“The best homestay in South of India”
Review of Casa Eva Luna

Casa Eva Luna
Ranked #1 of 100 Varkala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Cool, comfortable and friendly place. The kind ladies in charge make you feel at home. Their advice about places to visit were great and useful.
The rooms are very clean.
We also recommended you the food and especially the dinners you make at home, very tasty ..and help rest from indian food to unhealthy palates.
They have good ayurvedic massages and treatments supervised by a doctor.

Room Tip: new house have the better rooms, but all rooms are clean and comfortables
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2017

nice, adorable and extra clean house. The ladies in charge are wonderful and make you feel great. They also make great suggestions of places to visit around. We stayed there 9 people for several days and felt completely at home. Food is also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderfull ladies . Nice clean rooms. Good food too. Highly recommended for short nd sweet stay. Bathrooms were clean. Approach road is kinda narrow. Would recommend not to bring in sedans . Bikes and. Amal cas are okay .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I don't write reviews, but I promised the two delightful ladies who own and operate this homestay, so whilst very late, here we go.
As always, I think our reactions to holiday accommodations is as much about expectation as it is about the actual key elements.
We had already spent a week in Kerala before arriving in Varkala so I had adjusted to the shock that is India, if you haven't been before.
The first place we checked into ( in Kovalam) was terrible, so we ended up moving to the towns well known 4 star hotel ( Uday Samudra )which I believe anybody would've found comfortable regardless of how over indulged you've been on your travels.
Why am I saying all this? Well, I think it's important when understanding what we had been used to for a week before arriving at Casa Eva Luna.
When arriving, I was instantly struck by how colourful and inviting the grounds and two buildings are. Then a wonderfully warm greeting from Christina and her partner put a smile on our faces and instantly relaxed my hidden anxiety about my second visit to a homestay rather than hotel.
The ladies are European and whilst I really don't wish to suggest that the Indian operated homestays are any different, there certainly was some comfort for me in knowing that the hosts are familiar with your holiday minimum comfort expectations.
They gave us all the key information we needed without even asking ( walking distances to everything, half a dozen restaurants to try, where to get money changed etc etc. They also gave us a map and marked key things on it.
They set the scene with the property, how it all works, what food you could order and when, water dispensers etc etc and all of this whilst enjoying a cup of tea and a biscuit .
Probably other things I can't remember but generally I felt that everything was considered and available to the best standard that you could expect for this price range and probably well above it!
My wife and I were travelling with our 22yr old daughter and whilst the double rooms are a bit tight with a third bed, they were expecting us, set the room up as well as they could and I can't remember but don't believe we paid much more ( if anything!? Sorry just can't remember)
Sure, it's not a five star hotel but to feel happy and comfortable straight after a decent up market hotel was quite an achievement (in my humble opinion!) and very impressive for the price.
We went back to Varkala for a few days at the end of our Trip because we liked the place but didn't stay Casa Eva Luna....this was only because we fancied being right on the cliff top area but if you don't mind a 10 min walk to the main cliff and beach area ( perfectly pleasant walk ) then book Casa Eva Luna without hesitation.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Nice, quiet, comfortable. Probably one of the best options is you are visiting Varkala for a few days. Esther and Katrina are very friendly and always helping, treating you like a member of their families. Also recommending places to visit, restaurants and arranging transports if needed. The place is very quiet, outside the center of Varkala (so you avoid all the shops, restaurants and so, and can better relax. A rickshaw can take you here and there very easily.

Rooms are new and absolutely clean (the best in my trip in India). Esther is a very good cook and prepares taste dinner at night.

All in all, a great choice if you want a quite and nice place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo