US$99
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewgarden restaurantdiu fortparking spacepaul's churchpetrol pumptop floorhotel staffmain markethot cold waternice staymini fridgesame ownerthank you very muchexcellent viewplace to staynice hotel
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The hotel itself is located on the street that leads straight to Diu fort. The street is full of hotels and restaurants and looked like the only happening street in diu apart from the one running parallel to Nagoa Beach. The hotel does give a sea view of sort but their are no beaches in vicinity. It appears to be one of the sought after hotel in the area as we found another couple living in a near by hotel who told they couldn’t get a room in Apaar and also from the fact that the hotel wont allow us a late check-out.

We stayed in two premium rooms for two nights. The rooms were compact. There was hardly any space to move around in the rooms, let alone squeeze in an extra bedding. However, the hotel interior and furniture gives it a premium look.

There was a bit of a problem with room service. The bathroom was smelly at the time of check-in. I called housekeeping number as per the hotel directory to ask for spraying bathroom freshener but someone picked up the phone at reception. Instead of taking down my message and relaying it to concerned department, the reception guy gave me an alternate housekeeping number and told me to call them. I called that number but nobody picked up. I called reception again (at the housekeeping number according to the hotel directory) and this time he took down the message and sent someone with bathroom freshener. I told the guy who brought room freshener to send another set of towel as we were three occupants. He again told me to call at the housekeeping number instead of relaying my message. On making the call, the reception would tell us that they only give two towels. He sent another one only after we explained them that we are three occupants. In our 7 days long journey, we stayed in 5 hotels and this was the only one where we had to explain it to them. Other four hotels gave us three towels by default.

Also, they gave only one bath soap initially. I had to make couple of calls to get another soap for hand wash.

The staff was courteous, in general. They even helped us arrange a surprise birthday cake (charges extra) for my dad in the room.

The breakfast buffet had very few options and the taste was average at best. The garden restaurant where we had dinner one night was noisy and crowded like a vegetable market and taste was again average. However, the restaurant staff was doing there best to deal with the crowd.

In the middle of the second night, the AC in one of our rooms stopped cooling. It was 3am, so they couldn’t do much. Probably they were running packed, so they didn’t offer to change the room. We too were too sleepy to ask for changing the room.

Overall, its a decent hotel if you get a good deal.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant stay
Excellent place to stay with family
Staff was very polite n supportive
Nice view from balcony
night view was also beautiful
Food is good
Service is also good
Very prompt service......

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I stayed in this hotel with family for two nights.
I like this place because of its location. Very close to Bus station and Sea.
I took sea facing room with balcony and view was good.
Staff was a bit slow but supportive.

Room Tip: Sea Facing and higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dratultyagi
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Apparently glamorous from outside, but with a dirt yard in front with parked cars this hotel lost all the charm as soon as we disembarked from our car and as we entered the lobby. And that's not all. Room size was barely acceptable, bed was big but lacked in essential provisions. The sheets looked dirty although they confirmed they were washed. The facilities were inadequate and some of them were in unhygienic condition. Bathroom was poorly equipped, looked dirty, toilet needed repair, even the bathroom door was in dilapidated condition. A few cockroaches were also found. I can go on and on. Overall, it was disappointing. The management unscrupulously took advantage of the Christmas rush to increase the price through the roof for such a lowly hotel. Good points: very courteous staff and a good balcony with a beautiful view.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I have visited Diu on 13-15 january and has found hotel Apaar through Trip Advisor. I must say the hotel is very good in - location, construction, food, cleanliness and care in this tariff . They prepared special food for my kid also when requested.
A special mention for Mr. Mansoor Ali; a true gentleman. Very caring.
Its a 3 star property so do not expect a resort type amenities.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family