region because so few people dive in this region. Many tourist go further East to La Ceiba which is entirely too commercialized.

Definitely recommend!

Room tip: Get a room facing the street to absorb the city life in a charming beach town.
Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank Tyler G
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Have been here twice now in the past month, yes its that good. Both times for diving in the attached dive center. This is a great facility with amazing people/customer service. Located close to the beach and market. There are many options provided to customize your Tela experience. I cant say enough about my experiences here, but I can say I will be returning every chance I get.

Room tip: Street side rooms provide plenty of sunlight, bathroom, A/C and TV in every room. double room on the third floor has a kitchen.
Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank Crusius74
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Good location and great staff. Can't say enough about the hospitality and kindness of everyone there! Excellent tour to the Botanical Garden and my girls had a great time at Punta Sal. I would stay there again!!

Date of stay: April 2013