“Great place to stay in Kuta/Legian.”
Review of Bali Sorgawi Hotel

Bali Sorgawi Hotel
Ranked #170 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The Bali Sorgawi really is a hidden gem in the Kuta area.

It's not a five star resort, it's not brand new, so if that's what you want from your trip to Bali, it's not the place for you. But if you want somewhere affordable, clean, well airconditioned and very, very Balinese, then you can't go wrong with the Sorgawi.

My wife and I stayed there in Jan 2012 as part of our honeymoon, and we loved it. It's so quiet – you usually find you have the pool to yourself – and the breakfast menu is simple, but very nice.

The location is good too. It's off Jalan Legian enough to be quiet, but close enough to the action to be, well, part of the action.

Couldn't recommend it high enough.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Andrew v

Reviewed 19 December 2011

It's not fair for this nice little hotel if I didn't give them the reviews because this is really nice and friendly place to stay in Legian.
This is my first stayed and I stayed here with my friends, there is 4 of us to have girls holidays.
We stayed in their family rooms with 2 big double bed, a small living room and clean bathroom in the second floor. The AC works very well (which I think the coolest AC I've ever stayed in Bali),the room is clean and the light is very bright. The cleaner came whenever we out for breakfast and put free water bottle in the refrigerator, yes, we do have big refrigerator in the living room for family rooms.

it's very cheap, so don't get your hopes too high for 5 star hotel or some high class resorts.
The breakfast is limited, you can pick from the menu and that was it. I don't have any reason to complain.

there is smallish swimming pool which turns out to be a private pool for everyone who love sun bathing or relaxing around it, because no one using the pool. You can get free pick up from the Airport, its including at their cheapest rates, just ask them.

The staff is friendly and smiley, This is little gem in a busy street.

Room Tip: paid for deluxe room in the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kittycat33
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We were meant to stay at the Bali Sorgawi for 3 nights in december although we escaped after one. Firstly the staff were unfriendly, then we saw our rooms, in which has stained sheets, and the dirtiest bathrooms I have ever seen. The mirror and basin looked as though it hadnt been cleaned in 10 years, and my toilet was leaking. Throughout the night we heard a huge crash and in the morning we awoke to find that parts of the roof and walls of the hotel had fallen down. To top things off they refused to serve me breakfast at 10:50 am although they notified us at reception that it was available till 11.

Dont stay here.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kellymc001
Reviewed 27 October 2011

First day, our flight delayed, but we still waste around 20 mins to wait the driver, but the driver did apology sincerely and he claimed that legian road very jam during weekend.

22 Oct mid night we stayed at Room 103, the room is old but the hot water is good. It is ok for us to stay only one night there.

25 Oct we stayed at Room 1101, the room is new, and there is new refrigerator, new aircon and new television and heater. but the heater not really hot for room 1101.

There are few staffs there, 1st night ,the staff super nice. but the 2nd stay, the staffs there a bit unfriendly. I feel like there is race discrimination. It is very obvious when I order my breakfast, the staff who serve me looked at me with total disdain. Then another two foreigner from western, he smile to them and ask them how is their night and greet them good morning. So Asian doesn't derserve a greet or better service?

Breakfast is simple but ok.

50,000 rupiah if you need the hotel's staff drop you to airport.

From hotel to hardrock hotel area, it is around 15,000 to 20,000 rupiah. Remember to ask the Taxi's driver charge you by meter.

Overall, it is ok to stay.

Room Tip: Remember to request the new renovation room, otherwise, the old room not really value to stay. You c...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank candle_haha
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This hotel was booked for me by my Mum who was worried about my safety staying alone until friends arrived. They picked me up from the airport and also had a reasonably priced transfer service back to the airport when you leave. My room was spacious,clean and had a private bathroom. The breakfast in the morning was also yummy with both western or Asian options to choose from (all included). They staff were friendly and the hotels location was both close to the beach and the main road (for shopping). All up this place was good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo