“Friday night dinner in Alamgordo”
Review of El Camino

El Camino
Ranked #57 of 94 Restaurants in Alamogordo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We have lived here for 30 years and never ate at the El Camino Restaurant and Friday night we decided to give it a try. First impression wasn't great. It was early evening and we were the only ones there, then the main street in town White Sands Blvd was flooded from the rain and the cars driving by kept splashing the window and door of the restaurant. The service was okay, we both order the Deluxe dinner which consisted of 1 tamale with chile con carne, 1 enchilda, 1 taco and refried beans and rice and a guacomole salad. The waitress brought out chips and salsa, the chips tasted stale and the salsa was very mild. Dinner came out and was okay, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Just bland Mexican food. We will pass on going back. For an old place it seemed clean, but worn out. I do not recommend.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Based on reviews, we decided to try this restaurant for lunch. First, the waitperson failed to mention they had a buffet option. We ordered and waited an extended time for our food, despite there not being many customers. I ordered soft chicken tacos with beans and rice. What I got was inedible. The tacos had a lump of boiled, soaked, totally bland chicken topped with cheese and tomatoes. With my first bite, water ran from the taco and filled the plate. It was nauseating. I ate no more. The charge was removed my bill, but given the time it took, we couldn't wait for another meal. On the bright side, the margaritas were excellent. Never going back.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

I have been eating here since before i can remember, I now eat there almost every Friday! My daughter and I go together after school. She can't survive the weekend without chips and salsa from there! Best homemade salsa in the county guaranteed!!

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

El Camino is a small mom and pop restaurant. Becky(our server)Very sweet, efficient and like to joke around and make you feel at home. Food was delicious.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

My friends, family and I stopped here for lunch on the way to some tourist attractions. We were greeted warmly by our waitress. I ordered Chilli Rellenios. They were very tasty. Everyone at my table was very pleased with their food and the price. FYI though.... This is a cash only establishment.

Been to El Camino? Share your experiences!