1,268 results
All reviewsbaluchi restaurantcoffee shoppool viewbusiness tripfive star hotelduty managerspecial thanksexcellent hospitalityin housethe heart of the cityfront officebreakfast spreadexcellent stayhouse keepingpleasant stayokosutra
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This hotel probably back in the 80s was a five stars residence but the passing of time and lack of maintenace make this property outdated in the India of 2018.
Property need to be deeply refurbished , rooms are old, tired and not looking good at all.
cleaness is not what you expect from a 4 or 5 stars hotel: hairs found in the sink upon entering in the room, same on the shower floor; slippers felt old and used not sealed in the plastic bag (??!!).
Cabinet had just 3 hangers all different from each other, bed sheets and pillow were not spotless.
no modern sockets for recharing all stuffs you have nowday, however Internet was fine.
I have never been a Lalit's fan but this experience will not help to increase my consideration of this Hotel chain.

1  Thank Carcentina
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Namaskar!

Thank you for your feedback, I regret having to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay while at the hotel.
Please accept my sincere and unqualified apology for any inconvenience that you may have faced while at the hotel.

I have made a note of your concerns with regard to the and the look and feel of the hotel. I wish to assure that we are currently in the process of refurbishing all our guest rooms and we will complete the excercise sometime later this year, I am confident that the enhanced product would be to your liking.

I request you to kindly afford us another opportunity to be of service to you and I personally assure you of a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

While the property is largely OK, and the rooms are OK as well, the incessant, obnoxious music that plays at the lounge and nightclub every night makes this place absolutely terrible.

When I checked in on a Saturday evening, I couldn't even hear the person at the counter because the music at the lounge was so loud. The next night, the party moved to the roof top nightclub, and was so loud that things in my room were vibrating...and I was 4 floors below the club! And the clubs go until 3 AM, so don't expect to get a good nights sleeps anywhere in the hotel. It's absolutely insane. I go to a hotel to sleep, which is near impossible here. The only recourse is to move rooms, which is a losing battle because there really isn't a quiet room in the hotel.

Not to be all negative, the breakfast is quite good, though you'll be tired when you go because you can't sleep anywhere.

The rooms are OK, but are very, very dated and in desperate need of updating. My room was clean, another colleague of mine was placed in a room covered with mold. This is not a luxury hotel, even though the Lalit group calls it one.

Go stay somewhere else in Bangalore, there are certainly other choices at this price point where you can, you know, sleep, in your room.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, go anywhere else if you want to sleep. There are no good rooms.

Namaskar!

Please accept my sincere and unqualified apology for the inconvenience faced by you while at the hotel.
I understand that a good night's sleep is an essential part of a business traveller's schedule and we were unable to deliver the same.

I wish to assure that we are currently in the process of refurbishing all our guest rooms and I am confident that once this is completed the enhanced product would to your liking.

While I cannot take away from the discomfort faced by you I humbly request you to allow us another opportunity to be of service to you and turn around the poor stay experience of this visit.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2018

What started as a warm welcome at reception, turned out to be a terrible hotel stay. I don't usually write many reviews for hotels but I thought I'd warn other fellow business travellers. The following issues were noted during my visit:
- I stayed on the weekend (a room on level 3) and could hear the music from the top floor night club (level 6) until 2am. Even with ear plugs in, I could still hear the low frequency vibrations from the speakers which resulted in a bad Sunday nights sleep
- breakfast was supposed to open at 7am, but at 7:25am they were still taking food and other items out to the displays and it took nearly 10mins to grab someone to get a hot drink. Usually at the other hotels I have stayed in, the opening time means all services are available (this issue was noted on both mornings of my stay).
- the gym/steam room area looked like it had not been cleaned in a while so I decided to not use the facility as it did not feel relaxing seeing all the used towels strewn all over the floor
- my bathroom tiles about 2 feet below ceiling level were mouldy
- on check out, it took forever to get the bill as the printer was broken. Also, I selected the charge to be in Indian rupees (I ticked the receipt for INR), however my card was charged in EUR, which is very odd as I am from the UK and the local currency is GBP so now I have to deal two rounds of terrible exchange rates

So as to leave a balanced review, we had dinner on the first evening in the Asian restaurant on the same floor as the night club (the music was too loud though). It wasn't so busy as we were only one of two tables so the chef was very welcoming and made some really nice food for us.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Namaskar!

I have made a note of your concerns with regard to the Nightclub noise, service at breakfast and the look and feel of the hotel. I wish to assure that we are currently in the process of refurbishing all our guest rooms and we will complete the excercise sometime later this year, I am confident that the refurbished product would be to your liking. I have had a detailed discussion with my team with regard to your feedback during breakfast service and we have taken some immediate steps to address the issue.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Dialled the Rejuve Spa today 26/06 at around 14:30 to book an appointment for a massage only to be hear a hysterical laughter by a lady who then started speaking to her colleague in the local language Kannada saying "there's someone on the phone who is speaking in English".
I can understand and speak Kannada and would have been more than happy to communicate in Kannada. It's surprising that the staff answering the phone couldn't speak English and absolutely appalling that they burst out laughing for reasons unknown.

This may be a one-off incident but nonetheless it shouldn't have happened. I hope this review is used constructively to educate the staff in question on customer service.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Namaskar!

Thank you for your feedback, at the onset please allow me to offer you my sincer and unqualified apology for the less than pleasant
experience which you had while making a booking appointment at the health club.

We have spoken to the concerned employees and they have been duly chastised and counselled , I once again apologise on theor behalf.

I wish to assure that this is not usual and request you to kindly afford us an opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Stayed for a night; checked in quite late. Very nice toiletries in the bathroom. Excellent breakfast with good selection of food . room was decent. check in was prompt. Well kept property. Central location

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TBhaskar, General Manager at The Lalit Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Namaskar!

We appreciate knowing we could make your experience at The LaLiT Ashok, Bangalore a happy one.

Our endeavour at the hotel is to provide best-in-class service to our guests and we are glad to learn that we lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Warm regards,