9 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$229
TripadvisorUS$228
TravelocityUS$228
4,476 results
All reviews arwana restaurant kulkul bar butler service cornerstone deli lagoon access room beach front restaurants and bars welcome drink beach bar lagoon pool beautiful beach st regis main pool resort bali sunbeds westin
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2022 via mobile

Today is our last day and the resort has been overun by some kids club. Around 50 kids running around, shouting, screaming in all the pools. I have complained but the staff do nothing.

This is our 7th time at laguna and we will not be coming back after this. We have paid a lot of money to be here so this is really disappointing.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lucia Liu, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2022

Dear AW,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua Bali!

Firstly, thank you for ongoing being our loyal customer and choosen to staying at The Laguna on recent Bali vacation.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during previous your visit, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal on the last day of your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the noise disturbance happened on that day and really I was most concerned to read about your comments and do hope this experience will not deter you to return to your Laguna home.

As we commit to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we certainly hope you still to consider to return to The Laguna Resort & Spa. Please drop me notes if possible next holiday bring you back, I will ensure your next stay with us will be the most memorable and enriching stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2022 via mobile

Hi everyone ! The hotel has excellent service.
The food is Fantastic. It’s really close to the beach. The swimming pools are very nice.
The service is Great! We really enjoyed the stay ! You should try the activities they are nice and I had a lot of fun especially the balinese dress up ! Thank you

Trip type: Travelled with family
Lucia Liu, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2022

Dear araratuio,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua Bali!

It is a great pleasure to learn that your stay at The Laguna recently was an enjoyable one; where you love the food, resort beach location, pristine pool and attentive service.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2022

This is my 4th or 5th visit to Laguna within the last 5 years and so needless to say my family and I love this resort. However this time experience was disappointing. Firstly I am fully aware that as Bali is returning from Covid there are issues plaguing staffing, supply chain, training , (in some cases) renovation etc. I spent the first half of this trip in Ayana Jimbaran and also visited other hotels such as Four Seasons and St Regis - All hotels are facing this to larger or smaller extent . But I feel Laguna has deteriorated significantly. Two main highlights to call out
1. The room renovation - while swanky (high quality bathroom fixtures etc) - has completely robbed the room of any Balinese spirit. I could have been sitting in a mid tier business hotel anywhere in Singapore , Shanghai, Bangkok or KL. It’s completely devoid of any personality and some art motifs connecting to Bali culture was too subtle for any avg guest to discern. And even if I concede that decor is ultimately a personal taste - on top of that the maintainence is poor. Cobwebs in ceiling (see photo) , new light switches not working and make up my room consists of folding the the corner of the bed into a fancy triangle while scrawled up tissue is still on the floor and a used knife is not cleared from the table .
2. Service standard is down badly. It was probably not even at 50% occupancy and yet the staff shortage is acutely felt and those there are woefully untrained or simply didn’t care. Struggled with food orders in Arwana constantly . Miscommunication within themselves. Simple efficiencies gone .
As I mentioned this was one of our favourite hotels in Bali and it pains me to write this review. I hope the situation is transient and once the hotel is fully renovated - the management invest whatever necessary to reverse course on this decline and make this a delightful experience for its guests again.

Date of stay: August 2022
Lucia Liu, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2022

Dear Dghero,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali!

Firstly, on behalf of The Laguna Resort & Spa team we would like to thank you for being our loyal customer and at the same time allow us to express our sincerest regret and apologize for the inconvenience you encountered on recent visit. Thank you as well for giving us the chance to improve our services through your valuable feedback.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience on several visit in the past, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal. Please accept our sincere apology and I was most concerned to read about your comments in regards to the inconvenience of the quality service at the restaurant and the room condition/design.

As soon as we received this feedback, I have shared your feedback to our team and we understand that this did not represent at all our brand values as we at The Laguna understand the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations and to always raise the bar in providing guest’s experience.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we certainly hope you to consider to return to The Laguna Resort & Spa. Please drop me notes directly if possible next holiday bring you back, I will ensure your next stay with us will be the most memorable and enriching stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2022

We spent only one night at the Laguna, it is for me the most beautiful of the long line of hotels along Nusa Dua Beach in terms of facilities and quality.

A large part of the rooms have been modernized to a high quality. One of the things that pleased me the most was that finally a hotel has recognized and created the need for Bluetooth connectivity from mobile devices to the TV.

There is Airplay and Chromecast and it works fine. Unfortunately, this is not currently available in most Marriott hotels in Thailand and Malaysia.

At the Banyubiru, there is the breakfast buffet. The offer is huge and of high quality. (Here, among other things, the DimSum do not stick together and the dough is not already hard).

The buffet is in the air-conditioned area of the building, which is flooded with light through large glass surfaces, where there are also enough seats. Otherwise, you can also sit outside.
The aisles between the buffets are also very wide, making it even more pleasant to choose from the buffets.

The Laguna seems to have the best ice cream selection of all the hotels in this area. Visit the Cornerstone, because guests from neighboring hotels also come (us too!)

The hotel team is extremely motivated and friendly. Thank you for the upgrade to Suite 365 - and thank you Dian for taking so much time for our conversation and also showing us the new rooms.
Finally I also noticed that the GM Lucia Liu does a great job in the hotel and also responds very quickly to all comments on the Internet. The colleagues in the neighborhood are a bit lazy...and reply only to the bad reviews (you can answer in Medallia also to the positive reviews what Lucia is doing) I wish continued good occupancy!

Room tip: Suite 365 or Room with pool access
Date of stay: August 2022
Lucia Liu, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2022

Dear Travellixx,

Warmest greeting from The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua Bali!

Thank you for having choose to experience The Laguna even only for one night and so glad that your stay with us was an enriching one. Thank you also for highlight on the room, restaurant with wide food selection, the delly, entertainment and most of all is the service of our team.

On behalf of the Laguna team, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next travelling to Nusa Dua.

Reviewed 9 August 2022 via mobile

Amazing experience!

Hospitality in this hotel is 10/10, can't get any better. Good food and desserts. Live music and happy hour at the bar everyday. Awesome massage too. Their pool access rooms are totally worth it. We can't wait to go back!

Definitely part or the Marriott Bonvoy chain, you get more than expected.

The hotel also provided me with a contact for a travel agent as a sponsor for my visa, who has been great.

Can't recommend enough this hotel.

Room tip: You can ask the hotel for transportation from the airport at a quote.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lucia Liu, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Dear Aby01,

Warmest greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua Bali!

First of all for having chosen our resort as preference stay during recent Bali vacation and for sharing you wonderful comment on TripAdvisor.
We are thrilled to learn you have had an enjoyable stay, love the hospitality, the cuisine, ambiance at the bar and that we contributed in some small way to make your stay at The Laguna Resort & Spa a pleasant and memorable one.
Your excellent feedback has been shared to the entire team as I believe that they will feel very cherished and inspiring.

Once again, thank you for staying at the Laguna, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Nusa Dua.