“New year vacation trip”

Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Varanasi
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

It was awesome trip to ramada plaza jhv,its start from front desk it is perfect,lobby is so beautiful.room is also good & specious,than come for hospitality at the palate(world class multicuisne)we take our breakfast,it is amazing no words to for hospitality,Mr.Utpal,Mr.Muvin,Mr.Arun(F&BManager),Mr.Vikram,Mr.Ashutosh along with entire palate team who always stand for world class hospitality......Again special thanks to Mr.Utpal & Mr.Utpal for trip make special.......,,just keep it up

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank Rohit K
AkashSaigal, General Manager at Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thanks for the valuable feedback. Will share the same with the team members. Looking forward to welcome you back.

Akash Roy Saigal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We stayed two nights at this hotel, keen to see the great Ganges. The front of house was well presented and it looked like it was trying to do some improvement at the back garden area. We asked for a double bed, but were allocated two single beds. This was not really acceptable as when they pushed the beds together, the sockets were behind the pillows! The staff was helpful and produced an antique adaptor lead. With some explanation they procured a 21st century adapter lead. This is very good and an improvement!
We had a yoga lesson by the pool. The yoga mats were varied but as expected in a public gym - in general the pool furniture was well maintained and updated.
Breakfast offered a good spread of international and Indian fare but alas the staff bringing teas and coffees were quite clueless, and had no idea what was on offer - I asked for Green Tea (where they had loads of teabags) but the staff didn't understand what I was talking about. I had to make my own. That said, the cooking was good and I was pleased with the homemade bread, good eggs / omelettes, excellent and a choice of curries, noodles etc nontheless.
In general the hotel could do with a little refurbishment in the room, a lick of paint and staff needs training. The customer relationship manager Ritika was friendly and attentive. I hope that she takes all the feedback onboard and this would be a great hotel. Front of house 4 stars, but restaurant service 2.5 stars.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanony
AkashSaigal, General Manager at Ramada Plaza JHV Varanasi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thanks for a valuable overall feedback. We have few international students who are on the job trainees. We have identified a need for training them. Will address the issues raised by you and will convey the compliments to the staff. Looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

When I book a 5-star hotel, I expect everything to be 5-star, and that includes the bathroom too. So while I was really pleased with the reception area, and the extremely helpful, and efficient service staff, the slightly small and oldish bathroom was disappointing. I was also quite surprised to find that the TV had no regional channels - I was specifically looking for Bengali channels but there were none. Normally I wouldn't care for such anomalies, or mention them in a review, but because Ramada advertises as a 5-star hotel, my expectations were as much.

Everything else was fine. Breakfast was lovely. Rooms were super clean, and cosy. And service, as expected - top class!

The hotel is around 20 km from the airport - if you book a taxi service from the hotel, it will cost you 1250 INR. But if you take a taxi on your own, the maximum you need to pay is 700 INR. There is a separate travel desk who will help you with your sightseeing. My advice is that if you have even the slightest of doubts about getting cheated by the locals, go with the hotel services - even at a premium price, you will be safe - specially for the evening boat ride.

Tip: If you do not want to eat at the hotel, you can walk over to the JHV Mall within the hotel premises, where you have a Pizza Hut, a coffee place, and a Food Court. The McDonald's was closed temporarily.

While I would recommend everyone to stay here, next time I am in Varanasi, I would try another 5-star just to compare what the others offer at this price.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mahuya

Thanks for a comprehensive feedback. Currently we have limited regional channels on board, however, will strive to provide the same for your future stay.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Good hotel overall, but one of the most apathetic staffs imaginable from a usually good quality brand. When we checked in our room stunk of smoke, mold, and ?urine. I called front desk to ask for another room, but they just said they'd Send someone up to check our room. I said I did not want it checked, I wanted another Room, , But they did not make any comment and seemed to be ignoring me. When no one came I called again and got a similar response. I went to the lobby where our local guide was waiting and he gave them a hard time and they then switched us to another Room. On another occasion I asked the concierge type person at his desk, what time a movie was playing at theater in the mall next door. He told me I should just go over there myself to find out. . I asked him if he would call on the phone and he
very reluctantly did so, then told me they were not answering the phone, that was the end of it. No further help offered.
On another occasion we asked at the front desk for 2 water bottles for the room ( these were usually complementary from housekeeping). They gave us one bottle and said that was all they could give us. So I asked how we could get more water . They said that if we wanted more we should go to the restaurant. At the entry to the closed restaurant the maitre d said someone would bring the water. 5 minutes later, still standing at the entry, I asked again for the water, and after 5 more minutes later I saw her ask someone to bring the water to us.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank a1997

This is very unlikely of our staff and contrary of feedback which we receive for them. Definitely not acceptable by our standards. Will surely address the points highlighted. We have been flexible in providing extra water bottles whenever desired by our guests. Please give us another opportunity to serve.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

It was an awesome trip to Varanasi with the hospitality of Ramada. Starting from the check in to check out everything was perfect. Lobby was so beautiful, than the room was so cleaned and so specious, than coming to restaurant "TADKA" was very good with its yammy food. I would like to mention the name "Sumitra ghosh" from housekeeping who was outstanding with her hospitality services.. special thanks to her and ofcourse the whole Ramada team for making my trip so memorable.. thank you, thanks allot....

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rakesh Roshen P

Thanks so much for the great feedback. We strive to work hard for guest comfort. Will convey the compliments to the staff members.