“For Chinese lover”
Review of The Monk

The Monk
Ranked #30 of 2,880 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

If you love Chinese and open eating outlet then this is place for you.
It is in the Galaxy mall in sector 15. You won't get much crowd here so eating at open sitting won't discomfort you.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Complete 5 stars to the taste of the Dimsums ! Must try for everyone. Really good ambiance. Totally worth the money!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I really don't know why this place was one among the top restaurants in Gurgaon from 2010-2015, the food is fine, but the restaurant is not that amazing looking, neither the location is great, not many people would have even known about this restaurant back then.

I would say it is over Hyped, nice PR but nothing that great. A lot of good Chinese restaurants have come up in the city, even some of the takeaways are good. Overtly priced for the service and food they give.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Monk is one of the most amazing fine dine oriental cuisine restaurant I have come across in recent times. I went to this place for lunch and began my meal with one steaming hot bowl of vegetable thukpa noodle soup. It was a sight to look at and tasted even better. Next came Crispy Duck Wonton with pickled vegetables, these were nicely fried and had a juicy duck filing, tasted delicious. Chicken with shredded ginger dimsum, thin outer layer stuffed with juicy chicken filing accompanied with spicy dip, again a fantastic dish. These dishes were accompanied with Long Island Iced Tea which was quite strong and beautifully made.

Coming to the main course, I ordered two of their chicken rice bowls. One was in Sichuan sauce with red chillies and roasted peanuts and other variation was with mushroom in chilly garlic basil sauce. And both of them were delectable but my personal favourite was the Sichuan sauce variant because of the sheer spiciness. In desserts I ate Chocolate & walnut nems with vanilla ice cream, nems is essentially the texture of a spring roll stuffed with chocolate and walnut, quite good in taste. Coconut Caramel Ice Cream topped with mixed nuts, this was my favourite and a perfect way to end my meal.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

You really have to know it exists to reach there. Thus we went through friend references. The ambience is nice though at the first look it looks like a temporary space in a hotel corridor.

The food was highly recommended by friends and it turned out to be a good excuse to go there.

The put off is that with half the restaurant empty, it took them 20 minutes to ask us for water and provide us with menus, after 2 reminders. The order taker was least interested in our orders - no smiles. The servers were as bad. Damp, no interest, no smile or enthusiasm.

The food turned out to be great. This single reason left me ok with my time spent reaching the place and going through my lunch with friends.