We book this villa knowing that it is 20min away from Ubud and we enjoyed the stay very much. The villa is huge, much bigger than the most. We have a huge living room, a huge bedroom, spacious bathroom and they even have a huge wardrobe and dressing table. Our living room overlooks rice paddy fields so it is good to sit there read a book and relax. I wish to highlight the waiter that attends to us during breakfast always have a pleasant smile on his face and he is very attentive. When I am there, the wifi is down and that is personally something that I find it hard to live without.
They have free shuttle to Ubud. 2 shuttles to Central Ubud (10am, 2pm) and 2 returning (230pm and 9pm). If u take a taxi or arrange for the hotel to pick u up at other timing, it will cost around US$10. We always hop on the 2pm shuttle and catch the 9pm shuttle back after a nice dinner.
If I have to nitpick, then:
If you are really fussy about the breakfast, then maybe this place is not for you. They have very limited selection. Standard American breakfast will just consist of eggs, bread, fresh juice and tea/coffee.
If you are looking to a huge lap pool then this villa might disappoint. The main pool is small compared to a standard pool size however it overlooks the paddy field so it is still pretty pleasant.
The aircon in my room is not cold. I find it stuffy if I use the blanket. For most nights, I end up kicking my blanket aside. Problem solved.
All in all, I enjoy my stay in Alam Puri. The villas are spacious, clean and quiet. I feel rejuvenated after my stay. Oh ya, one morning, a small chameleon dropped from the rooftop and landed in the middle of my bedroom, which gave me a shock. The staff was quick to rescue however the chameleon found an opening and ran away. No damage done, just a little scare and a good laugh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The villas have a full art collection - Indonesian Tribal Art, painting collection, painting work shop along with the luxury and quiet, privacy and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alam Puri Art Museum & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alam Puri Art Museum And Resort
- Alam Puri Art Museum Hotel Denpasar
- Alam Puri Art Museum & Resort Bali/Denpasar