“Best in Sanur” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
London, United Kingdom
“Best in Sanur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have wanted to go to The Gangsa for a long time and was so glad to stay there for 3 nights at last in June! My friend and I had a fantastic time and wished we could have stayed there longer. It was really hard to leave and it was that good.

From our arrival to the check out time, We felt that we were sincerely looked after and it was always a delight to be greeted by the friendly faces of the staff every time we met them. We had a rather busy schedule while we were at The Gangsa (we now truly regret that we didn't spend more time in our villa...) but everything was perfectly taken care of even when we weren't at the hotel. The High Tea service (complimentary and daily 14:30 – 17:30), for example, was left in the fridge so we could have it when we returned to our villa at night. Both my friend and I had our birthdays just before we arrived in Bali and The Gangsa provided us a surprise cake and a birthday song by the staff. We wanted extra mosquito coils placed in the villa and within 5 mins of my call to the reception, someone came and set them up swiftly with a smile. Even the general manager personally visited us one morning and arranged all shuttle service and restaurant bookings for us! All small things perhaps but every little thing has made our stay stress free and memorable.

The villas (total of 11) at The Gangsa were as equally superb as the people working there. Since The Gangsa is not a brand new property, it may not be equipped with those modern gadgets such as rain shower or Nespresso machine, but that didn't bother me at all and I was so happy to be surrounded by the beautiful matured garden and swimming in the large blue private pool. The outdoor living room was decorated stylishly in a traditional Balinese style and I really enjoyed chatting on the comfortable sofa there with my friend until late every night.

And the food, I strongly recommend to try the Balinese Rijsttafel course meal at the hotel's Gong Restaurant. It was absolutely delicious and plenty! The chef is obviously a really talented person.

The Gangsa is run by Kayumanis Group and I am utterly in love with the standard of the service the company offers across all the properties (Kayumanis Ubud, Kayumanis Jimbaran and Kayumanis Nusa Dua). It is very personal, friendly and most importantly, always professional. The staff know how to offer their guests something really special and unique. There have been many new hotels and villas opened in Bali since I started going there but I can confidently say that Kayumanis still offers one of the best hotel experiences on the island. And that's why I keep returning to Bali just to experience the Kayumanis magic again and again.

Terima kasih banyak The Gangsa for everything. And I hope to be there again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed at Villa Kendang this time because we wanted to have twin beds in the bedroom. It was spac...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
agtd, General Manager at The Gangsa Private Villa by Kayumanis, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Ibu,

Om Swastyastu....

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us at TripAdvisor. It is glad to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities. I also happy to know that you would like to come back again.

We cannot wait to welcoming you back to the gangsa private villa

the gangsa private villa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bribie, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we arrived Bali, our driver was waiting for us at the Airport. This was the start of fantastic journey. Our driver dressed in traditional Balinese dress set the scene for a engaging holiday in Bali. we set up with cool drinks, chilled hand towels to refresh and cool down after the initial slap in the face with the winter heat and humidity.

30 odd minutes drive and we arrived at our oasis in Bali located minutes away from the beaches and shopping of Sanur. On arrival at the Gangsa we received a bouquet each and sat in the open air reception of this tranquil garden setting. Staff at the Gangsa without exception are engaging, friendly, courteous and focused on making your stay comfortable and memorable.

Our first glimpse of our Vila and I was gob smacked. This place was so amazing. Embracing the Balinese living style and traditions were captured in the design and layout of the villa's, the living areas were designed around your private pool, (it got used at all times of the day and was a welcome distraction from the heat and humidity).

The outdoor living area was sensational and although out doors, we were never troubled with insects or Mozzies. (the villa's do undertake a weekly fogging and each evening staff light mozzie coils in strategic locations)

Our package included breakfast and high tea each day. Breakfast for us normally took place at about 9am served to our villa's outdoor dining area as was our delectable afternoon High teas. Breakfast we had options of traditional Balinese selections, traditional continentals, or some slants on big breakfasts and American style menus. The Bali coffee each morning was a welcome sight .

Our bedroom was large and comfortable. Our bed was a little firmer than we are used to, however we always had a good nights sleep.

The only picky point I could make would be, the CRT TV in the bed room were getting a little dated.

The on suite was very interesting as it was indoors but also outdoor with a open covered roof over our outdoor bath with no doors on toilet and shower in the open bathroom on suite. (don't get me wrong, I loved it, it was open, but private, just different).

We used the open living area quite a lot both during the day and of an evening, taking the opportunities to dip into the pool as opportunity presented.

Would I stay at The Gangsa again? hell yeah. Would I recommend it to others? only if I truly liked them.

Our last day was a very sad day having to leave.

Room Tip: our Villa backed onto a temple and we were treated to quite a bit of kid's singing and a few cel...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike H
agtd, General Manager at The Gangsa Private Villa by Kayumanis, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Bapak & Ibu Mike,

Om Swastyastu....

Thank you for your review at TripAdvisor. It is glad to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities. I also happy to know that you will come back again on your next holiday.

I will share with my team and I believe they will feel very motivated to keep the high standard of our service and facilities.

Bapak & Ibu Mike, thank you and we look forward to welcome you back.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at The Gangsa for 8 nights in June 2013 ... our 1 bedroom villa 'Jublag' was a little piece of paradise. Absolute privacy in villa, gorgeous gardens with little squirrel (Tupai) playing in the trees overhead. The daily breakfasts and afternoon high teas (included in rate) were delicious with beautiful presentation. The Gangsa's cookies replenished in your villa and in the cars are sooo yummy! Mini bar restocked daily with bottled water, juice and soft drink. We made good use of the lovely private pool too.

Definitely worth booking the Gangsa's pick up service from airport, friendly driver, lovely cold washcloths, cold drinks, bottled water and those awesome cookies!

All staff genuinely friendly and happy to do whatever they can to make your stay a memorable one. The lovely Agustini gave me suggestions for shoe shopping in Kuta ... loved Matahari! Villas are very spacious, clean, luxurious, cleaned daily, as is the pool, once you leave for a walk or trip into Sanur. We loved the outdoor living area, spent a lot of time out there but were also very happy the bedroom had good airconditioning. Loved the bathroom too! My only complaint, the pillows weren't great so not the best night sleep but I'm a bit of a fusspot when it comes to pillows and my fiancee didn't have any problems :)

We didn't use the kitchen for cooking, there are just too many wonderful restaurants and warungs to try but we did buy alcohol from Hardy's (so cheap) and stock the big outside fridge.

The Gangsa is a little drive from downtown Sanur but drivers are available to take you whenever you want. The complimentary car service to Kuta is also available 3 times/day, we used that once for our Kuta shopping day. Very friendly drivers, happy to chat and swap information about Indonesian/Balinese and Australian life. We took some back street short cuts and walked home from Sanur a few times and also to the beach at the southern end of Sanur. A 15-20 minute walk in the humidity but we really enjoyed exploring on our own. At the Southern end of Sanur we found Linga Longa and had suckling pig, crackling was to die for (I think it's only available on a Sunday night) cost approx $6 Aus per person.

We had a couples massage package at the villa - 2 hours of heavenly goodness!! Definitely worth it. We also had $10/hr massages on the beach and at Carla Spa. See Jero at shop 5 in the parking area close to The Gangsa's private beach section. She's lovely and does a wonderful massage.

The Gangsa are quite vigilant with mosquito control and we had no problems whatsoever but we did have 10 days on vitamin B1 before we left for Bali and we continued it for the time in Bali. Didn't even need to apply insect repellent even though mosquitos were thick at times. I'm usually very bothered by mosquitoes and midges so this old camping tip worked a treat!

Definitely worth trying out a few of the local warung for meals, unbelievably cheap and delicious local food. I've reviewed a few separately but Mila's warung is close to The Gangsa, just a few minutes walk. We got all our money changed at the money changer just outside Hardy's - no problems at all. Hardy's is terrific for clothes and groceries if you don't feel like bargaining in the local shops or markets. We did both. The staff in the DVD shop inside Hardy's were great and upfront with which were quality DVD's and which ones not so much. We watched a few at our villa and on the plane trip home.

A beautiful stay, wholeheartedly recommend The Gangsa, we can't wait to return again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teddyree
agtd, General Manager at The Gangsa Private Villa by Kayumanis, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Ibu Teddyree,

Om Swastyastu....

Thank you very much for your very nice review. We really appreciated your time and effort to share your experiences on your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to the gangsa

Best regard,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Gangsa for 10 days in July 2013, the experience was nothing short of fabulous.
Augustini and her wonderful staff realy take pride in what they do and are genuinley friendly and helpful
Congratulations to all of you we will deffinitly be back , many thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank fruge
agtd, General Manager at The Gangsa Private Villa by Kayumanis, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Bapak & Ibu Fruge,

Om Swastyastu....

Thank you very much for the time to write the review and it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay at the gangsa.
It is always our aim to achieve the highest standard of service and product, so I was delighted to read comments such as yours
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at the gangsa and we look forward to welcoming you back

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We have a good time in The Gangsa!

The villa is nice, the staff is friendly (always with smile), the breakfast is delicious! especially the breakfast on beach, we love so much!

Thanks very much for all of the staff treat us so good and make The Gangsa just like our home!

Special thanks for Rika, reply my email so many time and fulfill my special request!

However, the bed linen was a bit dirty, and some equipment (like lamp) were quite old, hope Gangsa will improve it. Even though, I will come again to The Gangsa.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
agtd, General Manager at The Gangsa Private Villa by Kayumanis, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Bapak Phoix,

Om Swastyastu....

We truly appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve. We do take your comments seriously and I have personally addressed these issues with my team members for immediate improvement.

We hope you will return soon and look forward to welcoming you back to the gangsa private villa