“Excellent service”
Review of Bali Land Tours

Bali Land Tours
Ranked #166 of 933 Tours in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Land Tours by local experienced tour guide and tour driver team, specialize to conducting Customize Bali Tours and travel package.
Lutry, Switzerland
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 22 November 2016

We booked 2 full day tours with Bali Land Tours on 25 and 26 Oct, covering Tanah Lot, Taman Ayun, Tampak Siring Tirta Empul, tegalalang, Gunung Kawi and Ulun Danu Bratan. Ketut's wife, Ayu was the guide while Nyoman drove. We had expected just a taxi service and was pleasantly surprised to have a guide and taxi driver. Ayu was very nice and polite, not only explaining about the tourist attractions but also sharing about Bali culture, history etc. She spoke good English and Bahasa Malaysia. Nyoman was a very safe and careful driver and the car was new and clean. Before we arrived in Bali, we communicate with Ketut via email and WhatsApp and he always replied promptly. When Ayu found out we wished to shop for souvenirs, she brought us to Agung Bali after our tour. As the shop was new, she went in with us to make sure it was fully operating before leaving us to shop. She had earlier said that if it was not fully operational, she would bring us to another place. What excellent service! If we ever return to Bali, we would definitely book their taxi service again.

Visited October 2016
KetutBaliToursGuide, Owner at Bali Land Tours, responded to this review, 23 April 2017
Thank you for your kind review....wish to serve you again next time ....

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“The best guide and tour company in Bali!”
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

The best tour guide in Bali!
I first met Ketut in 2007, as he had guided my friends around Bali the year before,and they liked him so much they wanted to use him again.
My travel experience with him in 2007 with a large group of friends was so professional and well organised that when I decided to visit Bali with my partner this year, there was only one person I would have chosen to show us around.
I have maintained contact with Ketut ever since my previous visit, and he was always ready to offer general advice about the best time to visit Bali and places to stay, even before we had booked anything this time around. When I finally booked our flight, I simply sent Ketut our flight times and booking reference and he was there on time to pick us up from the airport after our long journey. I really felt that we had our very own professional guide as Ketut planned our holiday right down to the last minute to make sure we got to see the things we wanted to.
We told him a daily hotel budget and every hotel he advised us to book was absolutely right for our needs. Throughout our Bali adventure Ketut communicated with me via whatsapp and Facebook so we always felt that he was on hand to give advice.
My partner and I spent 5 days in Kuta at the Adhi Jaya hotel at his recommendation, followed by 4 nights in Ubud, One night in Lovina, then 3 nights in Seminyak at the Horison hotel, after which we went to Gili air for 6 nights before returning to Kuta to fly home
Throughout this time, we booked excursion days with Ketut at a reasonable price, and Ketut tailored our day trips so that they included transfers from each town/location to the next so that we stayed in budget.
We did some incredible things which we arranged with Ketut, including climbing the volcano, swam in its hot springs, saw some fantastic temples, waded into a waterfall, stayed in wonderful places and much more. Unfortunately the weather wasn't always with us, and I had to cancel one day trip as I had the dreaded Bali belly, but we had a great time.
When we decided to get out of the noise and traffic of Bali and go to Gili Air, Ketut booked our boat tickets for us and recommended the best boat company.
Finally, when our amazing adventure was over and we reluctantly had to go home, Ketut was there to pick us up and take us to the airport for farewells and promises of next times.
All in all, the best guide and the best company in Bali. if you book with Bali Land Tours you will get an guide with the following qualities:
*reliable
*trustworthy
*excellent local knowledge
*informative
*reasonably priced
*always on time
*Excellent command of the English language.

I cannot recommend him enough.
Thanks for a wonderful adventure !

Visited September 2016
1 Thank travelmadchick77
KetutBaliToursGuide, Owner at Bali Land Tours, responded to this review, 19 November 2016
Thanks Emma....I am very pleasure to served you again after a bit long time...wishing a great day to you and thanks a lot for your kind cooperation ...sorry if any still less...see you again...
Pune, India
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed 2 November 2016

we visited Bali from 23rd to 28th Oct and hired Ketut's services for 3 days. we had a great time as he took us around. Very punctual and very flexible; gave us good guidance on the places we visited...and also took us for some authentic Balinese cuisine...:)
we had a wonderful time and I will definitely recommend him.

Visited October 2016
KetutBaliToursGuide, Owner at Bali Land Tours, responded to this review, 17 November 2016
Thanks sir....I am pleased too that got chance to do my best during your Bali holiday.
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“7 aPRIL - 13 aPRIL 2016”
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Ketut was informative and on time for pick ups and tours. He was also helpful in sharing tips about each location that we went to. i would recommend him as your driver/guide for bali.

Visited April 2016
1 Thank Gergerl S
KetutBaliToursGuide, Owner at Bali Land Tours, responded to this review, 11 October 2016
Thanks and wish to handle you again when ever you visit our island...
Singapore
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Five star service and sightseeing to see the real Bali”
Reviewed 29 March 2016

We were looking to hire a driver to bring us around Bali with our own itinerary whilst based in Sanur.. You can also take a look at their website for suggestions as to where to go in specific areas of Bali. Prices are extremely reasonable for a full /half day and includes parking costs. You pay the admission fees to the temples/attractions yourself so the costs are transparent.

We booked 3 full day driving tours to cover
-East Bali (ie. Karasangem/Amlapura/Candidasa area)
-the drive from Mengwi up to the highlands around Begedul and then down to Canggu (Tanah Lot)
-and some of the nice beaches/cliff areas in South Bali around the Uluwatu/Ungasan area.

If you book 2 or more full day driving tours with them. you get free return transport from the airport to your hotel/villa at Legian/Seminyak/Kuta/Sanur so you can get all your transfer needs met through Ketut and his team. It was easy to communicate with Ketut over email when making the booking. You can also use whatsapp to contact him. Responses were very prompt.

The vehicle was new, clean and the air-conditioning worked well. Ketut and his fellow drivers were reliable, friendly and not pushy. They did not make us stop at any shops which we didn't request for and gave us as much time as we wanted at each attraction/pit-stop. We were brought to some really nice areas really off the tourist trail which we would not be able to find by ourselves. Do give a tip at the end as driving for long hours at a stretch is not easy, especially given the horrendous traffic and road conditions in most parts of Bali.

The only thing we would comment is that some of the places they brought us for lunch/dinner were obvious tourist traps charging high prices for average/mediocre food, specifically, the restaurant in Begedul close to Pura Ulu Datun Bratan (Mentari) or seafood restaurant in Jimbaran (Ganesha cafe) both of which I have reviewed separately and which have been the subject of numerous bad reviews on tripadvisor. I would suggest that you do some prior research on where you want to eat or just eat at one of the many roadside warungs to have a better culinary experience then we did.

Notwithstanding that, from the perspective of service, sightseeing, safety, reliability and value, we were extremely happy with Ketut and his team of drivers and would easily recommend them to anyone looking to get out and explore the real Bali.

Visited March 2016
1 Thank TimFP
Thanks for your kind review ...well for your kind advise too.