“Great service at reasonable price: Highly recommended”
Review of Bali Land Tours

Bali Land Tours
Ranked #202 of 1,009 Tours in Denpasar
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Land Tours by local experienced tour guide and tour driver team, specialize to conducting Customize Bali Tours and travel package.
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Zeroed down on Ketut after reading reasonably satisfactory reviews from his website as well as Tripadvisor, and he did didn’t give us any reason to regret our decision. He was highly responsive and also customised our tour the way we wanted it to be (along with making the required suggestions and recommendations for our itinerary).The driver Putu kept patiently waiting while we were stuck in the immigration process for about an hour and still gave us a warm welcome. Ketut himself drove the next day and he made sure that our time in the car doesn’t get boring. He told us umpteen things about Bali and its culture, and also showed interest in Indian culture, movies and serials. The next day his wife Ayu came along with driver Putu to accompany us throughout the day and we had a gala time with her as well. She is very warm, lively and fun-loving person. On our demand, she took us to a fixed-price shop ‘Agung Bali’ where we got souvenirs and other stuff at amazingly reasonable price. We wished to taste authentic Balinese cuisine and again she was right at our service and took us to a local restaurant which served great Balinese food. What I personally thank her for is the cycle ride suggestion she gave me and my wife at Nusa Dua beach. Unforgettable experience it was!! We changed our hotels every 2 days and they didn’t mind picking us from and dropping to a different location every other day. Full value for money. Bali Land Tours is highly recommended for the following reasons:
• Punctuality
• Warmth
• Response rate
• Customisation
• Trust
• Reasonable price
• Recommendations

Ketut_Suastama, Owner at Bali Land Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hi...Umar...just got time to reply...thanks for your great review..and glad to have your trust by ask Bali land tour as your Bali tours organizer...see you again..

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We were in Bali from 1st-7th May 2017(me and my wife) and technically took the service of Ketut from 2nd-5th May 2017 (On 5th May 2017 Ketut had arranged for me Nusa Penida Island tour through one of his friend's tour agency). I had contacted many travel & tour agencies as listed in Tripadvisor but I found good price, prompt reply, good presentation and suggestions from Ketut to better customize my tour. The transfer from & to airport was free for us. This free service can actually help many to convert there money in IDR in main city rather than at airport (one gets bad rates at airport). Except for a day Ketut was with for the rest 2 days. He explained us the significance and history of the temples where we visited. He even customized the travel on the day for Mt.Batur depending on the weather so that we can get good view of the mountain. He added beautiful places like Waterblow, Dreamland beach and the majestic Banyumala Twin Waterfalls for which i will really be thankful to Ketut. Ketut & his driver Putu were not pushy and when we desired to buy souvenirs they added Oley Oley shop (Good value for money shop for buying souvenirs) in Kuta in the itinerary. Icing on the cake was Nusa Penida tour, the day on the island was really awesome. Even though the deal was for lunch and site visits but we were offered welcome drinks, breakfast and then lunch! Here in Nusa Penida Island our driver name was also Ketut and he was also really good human being. Broken Beach, Crsytal Bay, Angel Billabong and Secret Point beach was really beautiful and made our day. Ketut and his driver were really prompt, professional with kind heart and were always on time. I will surely suggest Ketut Bali Land Tours who would like to visit Bali.

Ketut_Suastama, Owner at Bali Land Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thanks brother for your great review...wish can do better next time...warm regard from Bali.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

We were in Bali for 6 days and 5 nights (Me, My Wife & daughter). We contacted Ketut after seeing his good review in the internet for a three and half day tour package. I would say that, we have taken a good decision to engage Ketut for planning our trip and finalizing places to visit. He and his wife, being a Bali local were well aware of balinese culture and the places in Bali. Moreover, the whole tour price was very reasonable. Ketut offerred us a customized tour with personalized service. His driver Putut was prompt, safe driving & pleasent.
For temple visit, please do not miss Tanah Lot, Uluwatu, Thirth temple, Banjar hot spring. My daughter loved dolphin watching in the early hours of the morning in mid sea. Water blow beach recommended by Ketut (not in our initial plan) was worth visiting. We missed Kekak dance because of temple ceremony, it was cancelled for the day. We love to visit Bali again. Defenitely, we will engage Ketut again for our trip.

Thanks sir...was so glad to hear that you've enjoyed our service...wish be better and I available to handle you myself for your all day tour in Bali next time..

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I found Ketut through TripAdvisor and was looking forward to having him help us plan our stay in Bali. I reached out to him in January in advance of our trip in mid-April. I'm giving him 3 stars because he was very responsive to my initial emails and his driver was at the airport to pick us up on time.

However, Ketut did not arrive at the airport with his driver. His driver (Nyoman) was courteous, but his English was limited. I had to reach out to Ketut to ask where he was and he responded that he had injured himself and that Nyoman would be taking care of us during our stay. I was concerned that that Ketut had hurt himself, but was a little surprised that Ketut hadn't reached out to us first to give us a heads-up that we would not have a tour guide for any part of the trip. When we got into the car and asked the driver for some recommendations on where we could go for our first day, he literally handed us a laminated piece of paper with pictures and a map of Bali and told us to direct him where to go. He then suggested some restaurants and shopping areas that were all tourist traps. We were tired of this so we decided to just go to our hotel in Ubud (about a 1.5-2 hour drive from the airport).

The second day, I had booked us for a full day tour in Ubud, but we decided to change it to half a day because the weather was so hot. Nyoman arrived at our hotel about 30 mins late (granted Ubud traffic is pretty bad, but there was no heads-up about the tardiness). We went to the art market and Nyoman dropped us off and told us he'd be back for pickup in about an hour. After the art market, Nyoman drove us to the rice fields and then dropped us off on the side of the street and told us he'd be back to pick us up in an hour. There was no description of what we were visiting. I felt that we were basically paying for a taxi service, which was fine...except I actually expected a tour guide as well as some guidance in planning our itinerary for the price we were paying.

The final straw came on the last day (Tuesday). I had communicated with Ketut that my husband and I were interested in doing the sunrise hike on Mount Batur on Wednesday, which would require pickup around 12:30 or 1 am on Wednesday early morning. Nyoman told us that Ketut would be taking us hiking (side note: Nyoman looked confused when I asked him how Ketut would take us when his leg was injured, but that's neither here nor there). On the way to our hotel around 3 pm on Tuesday, I hear from Nyoman (NOT Ketut himself) that hiking was canceled because there was full moon that night and trekking was closed because there was a full moon ceremony. I was disappointed, but also upset that we didn't get any advanced notice from Ketut himself that our hike was canceled. If we had known earlier that there was a full moon ceremony on Wednesday, we could have rearranged our schedule to go climbing earlier during our stay. I asked Ketut to follow up with us to see if trekking would be allowed the following day (Thursday), but he never gave us an answer. I actually reached out to him the next day's afternoon and told him that we weren't interested anymore. I honestly did not trust him to plan our excursion and did not want to wake up at 1 am for a tour that didn't materialize.

I booked Ketut based on all the Trip Advisor reviews but was left disappointed. The next time I visit Bali, I will be finding another tour guide.

Hi Joanna...thanks for your review...just got time to reply...regarding your unhappy tour I am pleased to inform you that..
1. I was having knee ligament injured..after a while and finally doctor ask me for bed rest and can't inform you since you are flying already from US..urgently inform nyoman to handle even he is not ready ( request off for ceremony) glad he can drive you as a part of my driver staff...I never ask him whether he was happy or not since I was canceled his off. I was back to my village for traditional treatment which is 3.5 hrs drive away from your hotel side. Sorry i can't be at airport since during my recovery as doctor instruction...no body wish for accident upon busy day of work.
2. He was showing map and tell you some places...all driver in bali will not feel confidence with their English especially with US citizen or British tourist, may so hard for them all. Picture of places may help a lot than wrong spelling..even me too...most important we can communicate.
3. We stop of places after the customer allow us to stop..if the customer say don't like to stop we will not stop..I ask nyoman that you were agree to stop ..so he stopped you at places along the way to Ubud hotel
4. Late during rush hour...because traffic condition everyday we can't detect at all..if any festival in Bali may stuck a few hours cause the road so small..and your visit is during week festival in Bali..and as the road user we must wait with the villager authority if they block the road or use all side of road since they go together for ceremonial...those is in Bali..tradition and religion must first under the village authority, even the police will stop other road user and leave them go first.
5. stop at rice terrace with no explanation..as our confirmation I only provide ac car, driver, petrol and parking with no tour guide. As the government rule driver only allow to stop by parking and explain in the car not entering the object and explain those is tour guide job...I don't know that you were expect for tour guide...if I know I will quote for tour guide cost. Sometime the driver will follow with some reason such as unable guest, easy parking space, no government officer...if any government officer they will catch and we must pay for IDR 5 million rupiah since we are not use Balinese traditional wearing and no tour guide license. We do explain as per customer question in the car after or before arrive in some object...but kindly give feedback to the places and ask...if no question since we are concentrating to drive..we are worry if talk to much than may disturb since we must focus for safe drive.
6. Mount trekking always organize by local village climbing officer at songan village..no body allow to handle trekking at mount batur without under their certify...full moon last month is the starting of mother temple of Bali ceremony on mount agung and Batur Ulun danu temple which located on the foot of mount batur...I only got sms info that climbing close during the ceremony for 1 month urgent info by government and priest..I am not realize it even the guide too..many tourist cancel during that day..i tried to contact them and can't go trough...I has not whats app access with me due my injured treatment by village...I only info nyoman by phone call but you were at hotel already and he is not using whats app...till you I arrive back at denpasar and got your message afterward.

Finally I am pleased to inform you that we do tour driver service and the tour guide will arrange with request and extra fee, we can't provide tour guide with free except very low season I may come to follow my driver..but I only person with a few customer daily and all of my former customer know about this..since I always issue the confirmation details for the booking confirmed. Sometime if very hard question and can't answer by my driver..they will tell me and I will chat and explain via whats app if totally no time to meet them.
Thanks for all of your review was great for me..I never realize to make some unhappiness service and I am not recognize that you were have so high expectation about me which make me so proud and sorry with my injure. Anyway sometime we can't be the excellent all the time..we need to be dawn for a while to be better again in future.
Thanks and sorry for any less convenient services. Ketut

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We booked 2 full day tours with Bali Land Tours on 25 and 26 Oct, covering Tanah Lot, Taman Ayun, Tampak Siring Tirta Empul, tegalalang, Gunung Kawi and Ulun Danu Bratan. Ketut's wife, Ayu was the guide while Nyoman drove. We had expected just a taxi service and was pleasantly surprised to have a guide and taxi driver. Ayu was very nice and polite, not only explaining about the tourist attractions but also sharing about Bali culture, history etc. She spoke good English and Bahasa Malaysia. Nyoman was a very safe and careful driver and the car was new and clean. Before we arrived in Bali, we communicate with Ketut via email and WhatsApp and he always replied promptly. When Ayu found out we wished to shop for souvenirs, she brought us to Agung Bali after our tour. As the shop was new, she went in with us to make sure it was fully operating before leaving us to shop. She had earlier said that if it was not fully operational, she would bring us to another place. What excellent service! If we ever return to Bali, we would definitely book their taxi service again.

KetutBaliToursGuide, Owner at Bali Land Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Thank you for your kind review....wish to serve you again next time ....