“Awesome place with food to match”
Review of 1559 AD

1559 AD
Ranked #56 of 929 Restaurants in Udaipur
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We, at 1559 AD take you to the bygone era to experience the old world hospitality. The building which is about 95 years old has been kept the same with a little fusion concept of art nouvelle. With a few contemporary designs and ancient artifacts this is the perfect blend of old and new. The concept is completely a unique one where we have used old artifacts and weapons to blend in with art nouvelle to provide the perfect fusion concept. As evening falls 1559 turns into a fairytale edifice to give a magical gaze. The idea is to provide a memorable experience to the guests in hospitality, ambience, architecture and last but not the least mouth watering cuisines.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Outstanding salmon, salads...quail ( not sure ).

Awesome place with food to match

Outstanding salmon, salads...quail ( not sure ).

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank nkm111
Write a reviewReviews (589)

Reviewed 27 December 2020

Our family visited this place in December. Absolutely brilliant food the Lal Maas is excellent so is the fish jaisamandi...the best part is that the kids have a choice of pizzas to eat....kudos to sumit Choudhary and Hukam singh for the excellent service.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

I visited this restaurant in Udaipur just 2 days back with my wife. The moment you enter the property there is something very charming about it. May be for someone from Bangalore it just reminded me of the old bungalows around Brigade Road or St. Marks Road.

Anyways coming back to 1559 and leaving my nostalgia behind, the little garden is beautifully utilized as a dining area. There are indoor dining options as well but we chose to sit in the garden under a big tree to enjoy the pleasant autumn afternoon. The tables have been placed at decent distances conforming to the social distancing norms laid down by the authorities. The staff have ensured proper hygienic protection for themselves and also for their guests.

The menu is fantastic. Did see several options in the menu card but as were having a late lunch by our standards, we chose to go ahead with a Non-Veg Tandoori Platter for starters which consisted of Chicken Malai Kebab, Chicken Tikka, Lamb Sheekh Kebab and Amritsari Fish Tikka. For lunch we chose a light Mutton Britain and Masada Butter Chicken.

I loved every bit of the food (Perhaps could be a little spicy but its ok) but the service of one of their staff Govind Singh is truly commendable. He truly took good care of us as long as we there. The service I must say is top notch.

I strongly suggest visitors to visit this lovely restaurant for a good meal.

Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

I had a chance to visit this restaurant 3 days ago and we ordered Chinese.
I suppose that's the mistake I did as now I think that we should have ordered Indian instead of Chinese as the hakka noodles were avg, instead they tasted more like Chili Garlic noodles and when I inquired about the same from the waitor he was unable to explain the difference.
Other that food was ok.
Well must add that the Ambience was perfect and the service was fast

Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

Great restaurant amidst beautiful settings which we came upon by chance while visiting Lake Fateh Sagar. We visited at lunch and I think the restaurant would look more magical at night. Staff were polite and maintained covid protocol. We ordered chicken pizza and a paneer dish and both were great in taste and presentation. The price was also fair. Thoroughly recommend visiting this place.