US$88
US$71
US$289
US$231
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$281/night.

US$226
US$545
US$633
US$522
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$633/night.

US$778
US$810
US$711
Cancelon
All reviewsyoga barnriceceiling fanhanoman streetlocation is excellentpeaceful stayclean roomsgreat poolper daynight staystayed here for nightskafefieldtowelsbalconyaccommodationspaddies
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I booked this hotel a week or less before I arrived in Ubud. The room was spectacular (the superior deluxe, I believe) and the whole hotel was beautiful. It was quiet and peaceful. This felt like a genuine Bali experience type of place. The hotel is run by a family. The boys are so young, but I found them to be helpful and attentive to my needs. The breakfast is good and filling. They deliver tea to your patio or balcony every morning and put offerings to the gods out in front of your room as well. This might be a common practice throughout Bali, but I love they way they do it at this accommodation.

I am the type of traveler who likes to talk with the locals rather than ignore them, so I was also respectful of their space as they live on the premises. I met some travelers who come to stay here every year. I would love to return to Kunang-kunang Guesthouse. In fact, I booked 5 nights here and then went to another hotel down the street that had better reviews only to be horrified by that hotel. Kunang-kunang was able to take me back in for the remainder of my stay in Ubud and made the transition back to this hotel easy. I stayed in a simpler room but it was more than adequate and beautiful.

Room Tip: Upstairs without A/C is doable. The room over the reception desk is exquisite. I liked the rooms upstairs. All rooms anywhere in Ubud come with chirping lizards/geckos so don't let them bother you. They're good luck!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The guesthouse is located in a good central location. It was just a walking distance to places were visitors wish to go. Staying in the guesthouse is worth the value of money. The staff were so friendly and helpful in providing assistance if asked. We were served with a pot of tea every morning and a simple breakfast served at the balcony while having a good view of the paddy field. It was such a peaceful stay.

Room Tip: Just ask the reception or the person on duty and they would gladly assist you with your preference.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

After reading many reviews on various accommodations in Bali, it astounds me that people are so 'precious' as to whine about 'had to ask for toilet paper', 'staff were not doing enough for me', 'bathroom was not spotless', etc etc. if you want 3/4/5 star service then pay for it! The Balinese are so very peaceful and calm, forgiving of our 'western' ways. If you want a small guest house where you will find a fresh pot of tea on your balcony each morning (and yes, the cups are not very clean), frangipani flowers adorning the staircase to your room and a smile every morning then book a stay at kunang kunang. When in Bali......... (oh and the food at Kafe just across the road is divine!)

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was my third visit to Kunang Kunang, twice as a solo traveller and once with my 80 year old mother who loved the atmosphere here. I would highly recommend this quiet traditional guesthouse overlooking rice paddy fields, off the street in a good central location in Hanoman Street. It is in walking distance to Yoga Barn, Monkey Forest, Palace, shops and many good restaurants. Staff are quiet, friendly and helpful. Very reasonable price for rooms, both standard and superior, are clean and comfortable. There is no safe but a locked drawer in each room. The pool is smallish but clean and refreshing after a day out. Breakfast is adequate - a set menu that changes daily. Tours can be booked through the reception. Checkin/checkout is quick & easy. Try it, you won't be sorry. Good value for money! I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a ground level room if you cannot walk up stairs. Standard - large comfortable room with a fan but no fridge - quiet ground, level 1 and level 2 rooms overlooking pool. Superior - large comfortable room with air-con & a fridge - front overlooking rice paddy fields.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed at kunang kunang with a group of friends early 2012. It was simple, clean and the staff were very friendly. I especially loved the structure, its not a big space, but i really enjoyed it and if ever I make it to Bali again, I will definitely stay there again.
They served us a traditional Indonesian breakfast which i was skeptical at first but it was absolutely delicious.

All in all, if you are looking for EXTREME luxury, you may be disappointed but I was very very happy with it.

Room Tip: It is very warm and humid so if you don't enjoy those conditions, insist on a room with air conditioning, some only have fans.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends