“Good option but Maybe not worth the price”

Ranked #30 of 165 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 5 February 2012

For about a $100, this hotel met my expectations but you can't help but feel that it might be a little too expensive. Why? Because India is filled with lesser known gem of hotels. We have stayed in some amazing independent hotels at a much lower rates. Nevertheless, everything was great, just the price point was kinda off, for us.

• Stayed: January 2012
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad

Reviewed 3 February 2012

The Month of January 2012 and Our Trade Exhibition took us to Ahmedabad.

Father of Nation “Bapu” had stayed in an Ashram alongside Sabarmati river for nearly 13 years, before his walks took him to Dandi. He had vowed he will never return to the ashram till his country gets freedom from British rule…. India eventually became Free but Unfortunately he never returned.

But we are definitely going to return to Ahmedabad because the business it bring to us and Lemon Tree Hotel .

This Multi Storied hotel is quite near to CG Road, main Shopping Street and Law Gardens and is also a couple of kilometers away from River Sabarmati’s upcoming riverfront promenade.

This Property is similar to other LemonTree hotels, but this one had a special distinction of being awarded “The NCPEDP- Shell Helen Keller Award 2010 “ for creating employment opportunities for person with disabilities. It was a heartening sight to see specially-abled persons working proudly to earn their living.

One point I would like to mention is that the Hotel has put up some special system of plumbing to fill the overhead water tanks which seems to create an extremely powerful , fast and gentle shower. There was no change in water temperature or pressure for the complete duration of the extended shower. We stayed there for 6 nights and 7 days and believe me, the shower was the no 1 thing I used to look forward to every morning!

Our room was opposite the lift and many times some indiscriminate guests would land outside our room from the lift , showing signs of being incredibly happy and gregarious and loud, despite the fact that alcohol is not sold in the state of Gujarat. So my advice would be to stayaway from the rooms opposite lifts.

Another problem which I faced was some trouble with the Flush Valve, one time it would not stop… I had to call housekeeping to look into this and they replaced a part immediately . Surprisingly the same thing happened to the toilet in the room next to me. The Occupant Guest seemed to be totally oblivious of the noise,wastage and irritation so much so that I had to call up front office to look into this and let me sleep.

The pillow was too had and big for my liking , so I requested for a softer one, they got another one, but was not enough soft for me. The guy on the line said, “please wait let me see, what I can do”…. After some time he landed up on my door with a Baby Pillow. Very Small, but Soft ;-).

My request for a room heater was met quickly and for shoe shine, I was asked to use the polishing machine placed in Men’s Rest room in Lobby. I questioned: “ How would my wife, polish her Boots “ ??? they sent us brush and Black polish .

View was not spectacular from my 3rd floor room, but I guess being a business hotel, proximity to market is more important that lovely views.

Taxi was arranged by Hotel for our Pickup from Airport and also daily Drop and Pickup for the exhibition.

Food was just OK, but on our special request, Chef , did conjure up a aioli spaghetti for us. There used to be only one Non Veg dish on the buffet.
I was disappointed by a chipped Tea Cup used for room service for serving tea, but that could have been an exception.

Another interesting facility was DVDs of Hindi and English Movies. I had a blast watching my favorite and discovering some Oscar winning Hollywood movies. Nice touch.

Good Job . Lemon tree

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashish C

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Good comfortable hotel with a great breakfast buffet. Everything worked well and staff were very helpful. There was a bit of confusion over the rate for booking a car and driver with information not being passed on. So make sure everything is clear and explained up front

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Rooms are very clean, staffs are co-operative, the breakfasts were good. It is located at good location with less noisy and quite environment. I shall be certainly recommending this hotel for others for business trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Super rooms and I love the lemon scent in the foyer, but poor service in the restaurant attached. However very impressed with management who phoned us up after we had departed to follow up on the comments we left on their feedback form. They really care.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple