“Great ambience & food ruined by sloppy services ”
Review of The Monk

The Monk
Ranked #29 of 2,998 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

You really have to know it exists to reach there. Thus we went through friend references. The ambience is nice though at the first look it looks like a temporary space in a hotel corridor.

The food was highly recommended by friends and it turned out to be a good excuse to go there.

The put off is that with half the restaurant empty, it took them 20 minutes to ask us for water and provide us with menus, after 2 reminders. The order taker was least interested in our orders - no smiles. The servers were as bad. Damp, no interest, no smile or enthusiasm.

The food turned out to be great. This single reason left me ok with my time spent reaching the place and going through my lunch with friends.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The Monk is quite an old restaurant which got opened 10 years old restaurant. After its opening, it created a space in the hearts of the people for its lipsmacking chinese cuisine.

Recently I paid a visit to this place with my gang. The moment you step into this restaurant, you see live kitchen and 2 different section of sitting area. I tried their chilly chicken and honey chilly potato. Both of them turned out to be so awesome.

Will visit this outlet soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The monk is located inside the shopping mall of Galaxy hotel in Sector 15, Gurgaon.
It is indeed a nice option to enjoy pan asian food in this area. Loved all kind of dimsums here. A good variety of veg and non veg dimsum offerings they have. Spinach and fresh coconut, dims, pokchoy and wild mushrooms dims, white fungus crunchy dims, oriental veg crystal dims, juicy poach chicken dims, prawns and spicy asparagus dims, schezwan spiced lamb dims, housi kai pao dims. I personally liked spinach and fresh coconut, schezwan lamb, oriental veg crystal and juicy chicken dimsums. One can avail some special offerings on dimsums which runs time to time.

In main course I loved the Teppan style udon veg noodles which consists of seasonal vegetables, roasted sesame seedsin spicy chilli asparagus, bamboo shoots, baby corn and onion cubes in black bean sauce and with it yunan style crispy chicken was heavenly.

In the dessert, the coconut caramel infused ice cream topped with nuts was a crazy and awesome one.

I would love to visit this place again for their authentic and delicious dimsums !

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

ONE CANNOT
THINK WELL,
LOVE WELL,
SLEEP WELL,
IF YOU HAD NOT
DINED WELL !!
It's not the beginning , but was my last thought stepping out if this amazing fine-dine restaurant called "THE MONK" in the heart of gurugram , which serves undoubtedly the best THAI,CHINESE and PAN ASIAN food .

Being a die hard fan of chinese cuisine, this place was no less than a heaven .
I am not being just big on my words ,but truly it was a wonderful experience.
It all began with me and my friend entering this exquisite open restaurant on the top floor of THE GALAXY MALL , sector 51. Gurugram. Made in all wooden black and brown theme ,The very first thing that caught our sight was this live kitchen glassed behind this beautiful counter .
I could smell the lemon grass all around

It was the asian yet modern vibe of this place that made it such appealing. The staff in there was extremely welcoming.
We sat there , and it were just few minutes that we saw the entire place filling with crowd. Not just the officials but the families too. It was something way too great for a tuesday afternoon.
At the very first, We were served their new momos/dimsums fest menu. It was no less than a food ensemble on the table. The table was full with almost 7 types of momos/dimsums.(chiken/prawn/schezwan lamb-/spinach/polchoy/oriental veg)
It was divine guys !! 'The chinese feel went up the hill 'with those chopsticks and that chataakedar (hot and spicy) chutney(dip).

The next things that drooled our taste buds were the "diced chicken-kung pao style " and the " honey coated lamb". Not over with the savories yet , for our main course , we gorged on this delicious rice bowl- mix vegetables in massaman curry. If you are thinking of the drinks we had, alcoholic-the fresh beer , non -alcoholic : the rumless risky.

To end my ,straight to Beijing experience, i ordered myself 'kuch meetha' ( something sweet) red wine poached pear with rum and raisin ice cream" This was just the cherry on cake still can't get over it.
I wish i could visit this place much often.
Maybe soon
Till then , zài jiàn!! (Chinese-good bye)

1  Thank DelhiDelites
Reviewed 26 July 2017

If you're in the mood for some 'authentic' Chinese but really tasty one too, head to The Monk. The place has a hustling seating in the Galaxy Hotel atrium but the experience is WOW. Must try dishes are fried butter garlic prawns, Curry Laksa soup and Lamb noodle bowl. An absolute delight for your Chinese cravings.