All reviews rooftop restaurant care taker rooms are clean beautiful terrace hot water place to stay his brother a lovely stay common areas old city lake pichola tourist places cooperative staff perfect location walking distance nice experience delicious food
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I'm generally not overly critical of hostels. However, this was an exceptional case. I reserved a private room in advance and came to check in. The room I was given was beyond dirty and the sheets were covered with spots and hair from the previous guests. Additionally, the bathroom was a wreck and the toilet was full of urine (not an exaggeration).

We asked that the toilet be cleaned and the sheets changed and the result was a quick spray of the bathroom (no cleaning products used) and different sheets while ignoring the hair-filled pillow cases. Nevertheless, we stayed overnight.

The room faced the hallway (only an internal window) and the noise from the common room continued until 3:30. It promptly resumed at 7:30 with the music from reception.

Prior to going to sleep, I went upstairs for a beer on the terrace with my girlfriend and another friend who we brought along. We asked for three glasses and was provided glasses that were not only dirty, but still had beer in them from the previous people who had them (no joke, all 3 of them).

Long story even longer... The stay did not leave a positive impression. They are incapable of adhering to basic hygiene standards and don't seem to place any emphasis on customer satisfaction. There are many better options in Udaipur.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BradenK1
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

What should i compliment for this hotel cum palace.. I mean the place itslf describes panda & panda is the cutest nd sweetest animal.similarly the place is so sweet, marvellous theme with amazing services, especially subham u wer too generous even after we were losing the hope u pushed us to stay there, u are so kind.. thank you so much for giving us that place to stay..to hangout..to play..to eat...we have only planned to stay 1 day and night but unplanned stay was so good..reason doesn't matters but fun matters alot.. amazing hospitality by backpackers panda(all staff)..
We are looking forward to stay again and again whenever we will b in udaipur

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend decided to go to Udaipur from Mumbai and booked flights and hostel the same day. It all worked out very cheap and we had a lovely stay. Originally we booked for one night at Backpacker Panda, but enjoyed our stay here so much we decided to extend it for one more night, before moving on to the next city. I would recommend this hostel to travellers from all over, it is has a very cool atmosphere and all the staff are very friendly and helpful, especially shubham rao. He made sure we had the perfect stay, not only in the accommodation but on our daily travels around Udaipur.

1  Thank Dayna B
Reviewed 30 October 2017

This is the first time I visited Backpackers panda!! I would say they have neat,clean and very tidy rooms and managed very well. The owning people are very nice and co operative even though it was a very first time we didn't felt so. They guided and helped us in any manner they can.Even its a safe place for us and our bags. The ambience of roof top was super awesome to spent time even. I will love to stay with backpackers panda for sure in future whenever I visit the city again. I recommend it to all ages group to visit once as it is economical and superb !!! Thumbs up guys, Keep it up!!!! :)

Room tip: Rooms with four beds are very nice and comparatively spacious.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

It's really awesome , to stay in backpacker lake pichola Udaipur ! The room , space , tereece ,food also is good ! This is my second time here and the owner is really awesome and will help you in everything (name-shubham Rao) ...
I will recommend this place to every backpackers because this owner is young and understand every backpackers need ...