“Average Asian buffet”

Add it.
Rocket National Buffet
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Sorry but these places all seem to be about the same to me. It's good but not great. A good deal of it came from the freezer, (shrimp), was not appealingly presented, or was overly sweet. I was disappointed, which I usually am at Asian buffets, but will go back because I remain hopeful that someone will get it right. Oh, and there was screaming baby in the place. Why does it seem there is always a screaming baby? The price was right and the Service quick.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I was craving Asian food and decided to give this place a try. The outside is pretty boring and you could easily drive right past without noticing it's a restaurant. Inside it's clean and inviting. The staff is attentive but not exceptionally friendly. There were lots of choices and plenty of variety to satisfy just about everyone. The food all seemed a bit on the greasy side but the flavor was good. I wouldn't make this a regular haunt but when I want something Asian, this is a decent choice for Alamogordo where the pickin's are slim.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We were afraid we wouldn’t find anything to eat traveling through on Christmas Eve, but the Rocket buffet was open and provided lots of options for weary travelers...lots of veggies, which were great. We especially liked the broccoli and beef dish, opting for mostly broccoli. The fried zucchini was really good and so were the mushrooms in oyster sauce. The chicken dishes were too sweet for my taste. The crab legs looked good but I didn’t try them. All in all, decent buffet. Thanks.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Small place with a large selection of items on the buffet. Decent food for a decent price. Been there three or four times.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Just a storefront in a strip mall, this small Chinese buffet had a decent selection of food, about a dozen tables, and very responsive staff.