Casa Eva Luna
Kaiya House(Varkala)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshomemade breadmassage roomfresh aloe verawonderful hostsexcellent chefthe cliffbeach towelsdaily housekeepingthought of everythingthe main housecomfortable homestayayurvedic treatmentschristmas dinneran easy minute walkcleanest placespent weekshome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I spend a week in January 2017 with my two children and their grandparents at Esther and Kathrin's fantastic homestay. It is a real gem. Peacefully, green and with so many small details taken care of by the hosts. For example, I personally love the fact that you can get filter water (also ice cold!) all the day free of cost. It is great for the environment as well as for us guest. We truly had a wonderful stay. Playing in the hammocks in the garden and getting many good advices and a helping hand whenever we needed it. We felt so much at home. And the place is really value for money. You have a little way to walk to the beach, but it is worth it all. I have been a frequent traveler to India for almost 20 years now - Eva Casa Luna is now top on my favorite list of places to stay in Varkala! I hope to be back in a not too far future.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

First time in Asia, having travelled extensively elsewhere, this was my very first stop. Not sure I could've picked better.

Lovely clean double room with en suite at a price affordable for solo travellers. Mixed crowd at the homestay, which here was a villa set in the jungle right between the temple and the beach, perfect for all the amenities.

WiFi, free water, excellent travel and medical advice (with assistance if requested), will break high denomination notes for you (very useful at the start of a trip) and provision for drinks/ meals if desired. Friendly people, lent me an iron and ironing board and were able to very affordably wash clothes had I needed it.

It's a beautiful enough place that many simply sit out on the terrace in the garden in the evening instead of going out. I had some great conversation there myself. An aryuvedic practice is inside with a separate room so if necessary you can be seen there. One guest used it and spoke highly of it for price and quality. Only downside I could see is that the mosquito net had some holes that I sealed with tape, but that's it. Enjoy!

Well recommended.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2017

If, like us, you value daily housekeeping, a spotless room, hot showers, unlimited drinking water, great coffee, cold beer and toilet paper (!!) you won't be disappointed. Casa Eva Luna lives up to the excellent reviews and is a super homestay well managed by a friendly English/Spanish couple. It's in a nice quiet (hard to find!) back street and the 10 minute walk to the beach was a nice stroll. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at CEL, first time solo, this time as a couple. Little has changed. It is spotlessly clean, has friendly and helpful owners, the best breakfast I have had in India, lovely dinners, a peaceful location yet only five or so minutes from the hustle and bustle at North cliff. It attracts a nice clientele, it is inexpensive and if I get the chance I'll come for a third time. Thanks Esther and Katrina.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at Katrina's homestay with my mom and partner and we had a marvelous time! Katrina was very welcoming and so helpful sharing lots of knowledge about Varkala for exploration and eating — our two favorites! Their home is spectacular & full of color and any amenity you might need. We had breakfast each morning and highly recommend the cheese omelette and homemade bread, plus some basil from her impressive garden! The house is perfect walking distance to the beach & main strip along the cliff. We really enjoyed our stay and would be happy to come back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family