After staying at the Tambo Del Inka Resort in Peru this past October, we were really looking forward to this "Luxury Collection" property in Bali. While there are many pluses for this property, such as location and a very gracious and helpful staff, it is not up to the "Luxury Collection" standards and expectations.
This is an older property and it is beginning to show it. Our room was “comfortable” and had a large bathroom with a deep tub and shower. The tile grouts had mold, and the light fixture in the tub had dead bugs in it. The wood planking around the pool was coming loose and would rise up when you walked on it, someone is going to get some serious splinters in their feet one of these days, the tiles in the side of the pool were also coming loose. We did enjoy the beach.
We had a couple of drinks (basic tropical fruit drinks), by the pool for $20.00 a pop. This must not be seen as a very good value in that everyone else was just drinking his or her bottled water. I suspect that management could significantly increase revenue if they were to offer a “tropical drink special” at the pool and beachside for a $10.00 price point and perhaps a souvenir glass (plastic) for $15.00.
Not a bad experience, just average and not up to the “Luxury Collection” standards in my humble opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua