Hilton Bali Resort(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$132
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Grand Hyatt Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$165
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$184
  • Beachfront
The St. Regis Bali Resort(Nusa Dua)
US$617
US$551
StRegis.com
Melia Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$287
The Ritz-Carlton Bali(Nusa Dua)
US$544
US$294
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$365/night.

Ayodya Resort Bali(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
US$286
Agoda.com
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort(Nusa Dua)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$240
US$438
US$368
Cancelon
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$421/night.

3,737 results
All reviewsbutler servicearwana restaurantkulkul barcornerstone delikul kul bara lagoon view roomour honeymoonlagoon accessbeach frontaccess roomwelcome drinkreal balisun loungersrestaurants and barsshopping centrebeach barnice beach
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We only stay one night as we were very disappointed with the service at the Laguna. Checked in and asked for a Non Smoking King room fairly standard request. While I was waiting I noticed that the receptionist had photocopied my passport without asking, I then noticed other photocopies of guests passports just sitting in plain view on the reception desk. The agent then placed my copy on the desk in plain view of anyone and proceeded to escort me to our room. I then said hold-on you have just photocopied my passport and left it in plan view of anyone that walks up to the desk, they could take it or copy my details, this is not very good security. He then went back to the desk and stuck it into a draw, no apology. Once into out room I noticed straight away that he had given me a smoking room as there was a strong smell in the room and several ashtrays. So I had to walk all the way back to reception and ask for another room, he just said that was the only king bed room left, there was one "non smoking" room but it only had single beds. I said forget it check me out and I will go to another hotel. He then walked away from me and talked to another staff member and then said they would upgrade us to a laguna access room, no apology again. Off we went to the new room and it was fine, laguna does have some of the best rooms in bali, great lovely sheraton beds, nice big LCD TV (but with a snowy picture), nice bathrooms but with shocking cheap amenities (shampoo and conditioner was terrible).

Room service was fine and reasonably priced. Buffet breakfast was really really nice and staff in restaurant were great. I made a phone-call to someone at a hotel next door and it cost me $5.00, so be warned not to use their phones.

on check-out I asked to use there internet in the lobby and was told that they charged for use of the internet in the lobby or anywhere in the hotel!!! Unlike the Conrad that has free internet in the lobby.

I informed them of my disappointing stay and the staff just looked at me and didn't really say anything, I also requested that they give me back the copy of my passport, they didn't want to give it back at first and they only gave it back when I ask them for a copy of there privacy policy that they couldn't produce to me.

Really really disappointing service at this hotel, for the price you would expect that to start with the staff would automatically upgrade there guests to whatever rooms is available to meet there standard requests of "non smoking or King bed" rooms. This would then not inconvenience their guests by making them walk to the room and check it out before then having to return to reception for another room. I would then expect that the staff make apologies to the guests when they get things wrong, no just say nothing and pay around on the computer. I would also expect that the hotel takes the security of their guests personal information seriously and secure their copied passports and ask before they copied it in the fist place would be nice. These are just basic things that one expects at a 4 star hotel let alone a 5 star. There is no way on earth that this hotel meets up with any european 5 star rating system.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamesVki
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We had an amazing stay at the Laguna. Our room was excellent with butler service as standard so plentiful freshly brewed tea and coffee as often as required served on our balcony! The breakfast was very good with a lovely restaurant and a very wide selection of good quality food, well presented. Afternoon tea was served with traditional style in the restaurant where there would be piano playing or local musicians and local children dancing. Staff were always keen to welcome and chat and catch up on what we had been doing.
The restaurants were good but having been to Nus Dua two years ago when we stayed next door at the Westin (also excellent but there the Club rooms and benefits are the ideal), we knew of the nearby Bali Collection (restaurants and shops) where we had very good meals much more cheaply (especially recommend the Prada Bali). Plus it was nice to be able to walk somewhere nearby in the evening.
The beach at Nusa Dua is lovely especially at the Laguna - the sea water is clear and very warm. The pools at the Laguna are probably the best we have ever experienced - a large area of lagoon style pools creating an impression of space where theres always a quiet area to sit beside.
We can also recomment the local tailor just across the road, on the left hand side when walking from the hotel, just past the 'gates' at the start of the local shops (not the Bali Collection) who made some excellent jackets for us last time.
Nusa Dua is lovely but a little way from most of the attractions but transport is relatively cheap (driver for the day). It is a very secure collection (airport style security) of 5 star hotels linked by a beach front walk making it a lovely area - some feel its too Westernised but we find it is Western standards with the gracious Bali hospitality and style within the hotels. The grounds at the Laguna are beautiful and manicured. They also fog the area so mosquitos are not a problem.
It really is lovely and we would love to return.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank family0ne
thelaguna, David C. - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2009

Greetings from “The Laguna Resort & Spa, Bali”, A Luxury Collection Resort!

Thank you for staying with us and I do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other reviewers on TripAdvisor. It is a tremendous help for us to know how our guests perceive our services and where we have to focus on improvement to remain an exclusive resort.

On the behalf of management and associates, I extend our very best wishes and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bali and the Laguna in the future.

Exceptionally yours

Reviewed 31 July 2009

If you are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday in Bali then this is the place for you. The Laguna Resort and Spa in Nusa Dua offers 5 star luxury with nothing to do except enjoy the pure relaxation and indulgence its amenities have to offer. The staff were absolutely incredible.- always happy, warm and friendly. They take such pride in themselves and their job to look after you with the utmost care. My husband and I will always remember our trip with many fond memories and we will be back without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank judestarPerth

Greetings from “The Laguna Resort & Spa, Bali”, A Luxury Collection Resort!

Thank you for staying with us and I do appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at The Laguna on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to learn that your stay with us was a most enriching and distinctive one.

Exceptionally yours

Reviewed 28 July 2009

Just return from Laguna Bali. According to my driver, this is a good time to travel to Bali due to the low humidity. The service in Laguna was very good. The personal Butler was a nice touch. You can order Tea or Coffee any time of the day and they will have it deliver to your rooms. It's free flow by the way. =)
We stayed in the Lagoon Access room which is both spacious and comfortable. Ours is facing a small garden and therefore had no problem with privacy issue. The pool is in front of the room and we, especially my daughter loves it. The pool is big enough to do a lap and sufficiently clean(there are occasional leaves from the trees nearby). I saw a staff cleaning the pool in the morning and evening. The breakfast spread was heavenly and they even have a complimentary afternoon tea.
The hotel is near a shopping centre and stalls selling souvenirs. However I would recommend taking a taxi to Kuta. It's only around IDR70000 and the food/ shopping is cheaper there.
And now for some minor issues. A handheld bidet near the WC would be extremely helpful for a muslim traveller like me who does not use the toilet paper. Even lower star hotel in Kuta have water bidet. During the afternoon tea, we nearly ate a non halal dish. We were misinformed by the waiter about the dish containing wine. My suggestion is to label all the food whether it is halal or not.
As a whole, my stay in laguna had been a very good one. I really appreciate the fact that the staff did not treat us Asians differently from Caucasians. I would definitely return to Laguna when we travel to Bali again. =)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank xfracas

Greetings from “The Laguna Resort & Spa, Bali”, A Luxury Collection Resort!

Thank you for staying with us and I do appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your feedback about a handheld bidet and labelling all the food. It is a tremendous help for us to know how our guests perceive our services and where we have to focus on improvement to remain an exclusive resort.

Blissful wishes from Bali

Reviewed 27 July 2009

Although we had the most amazing time at Laguna with the best service we have ever experienced at any hotel. It lacks any communal area for people to relax and meet other holiday makers especially at night. Nusa Dua is very much a resort nearly entirely designed around luxury hotels, and therefore is in itself quite insular. Don't mistake our observations as negative, think of them as contructive criticism. We still had a wonderful holiday, but at times it would have been better to have had more entainment available. The other point that we suggest is a swim up bar, this definately encourages interaction between those guests that enjoy socialising and meeting new people.

We were also very disappointed in the restaurants at The Laguna, the Seafood restaurant offered a seafood buffet which was particularly bad and we did actually complain that the food was cold (should have been hot) and a bit dryed up, we were consequently not charged. They also have two other restaurants both of which we tried, the Indonesian was good, Mediterranean cafe style one was very average.

However, it is still a beautiful hotel with amazing staff who can not do enough for you. We also made the effort and sort out other restaurants in Nusa Dua of which there are plenty. Finally, we would go back to The Laguna as looking at the other hotels on the same beach front it outshines them all.

However, overall we would definately go back to

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandygPerthWA

Dear our Valued Global Reviewer

Greetings from “The Laguna Resort & Spa, Bali”, A Luxury Collection Resort!

Thank you for staying with us and I do appreciate you taking the time to write on TripAdvisor and share your recent experience at The Laguna.

We have well noted your constructive feedback regarding more entertainment at the Resort and a swim up bar for socializing as well as your less than perfect experience regarding our seafood buffet. I have brought these up with my team for our improvement.

Warmest regards from sunny Bali