“Nice Place with Family”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Chikkamagalur
Bengaluru, India
“Nice Place with Family”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I visited along with my family to The Serai, chickamagalur and enjoyed the resort facilities, very good attitude of staffs, fantastic food, estate walk..etc.
This is my second visit to this resort, once in October 2010 and this time for Christmas 2011.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of a 10 day trip through the Deccan in India around Christmas time (2011). This was by far the best hotel we stayed in during our journey and one of the best hotels I have stayed in worldwide. It is set in a coffee plantation. Each room is a stunning bungalow with outdoor small pool, gorgeous room, sunken tub. But the setting, service and cuisine is what really makes this hotel extraordinary. Wonderful south Indian food and gorgeous views. The architecture is modernist and well designed. This is well worth the trip, and is especially well situated for those interested in history--Hoysala temples.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I wanted to spend a quiet 3 night away from the city for a special occasion. I was debating between Kumarakom and this place, before I finally narrowed down to this place. I chose the 3 night package of Estate pool villa, which included all 3 meals for both of us.

The resort had arranged a car to pick us up from Birur station. It was a bit of bumpy 1.5 hr drive. As soon as you check in to the resort, you are offered a yummy cold coffee. Luckily, we were given the resort near to the entrance, so we didn't have to walk much. The villa was huge, with a big bedroom and bathroom. We did have our own private pool in the room, but didn't really swim as the weather was pretty cold.

I was not a big fan on the food served here but they do have a wide variety. I enjoyed my breakfast here the most. I did indulge in spa, which was again nice. The service of this resort is very nice.The resort arranged for us to travel to Mullayanagiri hills, which is the highest peak in Karnataka. The view from both this hill and the resort is a treat to the eyes.

Will definitely love to get back to this place. You can check out an elaborate review about this place in my blog http://myconnectionwithfood.blogspot.com/2012/01/serai-chikmagalur.html

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PriyaSuri
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 20 December 2011

i spend my last weekend at Serai im Chikmagalur. Even though its far from my home town it aws worth being there. the hospitality, exquisite rooms, mouth watering cuisines, i just cant stop talking about the experiences that i had in the resort. i would love to spend my New Year morning in The Serai with a cup of coffee, because i believe if i start off my year out there i could lead a luxury life throughout the year

Room Tip: you could check out the bathrooms of the room and see how beautiful room u have got.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jishageo
Bangalore
Reviewed 19 December 2011

i will be revisiting The Serai this New Year to usher in 2012 on a quiet and relaxed note. The previous time i had stayed at The Serai the rooms were luxury at its best and the service was impeccable. Looking forward to visiting the resort again

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Swaha S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chikkamagalur
11.3 km away
11.4 km away
Nirvana Kutira
Nirvana Kutira
#3 of 140 in Chikkamagalur

Been to The Serai? Share your experiences!