“Loved it”

Kunang-Kunang Guesthouse
Ranked #168 of 629 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay. I had room #1 on the 3rd (top) floor which had a lovely private balcony and views over the rice field. My bed was comfy and the room a good size. The quaintness of the hotel was exactly what I was looking for as I just wanted to relax and soak up the Ubud atmosphere. Being down an alleyway meant it was quiet and away from the hussle and bussle. The breakfast was perfect for me and included a large plate of fruit, coffee and on one day a toasted banana and honey sandwich and the other day an omelet. All delicious. The pool area was lovely. The staff were friendly. It is located in an alley almost opposite Kafe restaurant. I had no hot water during my stay and I assumed it wasn't included - however when I looked at the hotel website when I got home it says it is included so my fault for not following up while there. I was on my own and felt very safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed with friends and was very pleased with the accommodations. The staff is friendly, the breakfast was great, and the view from the third floor balcony over looked rice fields. The room was basic but clean. The only down side was no air con but the temperature was very mild just a bit humid. Overall I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We visited Ubud a few times. And always ended up at Kunang Kunang. Its perfect location, value for money, freshly cooked breakfast, free tee all day long and rice field views (from the front rooms) are just unequalled.
This guesthouse is located in the middle of Hanoman Street but nearby a small rice field. There are some very good dining places just near the guesthouse.
Rooms are spacious, nicely decorated, with comfortable beds.
Try as you'd might, there's no better place in Ubud for the money.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed this year at the KK second time after being there last year too...the location is great, but the staff seem they don't really give a damn about their customers. I didn't have a booking online but when I showed up they told me a price, which was ok, but when i told them there will be my gf coming to stat w me next day, they said its a different price. I told then that anywhere in the world including their villa, on internet, there is no difference between 1 or 2 persons as long as the bed is big enough. They seemed they didn't give a s*#t about it so they charged me another 4$...it's not the money but I think they just lost 2 good potential customers...on top of that the b'fast, i had a very funny experience, when i told the lady i want omelette, she just left and came back w an omelette that i never wanted, she didn't ask what kind of omelette i want...she add whatever she wanted it...I didn't eat it as it had things that I didn't like. By the way the villa was empty while across the street where i moved being upset w these guys, it was full but very pleasant...its a pity as the location is pretty nice thou, but i will never stay or even consider staying there...

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Lovely peaceful place, tucked away of a very busy street. With a small but great pool, with a shallower pool for children or dipping your feet. Great views out towards a rice field (front facing or high floors only).
Clean rooms.
Great staff, very friendly and helpful.
As a solo traveler I felt very safe & welcome here.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo