“Authentic delicious food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hi-tech City/Gachibowli
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Please come and try the biryani! very special! The staff are attentive and can recommend something without too much spice

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The staff really took care of our group suggesting great meals which suited my western constitution as well as introducing me to flavours that were entirely new to me!

Vivek especially was attentive and helped me get some beautiful bangles for my daughter back home.A must see on your trip to Hyderabad.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is an average restaurant located in a five star hotel. We dined at this restaurant on a fairly light evening. Even though the restaurant was not too crowded, the service was sloppy. We ordered some vegetarian specialities/ chef specials, and the food was of average quality.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Bohri Cuisine is a super delicious and enthralling as it has got major influences from Gujarat, as well from Arab and Middle Eastern countries. There are traditions associated with the cuisine from the way they eat to the way the food is cooked.
The food is served in a thal, where the family sits around and eats. It’s considered to be a symbol of equality and sharing. The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace is hosting the #BohriFoodFestival till 25th March where Chef Alifiya Galabhai, the chef from The Westin Mumbai Garden City will please you with a huge amount of delicious food from the cuisine. As we sat down to dine, she explained the rules and their meanings.
• Every meal starts with taking a grain of salt which is believed to clear the taste bud and it is served by the youngest present on the table
• A Bohra meal starts with dessert to make you feel more homely and adds a freshness to a whole new level.
• There is a particular way to sit and eat the food, to ensure everybody gets the place to sit and enjoy their meal properly.

We started with the delectable Paya Soup which was subtle, but that extra kick was from the garlic. The starters were Nariyal Batata Patties, Aloo Keema Patties, and Smoked Dal Samosas. All of them were flavorful and elevated my expectation from the food fest. They were the best quick bites I had in quite a time. The Lagan Ni Seekh was the best as the mutton kebab was cooked over layers of potato. And potato and meat is a deadly combination. But more than that, it was jam-packed with flavors. The Russian Patties was another twist added to that where they take the typical Russian salad ingredients and put it into a patty. It was a master-stroke.for me and kind of blew me away.

The mains was truly the most favorite part of my course from the food fest. It was a contrast to the subtle, light starters with a more rich, heavy and mind-blowing dishes. Dishes like the Bheja Masala, Bohra Green Raan were sumptuous. Especially the bheja masala was one of the best. The Gavarfari Ni Sabzi and the Kala Channa Batata were some vegetarian varieties and delicious too. We also had the Lamba Pao and Rawa Roti. The Masoor Pulav Sarkhi was unique for my Hyderabadi taste buds and truly was a bliss. The Chicken Biryani had some subtle flavors but very different from the Hyderabadi version.

For the desserts, we had Karamro, Dhoodhi Falooda, Malida and KheerPuri, the perfect end to an ever-cherishing dinner. Interactions with Chef Alifiya was one of the interesting parts of the dinner with her knowledge about the cuisine, it was evident to be a perfect dinner.

I am truly thankful to The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace for hosting such a cuisine as for a food fest.
Go visit Kangaan, for one of the best experience..

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We were there for dinner with a couple of overseas visitors. They served us a full course meal and it was very good.