My parents and I stayed in the 2 bedroom Villa Maia at Villa Agung Khalid and were blown away. From the start communication with Darren was easy and made check in smooth. We had our own driver, but they are able to arrange pick up as well. It's a little hard to find so they gave us the phone number and offered to have their driver come lead us in if needed. We didn't and found it even though we weren't sure we were headed the right direction headed way way back down the rural rice patty roads! But gps was dead on and got us there no problem. Once we were there we couldn't believe how wonderful the Villa is. It is just like the photos and is stunning and huge. There are two large bedrooms each with its own bathroom, a large living area, a good sized kitchen, and a private pool. You could easily make use of the daybed in the living room to sleep 5 people.
The on site restaurant is just around the other side of the property, but they'll bring it to your Villa if you like. They provide a cell phone you can use to call the desk. We planned to eat in the restaurant one night but changed our minds because it was raining and they accommodated us no problem. We enjoyed all our lunches in our Villa overlooking the pool. The doors of the Villa open wide so you feel outside. The food is among the best we ate in Bali.
The staff is wonderful and friendly. Agung took us for a walk through the rice parties which we really enjoyed. And the rest of the staff is there to cater to your every need. A special shout out to Kadek who is the sweetest girl and enjoys chatting to practice her English. But every staff member is great, really.
We also enjoyed massages on the little outdoor beds near the restaurant. I was a bit apprehensive when I saw how out in the open it was but they do pull the shades down so no one can see you!
The location is remote but that's just what we wanted. Ubud is very very touristy and very very crowded. A city center stay wasn't what we were looking for. Plus they will provide free transport to town and you can call for a free pick up with the provided cell phone. We planned on that but just couldn't bear to leave the Villa! After a busy week in Java and Kalimantan exploring, it was just what we needed. We will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Agung Khalia consists of a new 3-bedroom and 6-bedroom villa, each with private pool and panoramic rice field views located 4km (10 minutes) northeast of central Ubud. The villas blend elements of traditional Balinese style and tropical outdoor living. An engineered vent design creates a natural cool environment day and night, with air-con as a back-up for those that prefer. Experience traditional Balinese culture from the comfort of your luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa Agung Khalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Agung Khalia Hotel Ubud
- Villa Agung Khalia Ubud, Bali