“Perfect”
Review of Casa Eva Luna

Casa Eva Luna
Ranked #1 of 101 Varkala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2015 via mobile

After five weeks in India absorbing the culture, the noise and the hustle and bustle we looked for somewhere a little quieter and a little more 'touristy'. We found Varkala with its lovely beaches, continental restaurants and slower pace. More importantly we found Katrina and Estelle in their Casa Eva Luna home stay. An oasis of peace in a lovely setting and only a few minutes walk to the beach and cliffs. The rooms are spotless, with daily housekeeping, hot water all day which is actually connected to the shower (usually the showers have only a cold supply) and wonderful food. The home stay also offers Ayurveda treatments and diets. Whatever your reason for visiting Varkala a stay here will be the icing on the cake!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 February 2015

We had 2 nights at Casa Eva Luna and really enjoyed our stay. Clean, spacious and comfortable room. The two ladies that run the place are really nice - welcoming, friendly and happy to offer advice - this was much appreciated, and sets Casa Eva Luna apart from some of the other places we have stayed.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Fantastic hosts who are happy to help with any questions you have. The rooms are clean and spacious with a nice area outside the rooms to enjoy breakfast in the sun. We didn't eat here for dinner but the breakfast was very nice and well priced. The homestay is a little difficult to find but it very close to the cliff / beach in Varkala (15min walk) and is a short rikshaw ride from town (~Rs100)

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevinmc2003
Reviewed 22 January 2015

Warm welcome and feeling like at home is what you will find in Casa Eva Luna, among other delightful things. Quiet place, big comfortable rooms and baths and lovely hostess Katrina and Esther. Don't miss the superb kitchen and special indo-spanish dishes of Esther. Katrina will help you with her great knowledge of India to go in the best way. Higly recomended charming place!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Geles2015
Reviewed 18 January 2015

I arrived in Varkala from Delhi. I found Delhi very challenging in many ways: pollution, noise, traffic, transportation, safety etc... What a different world at Casa Eva Luna!
I was welcomed at Trivandrum airport by a very friendly Indian driver who drove me safely to Casa Eva Luna. Upon my arrival at Casa Eva Luna I was welcomed by Katrina, Esther and the two “boys” Prem and Samir. It was like coming home to two loving mothers. Shortly after my arrival I set around the “family table” with the other guests and had a delicious dinner a la carte. The other guests had already stayed more than a month at Casa Eva Luna and were full of praise. My room welcomed me with bright warm colors and I immediately felt at home. Next morning I had breakfast on the terrace: Freshly prepared fruit salad, very tasty eggs with self-made bread highlighted by delicious milk coffee. I loved Esther’s kitchen so much that I only ate once in a restaurant. Originally I had booked four days at Casa Eva Luna but I decided immediately to stay as long as possible. Katrina was extremely helpful in supporting me to book my onward journey. On my last day I was invited to a most delicious Christmas dinner and even got some lovely cookies for my onward journey. The two “boys” from Nepal, Prem and Samir, are a delight in itself and a perfect addition to the warm-hearted and friendly service provided by Katrina and Ester. Watching Prem and Samir working in the garden was for me like a meditation.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo