“Good pan-Asian cuisine”
Review of Mainland China

Mainland China
Ranked #51 of 7,013 Restaurants in Pune
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

After a long hiatus, we had a family reunion to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Being a large group with different food choices, we narrowed down our choice to the all you can eat lunch buffet at Mainland China. We weren't disappointed a bit.
The restaurant now offers a wide selection of pan-Asían fare in addition to the regular Chinese dishes.
We started with a customized bowl of Vietnamese Pho, the traditional winter soup. The starters were served on the table, one after another :Malay satay, Chinese Dim sums, wontons, shrimps steamed in Pandang leaves, vegetable fritters etc. We were spoilt for choice.
The main courses also offered endless choices, mee goreng, Thai curries, Chinese fried rice, Korean khimchi and so on. I, for one, ate crabs to my heart's content.
One soft drink is complimentary per person. Also they offered a complimentary champagne bottle and birthday cake to help us celebrate.
We shall remember our lunch for a long time to come. As they say in Spanish, barriga llena corazón contento. A full belly leads to a contented heart. We had both.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Mainland China as a chain has become boring and predictable I use to be a great fan of this chain and not any more The food tastes the same and in some cases the quality has dropped considerably.There are much better options available in every city now as I experienced on my visit to Pune

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This restaurant some of the best oriental dishes and serves them with pleasure. some of the best dishes to go for: lotus stem rice, crispy babycorn.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

I am regular at the speciality group restaurants, and Mainland China happens to be one of my favourites. This was my first visit to this outlet and the experience was good one. We had ordered Konjee Crispy Lamb, Crab soup, Schzuan Fish & Mixed Rice.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

It used to be very good. Have been a customer for about 5 years. The food was pretty authentic and tasty till two years back. Especially Szechwan. Things have changed. The authenticity has gone. Very Indian-Chinese now. Maybe that's what sells. Like Chinese cuisine in Delhi. Water and sauce have been replaced by oil and grease. Very disappointing.

I give this restaurant another 2 years before it closes down. There is a general air of despair about it. Even the staff look disheartened.