All reviews village bungalow outdoor shower mick jagger private garden individual bungalows boutique hotel huge bath balinese style our honeymoon a la carte breakfast two storey sitting area bali trip beach side beautiful pool fruit platter small hotel
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I first came 40 yrs ago and stayed several days. I found it gorgous & welcoming, with the stunning classic Balinese architecture I'd hoped to find, located right on the beach. I returned last month with several friends who had never been to Indonesia, and were relying on me to bring them to the best places--- the Tandjung Sari certainly filled that request, 40 yrs. later. The staff is superb, always available, very helpful and courteous. Dining on the sand was a real treat for me and my friends, and the food and drinks were exceptional; the menu was varied and offered some western dishes but local dishes were the majority. The individual casita-like accommodations dotted throughout the property were very comfortable and we all agreed having an outdoor shower was quite special. The hotel is located right in the middle of busy Sanur, but we felt like we were in a gorgeous beach front property far removed from the crowded town. We all look forward to returning soon.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I loved our village bungalow at Tandjung Sari. It was very roomy and comfortable. However, not having an in room safe was very odd and an easy fix. The gym on site is new and very comfortable and has plenty of options. The pool was fine though I did wish for more space to lounge back.

The cons- the breakfast was a disappointment and I noticed a serious issue in how we were treated. Sanur is filled with white tourists from the world and us as Indians by descent but Americans were not treated as adequately or in a friendly way as I saw others being treated. On our last morning, today, it took an hour to get us served yogurt and granola and everything else we ordered never came and we had to check out to make our flight.

Additionally, there are many stray dogs coming over and I try to avoid dogs, however this was unfortunately not easy here. I know it's not the hotel's fault as stray dogs are everywhere, but just a wish of mine.

They also up charge you on a taxi, so see that as well. I guess normal up charges for any hotel in Indonesia but more than the other 7 we stayed at during our stay.

Tip: rent a bike from the resort they are good bikes at 50,000 rupiah a day.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NamrataA_12
AviadiPurnomo, Guest Relations Manager at Tandjung Sari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Hello Namrata, thank you for staying with us at Tandjung Sari. We're sorry to hear there was a delay with your breakfast & obviously some confusion with the order on the last day, we'll investigate that with our staff straight away. Our staff treat all of our guests with respect, but we're particularly surprised to hear this as the Balinese have a special affinity with India & Indians, having a shared culture. If you would like to elaborate further on this please do send us an email info@tandjungsarihotel.com & we will follow-up.

For better or worse, dogs are part of life in Bali - we can't do much about them, but we are thankful the ones that do visit our beach are the friendlier ones. One has become a long-time favourite with our return guests, but it is true dogs aren't for everyone.

Our fares to the airport are competitive with other hotels in the area & local metered taxis, but this will always depend on the time of day you're travelling as to what the final fare will be. During the days can be higher as there is more traffic & thus longer travel times.

Again, thank you for staying with us & for your feedback. We hope the rest of your stay was pleasant & you had a safe onwards journey.
Tandjung Sari

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Second time staying in July this year. We just love this place. amazing pool amazing beach amazing room amazing view amazing real bungalows and amazing food this is a place to relax and is nice and quiet

Room tip: two storey bungalow or village bungalow
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gap124
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Though we only had one night to stay at Tandjung Sari, it was one of the best parts of our week in Indonesia. We had a whirlwind trip through parts of Java and Bali and decided to spend the last 24 hours relaxing on a great beach. We chose the beach bungalow and we were thrilled with our selection. It is a very private Balinese style bungalow. Loved the outdoor shower. The grounds, pool and beach are a lovely paradise. Can't say enough about the very attentive staff. The food was also very good! We just loved the Tandjung Sari and were sorry we only had 24 hours there. If we are fortunate enough to travel back to Bali, we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Teddi B
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

my family and I loved every minute we spent there it was absolutely beautiful and amazing and LOVED IT! the service was amazing, there was always someone standing to come help out. the pool and pool seating was great. food was awesomely good and they have so many great choices. we are every meal there for 3 days and we never got bored and we were always very full. the room we stayed in was a little bungalow and it was so nice having our own little house. the bathroom was beautiful and very spacious with a wonderful bathtub. the beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning was always on and at a perfect temperature. my brother and I had our own sleeping room and large bathroom that was connected to our parents room through a door. both of our rooms in our bungalow had there own terrace with a large comfortable couch and a nice table. each porch comes with their own garden which was filled with beautiful flowers, statues, palm trees, and lots of other beautiful greenery that made it so you felt like you had lots of privacy which was great. they added a very nice sleeping shirt and serong in our closet that you could purchase at the end of the trip if you loved them enough. my brother and I had lots of fun wearing our serongs to the beach and around our room. WE LOVED IT and I now want to have my future honey moon there SOOO that's how good it was

Trip type: Travelled with family