“Authentic Italian ”

Ranked #70 of 1,049 Restaurants in Kuta
Price range: US$3 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Al Dente is an expression describing the right way of cooking pasta “cooked but still firm when bitten” which is what Al Dente is all about: “right food, right ambience and perfect location”. Located at Complex Kuta Sidewalk, Jl Kartika Plaza and just minutes to the beach, with a capacity of 200 seats, Al Dente is ready to welcome you.Fresh & Homey Italian Cooking in Bali
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here a few times, and the meals were always delicious. Excellent pizzas, with crispy base and not too much filling (the Italian style). Extensive menu to choose from, including the attached Sports bar with burgers, steaks and Mexican. Try the Lychee Martini, so refreshing

RamaRestoBali, Manager at Al Dente Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear ntflyingdoc,

Warmest greeting from Rama Restaurants Bali,

Thank you for deciding to visit us and taking your time to share your experience with us here. We are so happy to know that you were satisfied with the food especially with the pizza, burger, steak, the Lychee Martini here and the restaurant's atmosphere as well. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back again next time.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We stopped at the adjoining sports bar and was surprised to find this restaurant attached. It also houses a resort at the back. You can choose from two menus (one Italian one from the sports bar). We opted for the Italian and the pasta was great. I also had the prawn salad which was huge. We ate here twice on whilst in Kuta and would recommend.

RamaRestoBali, Manager at Al Dente Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear tomac1957,

Warmest greeting from Rama Restaurants Bali,

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Al Dente Kuta and taking your time to share your experience with us here. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with the food and the restaurant's atmosphere as always. We surely look forward to welcoming you back again next time.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Don't be misled by the fact that this is an Italian restaurant, there is great variety for everyone, from burgers to pizzas to pastas to seafood. We went looking for prawns/seafood & this was where we found the right fit. We had the Hawaiian pizza, lamb pasta and plate of tiger prawns. It was so much more than we expected. 8 sizeable delicious seawater tiger prawns and a huge pizza (30cm) which I couldnt even finish. The pasta was also a decent portion and so tasty. The staff are so friendly and helpful & the service was very quick. The prices are higher than average but what you get for it is totally worth it. Try the Italian coffee too! Highly recommend for a dinner treat.

RamaRestoBali, Manager at Al Dente Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Ronittie,

Warmest greeting from Rama Restaurants Bali,

Thank you for visiting us and taking your time to share your experience with us here.
We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our variety dishes and our staff service as well.
We definitely look forward to serve you back again on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here while Kuta. The reviews looked good so we decided to try it out. Ww ordered one of their homemade pastas, the lasagna, along with a Caesar salad. The lasagna was ok, the pasta portion did taste fresh, but the flavor in the sauce and meat lacked flavor. It tasted more like pasta sauce from a jar. We then decided to order dessert and chose the semi-freddo, which was supposedly a customer favorite. It was good, but it took them 20min. to finally serve it to us and let me tell you, my husband was getting impatient. Apparently they were having a freezer problem. I say eat elsewhere if you could...perhaps we just ordered the wrong thing?

Dear grrracie,

Warmest greeting from Rama Restaurants Bali,

Thank you for visiting Al Dente Kuta and taking your time to reviewing us here. We are delighted to know that you were quiet enjoyed with the lasagna and semi-freddo here. However, we would like to apologize if you found our service still below your expectation. I will pass this issue to our related department to investigate and improve. Once again thank you for your feedback, we also hope that we still could serve you better on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Had a pleasant day out today and wanted to end with a nice Italian dinner having read so much good reviews about it.

We were ushered to a table inside and my wife, daughter and son were all seated in a somewhat innocuous table with wooden chairs. Food came promptly but five minutes into my pasta I began to scratch violently especially on my thighs. My daughter also started scratching and when I stood up I saw huge mite bites on my thighs and started to swell up. We had to hurriedly end our meal as I suspect the bugs came from our chairs!

When the adjacent table saw us, I saw a Japanese female patron stood up as well and she too had the bites.

There was another white lady who saw what happened and came over to gave us an account of what happened. She too ate at the same restaurant at the chairs a few days ago and went back with rashes. When she went back she didn't know what it was and when she saw what happened this time she could now relate the bites were indeed from the same set of chairs!

I am glad your manager came over to apologize and provided some spray on my thighs. She even took pictures.

I am afraid because of this I have to give this a low rating. I even had to go Guardian next door to get an anti histamine prescription on my own account and rush back to my hotel.

I hope the owner or management would read this and do something. Not a pleasant meal given the price.

RamaRestoBali, Manager at Al Dente Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Jay L
Thank you for visiting us and taking your time to reviewing us here. We sincerely apologize if you found our restaurant's ambience was so disappointed. I already passed this issue to our related department, we have reviewed it with our team and we assure you that we will improve our services quality. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back again next time.
Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.