Pondok Ayu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestsmanager gedebreakfast tablehome away from homelike coming homefree transportrooms are largesmall hotelhidden awaybusy roadboutique hotelsecond homespent a weekten minute walkthoroughly enjoyed our stayrelaxing holidaypeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We chose to stay at Pondok Ayu after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor. Needless to say we weren't disappointed! It is only a small hotel, however that means the staff have more time to dedicate to looking after the guests.

The rooms themselves are exceptionally clean and well serviced and equipped with everything you could require. The pool area was a private little oasis in the Sanur suburbs, much better than trying to swim in the surf.

Breakfast each day was delicious, and actually filled me up! Great selection, and enjoyed the company and conversation of the other morning guests

It is a little away from the beach/main shopping stretch, however we loved that. By arrangement with Gede or staff you could get a lift, but we enjoyed the walk. We did however line up some trips for dinner and eventually to the airport. It was the final stop on our holiday, and we couldn't have wished for any more.

We can honestly say that we will be back :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KecilScott
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here again in November 2011. Its awesome, staff are beautiful and the rooms are lovely! 20min walk to the beach or 2 to 3 bux in a taxi! Made and Gede are the lovely couple who run this place for a Aussie couple, both are wonderful. I love that it is oin the burbs and so peaceful. Corner shop 1 min walk and taxis are so cheap its crazy. Gede or a driver will take you anywhere in Sanur if they are free and if you like they will take you for day trips or to say Jimbaren Bay (seafood on the beach huts) and wait for you and take you home for a great price. Cant talk this place up enough am going back this year if I can get in lol!

Ps breakie is included and u can eat at their place Bennos on the beach or at your hotel.

Room Tip: Either upstairs or in the owners room, it costs a bit more, bout 20 bux a night more i think, but has a lounge room and sunken spa, good for family or romance!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rachaeldoesbette
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Very stylish hotel. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. All the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating of my needs.

Mede and Gede went out of their way to help me, including cooking breakfast and dinners, arranging things to do, and pick up and drop off from airport.

The hotel is in the heart of Sanur. Walk to shops, restaurants and the beach. And of course, breakfast or dinner on the beach at Benno's.

I highly recommend Pondok Ayu as a great place to relax and enjoy your Bali holiday.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank jkr555
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I was impressed with Pondok Ayu when I read about it on TripAdisor biut not half as impressed as I was when I stayed for 5 nights. It may be small, 5 rooms only, but the rooms are great and are always clean and well equipped and the suite is to die for - fabulous! The staff were ever so friendly and attentive and couldn't have been more helpful. The drive in at night is a bit different but don't be put off - the hotel is in a really friendly village type environment and it really is only 10-15 minutes walk to the beach and great cafes and restaurants. They are more than happy to drive you to restaurants or the beach and pick you up afterwards but I find I just didn't need to. Relaxing - was it ever - I came home revitalised and I will definitely be going back and it will be sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: don't worry about it they are all good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Warren H
Reviewed 16 March 2012

we stayed here 4 nights and the staff were very friendly and helpful; we appreciated the free shuttle to the beach and into town; they even picked you up at the restaurant in the evening

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1 and we loved it
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple