Puri Santrian
US$203
US$183
Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$106
Agoda.com
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$116
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Prime Plaza Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$77
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Atta kaMAYA Resort and Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$78
Mercure Resort Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$84
Prama Sanur Beach Bali(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$88
Kejora Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$89
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

The Samata(Sanur)
US$525
US$130
US$1,182
US$309
2,485 results
All reviewsclub roommezzanine restaurantpremier deluxe roomthe beach club restaurantbeach frontbalinese nightnew wingan upgradeour honeymoonfour poster bedmain poolswim up barclean beachprivate beacha ground floor roombeautiful resorthotel grounds
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed in the puri for 14 nights ,fantastic greeting. Upgraded to a club room. ( thank you ) the room was fantastic ,clean towels daily ,replenished soap shampoo ect daily, fresh flowers every other day nice touch ,rooms sprayed, immaculately clean and spacious ,staff was friendly and always greeting you with a smile and nice conversation. Nothing was a problem.
The grounds was just amazing ,loved the balineseness style . Plenty shade if needed .beached clean twice daily beach bed plentiful. The staff work hard all day from sweeping the leaves up to the cleaning staff. And reception excellent
We could not fault this hotel or staff.we looked around a few other hotels whilst in Bali. And would recommend this hotel. For young and old .best hotel in sanur keep up the good work you have a fantastic hotel.
Would recommend to all ages. Late bars just out side main gate if you want them.
We wil defornatley return.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed in the club section for 10 days - outstanding value for a large, peaceful room on the top floor. The only noise was the bubbling of the gorgeous pool below my huge balcony. This hotel is built in the old style of Bali and has magnificent mature gardens with lots of beautifully lit statues throughout. The staff were excellent and food was delicious although outside of breakfast I ate a lot at the beach warungs just along the beach pathway and places in the street. In my opinion Sanur is definitely the best beach place in Bali now as it is the only beach with some tradition left.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Club section.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bkkjen
Reviewed 3 June 2012

stayed 5 enjoyable and relaxing nights in club room by pool we did not have breakfast included in our deal however we chose to eat most mornings at hotel buffet rather than go out
staff/ room and grounds excellent current promotion two person pay one deal at spa (at certain time) great value
given complimentary afternoon tea with a hotel presentation talk on hotel chain facilities very informative
enjoyed beach front restaurant great spot for quiet drink and meal would definately return and recommend

Room Tip: originally booked garden wing as it had no balcony we requested to be changed and were moved to room with balcony club area by pool much improved and suited our needs
Reviewed 3 June 2012

It's nice enough but not a luxury hotel as it's trying to promote itself. After a VERY LONG  and unnecessarily complicated check in, we got to walk around and see the place. The hotel grounds are fairly nice, the garden, the pool areas, the beach cafe... In fact, the pools are very creative with a nice balance of swimming and splashing areas. However, the pavilions with the rooms are very uninspired, starting with institutional tiles and bare white walls. Our room was large enough but it had a strange layout and it was missing little touches like area mats on the side of the bed. With bare floors, it seemed pretty utilitarian. The air condition was just a wall unit that blew the air into the room leaving the bathroom and the hallway that housed the closets, sink and vanity area, quite hot at all times.

The hotel is relatively clean and our room was tidied up promptly every day, but the bare essential amenities such as soap and shampoo were only supplied at the very beginning of our stay and on the fourth day of our five-day stay. Note: if your hair is chemically processed (color, highlights, perm), you will need to bring a conditioner. The "conditioned shampoo" that the hotel provided only worked as a shampoo. The hair dryer is a joke - I laughed when I tried it and went around with wet hair the whole time.

We got upgraded to the Club Level on our arrival. What that got us was the access to the Club pool (no kids under the age of 14 and the pool area is tucked away from the wind which was nice). I imagine we got a better room than the base, but I'm not sure about that.

The staff is very nice but gets easily confused with anything other than a very straight forward question. I asked a pool attendant where the nearest toilet was and he replied that there wasn't one and that I would have to go back to my room to use it. A guest overheard this exchange and told me "no, it's just around the corner" and pointed me to it. Sure enough, there it was about 30 feet away. We had other bizarre interactions like this. Also, the front desk staff and attendands walking around the property tried to engage us in strange conversations that felt more like interrogations than polite small talk. We chucked it to a cultural difference, but curiously did not experience it anywhere else in Bali.

The location of the hotel is pretty good and although the beach is a lot smaller than the one in Seminyak or Jimbaran, we liked it because it had plenty of shade, lots of beach loungers and there was a very short distance between the pool/restaurant area and the ocean, so you could alternate the swim in the ocean with the swim in the pool while staying in the same lounge chair and ordering food/drinks from the same place. We would also leave all our stuff on the lounger and go sit at the outside beach cafe or go for a walk on either side of the boardwalk. It felt pretty safe to do it and we did not experience any issues. The only small issue was having to sign for the beach towels, having to return them, getting a hassle from the pool attendant if you needed an extra one or fresh towels. I understand that they probably have problems with people who are not guests of the hotel, but there is a lot more elegant way to resolve this than treating the guests like they are all potential thieves making their mission to leave Bali with as many old towels as possible.

Bottom line, we had a fairly good time and got a good value for the rates (I booked a few months ahead through hotels.com and got a great deal) but I would not stay in this hotel again.

Sent from my iPad

Room Tip: I would stay away from the rooms on the ground level. There is a lot of foot traffic and everyone can see you as they go by. You would have to have your drapes on the whole time if you wanted privacy. The top (third floor) is a bit of a hike but in my opinion it provides the most privacy and less noise.
6  Thank ann7544
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed here for 9 nights. Had suite 301 which was fantastic and right on corner looking out onto both the beach and the pool from 2 balconies. Room was a great size and all service from each and every staff member was what you would expect for a 4 star hotel. All in all a great stay.

A VERY BIG WORD OF WARNING.
If you choose to change your money outside of the hotel, I suggest that you do not use the exchange next to the Tropical Bar (opposite hotel entrance). On my first visit to them a young lady tried twice to short change me by using various distraction techniques and making out calculator was faulty. On my second and final visit a young man also tried 4 times in the space of 5 mins to short change me by miscounting, again putting wrong figures in calculator and also saying I gave him less than I did. I can forgive a first error but not bare faced deception several times and not to careless about it really does grate me. They dont deserve business and need to recognise this and change before it damages tourism.

Room Tip: Beach wing is lighter than garden wing. We upgraded from beach deluxe to a suite. Suites are more what you would expect for 4 star.
3  Thank monkey066