All reviews log cabin home away from home other guests landour language school dinner table home stay yak wool solar energy hobbit house wonderful hosts char dukaan home cooked beautiful homestay well stocked library ginger lemon tea doon valley hospitality industry
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 December 2020

Since March 20th, quarantined at home, due to the present pandemic for almost 8 months, a glimmer of hope shone with the advent of “new normal”. A home away from home was beckoning for quite some time and a direct flight from Mumbai to Dehradun opened the gates to Uttarakhand. Breezing through Arogya Setu app, ICMR approved Covid test, online registration with Uttarakhand Ministry and confirmed reservations we were at Dehradun. The home stay vehicle received us and we were on our way to our most anticipated gateway.
Travelling through the forest, climbing the steep of almost 7,800 feet, we were at Landour. The ‘Kudles’ of ‘La Villa Bethany’ were there to welcome us. Over a cup of ginger lemon tea, the local specialty, we were briefed with wonderful anecdotes about the history of Landour and places of tourist interest.
LVB homestay is unique on several accounts. One marvels at the intrigue restoration of the cottages which are almost 106 years old. The recent addition of the cottages, the Hobbits and Log Cabin, are classic examples of innovation. The interiors housed all the starred amenities of a hotel but what really relaxes you is the old charm ambience of a house which probably was enjoyed by our grandparent’s ages ago. The fireplace, collection of antiques, furniture and the lovely paintings on the wall, gladdens ones eye.
The potted plants, garden in full bloom with a hue of colors, beckoning the butterflies, makes us look at the creation. Tall pines, oak and fur trees surround you like a green cushion soothing your frayed nerves. Every morning a very scrumptious tasty spread welcomes the guest at the breakfast table. Later one could then just pick a book from the library and laze around or set off on a leisurely trek along the eight shaped road connecting Sisters bazaar, Lal tibba and Char dukaan.
The north and the south facing trails offer a variety of flora and fauna. Evenings were magical with the winter line which appeared after the sunset. Once again everybody looked forward to the bon homie at the dinner and to savor the varied cuisines.
The host were always there to see to your comfort and share their wonderful experiences. La Villa Bethany also holds the distinction of being the first to harvest rain water, use solar energy and ensure eco protection. Towards commitment to society, they are the recipients of karma veer awards for relief and rehabilitation of flood affected. ‘Safe travel and stay’ and ‘home stay’ awards are a galore for continued 8 years.
If one seeks serenity, quietness and a breadth of fresh air, away from crowds, then this is the place to be at. Bethany means rest and ‘be restored’ which we truly experienced. This home in the Himalayas is your home which beckons you again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 12 December 2020

I stayed at La Villa Bethany this October for 4 days. Amarjeet and Sunita are lovely hosts. Extremely warm and helpful. With all other guests and the amazing hospitality of Amarjeet and Sunita, it felt like one big family staying together, eating together, enjoying together. Evenings were mostly spent in their lovely library reading or having conversations with fellow guests. Sunita and her team from the kitchen served us a different cuisine every night. Needless to say, the food was lipsmackingly delicious. We would leave the dining hall so full that inspite of the chilly weather outside we had to take a long walk to digest all the food. Sunita and Amarjeet were always available for any help we needed and they made sure that our stay was more than comfortable and memorable. As much as I fondly remember our stay, I can't forget Puneet, the cute little boy of one of their staff members. He is an absolute delight! And not to forget their three dogs as well- Pongo, Perdi and Pepper! A must visit place.. strongly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2020

The warmth of not just the homestay but also of the hosts Sunita and Amarjeet is unmissable!

The moment you step into this cozy homestay you are greeted by Sunita with the brightest 'welcome home' smile and best ginger lemon tea ever! The property has 6 cottage/suites which are designed to ensure utmost comfort. For all these who travelled in december like me will be treated to the Christmas decor and festive feel all over the place!
Sunita and Amarjeet are excellent hosts. Her house rule of all the guests eating breakfast and dinner together ensures there is no dearth of conversations (which range from politics to bollywood and more) and i guess after the second meal had together, strangers become friends for life! The couple themselves have so many anecdotes to share that soon you start feeling more like family than just guests. We all spent hours playing board games or simply chatting up with each other after dinner.
The meals are curated so well that every day it feels like a special treat. Sunita even baked a cake to celebrate an anniversary, a birthday and a newly wed couple!
And if you still want your moment of solitude, simply retire to the library, which houses a wide variety of books and settle down into one of the huge, cozy armchairs for a good read. Guests are encouraged to showcase their talent and we were treated to beautiful Violin and keyboard renditions.
Unlike other hotels, saying goodbye to LVB was tough, but its some solace to know i will be back soon :)

Thank you Sunita, Amarjeet and the entire team for making my week long stay so awesome!

Reviewed 8 December 2020

I am back home now, but this time I left a piece of my heart in a home away from home... my holiday in Landour was made special by this homestay, La Villa Bethany, owned by the lovely warm couple, now friends, Sunita Kudle and Amarjeet...
My stay at this old English cottage overlooking the Doon Valley, was the most blissful experience that Ma and I had in many years... i loved my morning cup of coffee admiring the view from the balcony, the sunsets and the winter line were equally amazing.....
We made friends with the other guests as well and now, it seems like we are a "big happy family" that had a memorable holiday in this cozy homestay...
The best, and the most awaited, part was the dinner at 8...Sunita and her team would arrange an elaborate dinner every night, with special cuisines from different parts of India. We too had our "sobremesa moments" , would spend hours chatting away, while the kids would recite poetry and perform violin recitals...
Must say, I had a beautiful time and so did Ma!! I have promised Sunita and my other new friends that we should keep having our "new family" gatherings at Lavilla Bethany more often
Till then, I will miss my home in the Himalayas....

Reviewed 7 December 2020

LVB is one the the best homestay I've ever been too, the host Sunita felt like a family, and the stay was amazing, perfect place perfect home perfect food and homely feeling. Had a gret time at LVB. Thank you Sunita for the amazing experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends