OYO 1444 Silver Sands Holiday Village
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$253
The O Hotel(Candolim)
US$77
US$67
  • Breakfast included
De Alturas Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$37
Agoda.com
All reviewssuperior roombeach roadchicago restaurantair conmr peterthe cottagesa stones throwthree weeksreception areacleaned every dayyour doorstepholiday makerssheets and towelsfantastic holidayrestaurants and barsfantastic locationceiling fan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

1st of all remember that the Silver Sands Holiday Village is no 5 star wonder, it is a small medium budget hotel running by Indian standards.

I'm going to start on the negative which is more to do with the management of the hotel than the staff.

It's not a clean place, very dusty and cleaning is somewhat sparse. The I famous red dust stains everyhting including bedding. We had some work to do with the reception staff and room cleaner to eventually get a room properly cleaned day to day.

Towels and sheets aren't changed daily but as needed and this is purely an objective exercise one man's muck is another's clean.

The owner and management really need to put some effort into cleaning this place, getting a good laundry service and doing that little bit that their staff do on a day to day basis.

The staff make this place, from the maintenance to the guys at the bar/Chicago restaurant.

Anil, Ajay, Tom and many more to mention will do anything for you, they are friendly and approachable. The same for the several restaurant staff who also manage the breakfast buffet. They are an outstanding bunch and those making money off the graft of these people need to take note.

Breakfast

Basic continental but with eggs done to order.
Initially won fruit but this was removed part way through the 1st week never to return.
Perhaps the hotel should consider an add on menu and they would make a little more money from the package guests.

We wouldn't come back not because of the hotel but we feel we would rather do a guest house next time.

Location for the hotel is excellent. Handy for beach rd and of course the beach.

Hotel ok, dirty and needs a clean. Staff amazing and because of them the hotel got a 4 instead of a 3.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Can I firstly state that I have never given a negative report on a hotel before and we generally take 2 or 3 holidays a year. Also I don't Like staying in large 5 star hotels as I find them impersonal I prefer to stay in small basic accommodation which is why we chose this hotel. We arrived tired and found the room very grubby with stained walls, headboard (including hairs) and stained sheets. The pool area was also grubby with dirty dishes, empty cans etc lying around the pool. The poolside loungers were all broken apart from one and the pool water was cloudy which I presume means that no chemicals had been used.
Not being one to complain I stated to the tui rep the next morning that the room wasn't to our liking and could we pay extra to go to a better hotel. He asked if we would consider a room upgrade in the same hotel so I agreed to take a look. The upgraded room was larger and initially looked cleaner so we agreed to pay extra to stay there rather than cause as fuss. We went for a meal that evening and on our return I went into the toilet to find around a dozen cockroaches running around. It was late so my wife insisted I shut the toilet door but asked that the bedside light was left on incase the cockroaches escaped. I agreed and as I pulled the bedsheets back I noticed blood staining on the sheets. The next morning I insisted that the rep move us to a proper hotel but the arrogant general manager wouldn't refund me all the money I paid for upgrade. Loved Goa but would never return to this dump!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chiselswansea
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a superior room with my father, had issues with the bed ( super king) staff vert kindly changed to two singles after I refused to sleep on the pull out bed. It was nothing fancy but it was clean and bedding and towels changed frequently. All the staff were wonderful and I'm looking forward to going again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen L
Silversandsholiday, General Manager at OYO 1444 Silver Sands Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Silver sands holiday village for your stay.

We ensure all our staff put their best efforts to see that our guests are comfortable and goes with happy memories.

We are glad that your stay was pleasant and comfortable and we are looking forward to have you with us again.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Dias

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I decided that I would travel to India for my 41st birthday. It was one of those things on my bucket list to do and I'm really glad that I did do this! I'm recovering from radiotherapy and cancer treatment and only a few years into my remission stage and Im travelling around the world to see beautiful places.

On arrival to the hotel I wasn't quite sure to be honest what I booked myself at first but as the days went on I remember this is a Indian culture, different lifestyle, different country and not to expect things to be the same as other countries. All countries and cultures are very different, I was a little bit overwhelmed with the rawness of the place but you know what! I'll be really honest with you I loved it!

The staff very kind very friendly and helpful and dealt with any situation that went wrong straight away without no hesitation.

I missed my flight as TUI changed all the flight times and I was made unaware. And I was worried that I've lost my whole package.. The flight, transfers and hotel...

I contacted the manager at the Silver Sands village hotel she was extremely calm, patient and very helpful I was worried that I lost my deal as I missed my flight, this lovely kind manager assured me that if I arrived India she would hold my room for me and I then can enjoy India and it's beautiful culture. It felt like a bit of a gamble to be honest but I had everything in writing and printed it off with me all the emails to so I had something to go with. So I did set off to fly to India with great communication from the manager and the staff who worked on the desk in the front reception also they put me in contact with a Indian rep who works with TUI. All this positive communication that I had from everywhere gave me the confidence to set out and continue my journey for my special occasion.

My room was extremely clean scented with a perfume that cleansed you as well as the room, everyday my fresh clean sheets and amazing sculptures was made out the towels by all the Young staff that are learning the trade and they were fantastic at what they did. one day I had her a rose than other day I had a swan another day they had other things made up at random, incredible and fun to.

Not to sound like a sports bar but everywhere that I have been in everywhere that I have gone to because I choose to go away on my birthday this was the only hotel that didn't wish me a happy birthday or give me a card or make me a small cake like every other hotel that I've stayed in even when I stayed in hostels just didn't feel that they looked at important dates but I don't know maybe that's a childness in me that wanted to be spoilt as I don't spend time with people but I was lucky to be Gifted and have the strength that god gave me to be in India and travel on my own. I felt blessed and lucky!

The swimming pool I didn't feel that was clean enough for me to be honest I never once went in the swimming pool, it just did not look as clean as what it could have been at that time. It's a shame because I had a bungalow and a swimming pool outside my door which I coukdnt enjoy it just look murky.

As I am a solitary person and I like quiet and peacefulness the swimming pool area was a little bit too loud for me as there was screaming children having fun and parents shouting, yes they are children and parents.. I'm not sounding negative it's just I like quietness and it was just a little bit loud for me. Once I closed the door the sound did drift away a little. The curtains were so thick I can make it night time at anytime and it was nice to walk into the room from a day out under the indian sun to return with the air-con on refreshing your body, the room was like a fridge if not colder I did turn it off at night time it was a bit too cold. Wonderful choice to have.

The breakfast in the mornings was very clean and very fresh but I did feel that it was very little options and amount of food provided they was pretty much the same stuff most days, it was nice to see something different on the different day, very little choices. The staff that worked in the restaurant in the morning for breakfast are all wonderful all very kind very clean and tidy presented and will assist you and everything that was cooked with was cooked to perfection. They worked extremely hard.

The Internet was little bit poor, kept switching off starting turning up, starting losing signal it became slightly annoying but then I had to realise something that I'm not here to use the Internet I'm here to see the culture of the beautiful country India it would be nice to work when you want it to work. A fixed any Internet disconnection straight away. Very hard-working technicians and Engineers 24/7.

I'm not a five star hotel posh person or do I believe that I think that I am, far from it! when I travel three countries, on my journeys wonderful experience of culture and the way of living to do my photography, this is my kind of holiday very raw, rustic and cultural. I travel from the North of India to the South by taxis, buses plains and trains, travelled about 1000 miles. So the Silver Sands Village holiday hotel was my stopping point in between my journey.

Overall it's only a low star hotel but I do think it is very safe and secure in a wonderful location literally minutes away from the beach. you couldn't ask for something any better to be so near and so cheap and affordable yet everyone being kind friendly. knowing that you're safe and secure.

So a big thank you to everyone at the reception all the staff incredibly helpful the manager she was spectacular and anyone else that I'm out on my journey thank you for making it special.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Ok here it is.. I had never been to Goa or India before..I travelled with a group of 8 people, 4 of whom had been before. If you are a first timer then there is a culture shock.. a massive one. I arrived and said "I am not staying here for 2 weeks".... 2 weeks later I said "lets book up again for next year".... which we have!

We are staying again in 2018 for these reasons.
- the breakfast is yummy.. eggs cooked however you like
- beach on your doorstep
- the cleaners and hotel staff are so friendly and work so so hard
- I never felt unsafe
- our room was massive (and it was a standard room... booked a bungalow for our next trip)
- the local restaurants are yummy .. inferno was our fav but for an english breakfast go to alexandras (english sausage and bacon)
- the rooms are very very well cleaned.. and everyday which is amazing for a lower star hotel
- the staff are phenomenal and really make you smile
- the bar staff make the best cocktails ever!

Book Silver sands if you don't need luxury.. the air con works (my room was nicknamed the fridge), the sky tv is better than our luxury hotel in Mauritius, you can get a fridge if requsted, the pool is clean, the beach is closer than close.

We had a great time.... we are coming back! x

Room Tip: try to get a room facing poolside.. x
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Helena D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property.

We at Silver Sands Holiday Village very much value and appreciate your comments. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect.

We are glad that you had a great time here and are coming back again in 2018.

Yours sincerely,