“Home made ”

Taiwan Kitchen
Ranked #56 of 94 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Everything is hand made. Egg rolls are amazing. Everything is affordable , open longer than all of the other Chinese restaurants combined. Egg drop soup is best ever.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

My wife and I went to the Taiwan Kitchen for lunch last week. There were 3-4 other couples there. The food was delivered fast. hot and as ordered. The place was clean and the waitress are a very nice, friendly personality.

1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I have lived in a number of places in my life and just moved to Alamogordo from Kailua Kona Hawaii, I lived on the Oregon coast for 6 years and am a California native of 50 years prior to that, I am a fan of hole in the wall restaurants and am usually pleased with them. My wife has been in Alamogordo for about 25 years and rarely goes out to eat. ,I am now convinced that is because it is the the worse place I have ever lived from a culinary standpoint. Ok, with that being said, this is called New Mexico right? well you can't even find a good Mexican restaurant here!! That is for another review though. Taiwan kitchen is without a doubt the worst Chinese I have ever eaten, Tempura was not a light batter and bland the sczhwan Pork was the worst sauce I have ever experienced, the soup was bland as well. I would as a restaurant owner be embarrassed to serve food like this. I really don't want to be mean spirited here and I understand the restaurant business is not an easy one but how does this place stay open? My answer to that is that residents of Alamogordo could care less about what they eat or so it seems. My parting words are, just go to Lowes or Albertsons and buy chefboyardee and you will be money and enjoyment ahead. I personally wont eat chefboyardee but the fact that this place has a 4 star rating on google tells me the rest of you will. I long for real Chinese and Thai food but will have to eat it when I am visiting family and friends in CA. Steer clear of this place, the four stars are very deceiving

3  Thank will L
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

Food was disgusting. Server was rude. Egg drop soup had absolutely no egg but plenty of veggies. I ordered the wings...the worst I've ever had. Flys all over the walls and smells like the toilet hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Paid too much for nasty four and service. Was sick the next day. Never again.

1  Thank asniwa82
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Tea - Vicks after flavor
Egg drop soup - vegetable broth
Moo goo gai pan - okay

It took awhile for service but once they served us they were very nice. My plate was 7.50 and my husbands 8. Not much chicken on the plate and taste was not great but not horrible. Small place but clean with one fly.

1  Thank GenW330