“Disappointing for the price paid”
Review of Y Resort Ubud

Y Resort Ubud
Ranked #144 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Initially we were quoted $100 per night with a free night if booked for 7 with one free meal. We received neither of these. Staff inexperienced and communication was poor. We arrived late and were directed to room 101 my daughter was dubious as had read previous reviews on this room . It lived up to its expectations. The room was tired and mouldy. I felt like I was inhaling mould spores. The wallpaper was mouldy and peeling the safe was not attached to anything and could have been picked up and taken with you the air con was very noisy and the bathroom stank thankfully we were changed to a better room at request. This room was much better and we were happier though it did still have a damp smell but an improvement than what we had before. Breakfast was average, always cold and the same every day, not bad for the first morning but I wouldn't bother to keep going back. The staff were fairly sweet and nice but they still lack the training required to make this hotel run smoothly. On our final day at the y resort we had booked a late check out, we were informed by staff at around midday that we would have to move out of our room and leave our stuff in a different room. Luckily we had just finished packing, and we accepted this since we had moved rooms previously. However once we returned to the resort after about three hours in Ubud centre, during which we discovered that our flight home had been cancelled and we were all a little stressed trying to find somewhere to stay. We decided to regroup back at the resort with our friends, we returned to the room we had left our bags in (which we had a key for) and opened the door to find a couple lying sprawled across the bed, watching TV (thank god ) with our bags no where in sight. We were confused and a little upset. We told the receptionist only for him to laugh at us and say sorry I forgot, so we were given ANOTHER room where we found our bags and thankfully all of our passports that were in the safe. After this experience we were keen to leave. So for the remaining three days we stayed at another hotel nearby in Ubud. Although the location was great (close to Ubud but not in the centre) there are better places to stay nearby. Sadly this was our experience of the y resort and the rooms were the main disappointment of this place.

Room Tip: plenty more options elsewhere (if you do chose to go here, beware of room 101)
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 July 2015

I had been staying at a bed and breakfast prior to this but I wanted something a little nicer with a big bed, AC, and a regular shower. The rooms here are pretty nice by Bali standards, it is by far the nicest place I stayed while in Bali. The pool is great and they have gazebos throughout the property that you can relax on day or night. Staff is very friendly.

The food really sucks though, I ordered some spaghetti one night and a salad as well and it was terrible. However, the breakfast is awesome and free.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Bronsonbetraveling
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The location is not the greatest. If you had to walk to town, the steep, narrow road does not have any sidewalk or shoulder and crazy motorcyclists go around those bends like the Isle of Man TT.

The hotel has a nice pool and the breakfast is good. Rooms are a little small but the bathrooms are well-built.

The staff are all very young and friendly. Smiles and a genuine sincerity more than make up for their lack of experience. We stayed 2 nights and rented a motorcycle from the hotel. Very pleased overall with the place. The hotel was less than half full and we virtually had the place to ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Not a fantastic experience for me and my friends. We didnt stay at the resort, but we tried the restaurant for lunch. There were 6 of us, but we were the only group at the restaurant, we should have known why. We waited for an hour for the food. And the service staff didnt even tell us how long do we need to wait. When we approached them and ask about the food they were completely lost and unable to tell us when can we get our food. In the end the manager told us that they have some issues at the kitchen. But the thing is, they should have told us earlier about it. You dont simply make your customer wait for an hour and tell them that there is a problem and you cant make the food...

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank adrianwn
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I've never written hotel reviews but this hotel is exceptionally deserving of a great compliment for their service and space.

Service staffs go the extra mile to make guests feel extremely comfortable. They made me feel like a baby that's well taken care off! I slept in on one of the days and forewent breakfast, to my greatest pleasure and surprise, they called me at 12pm, asking if they can fix me up something. Amazing, aint it? :) Adding on, the pool and huts around the area are so well-maintained, it's basically heaven on earth.

Thank you, Y ubud!

-Felicia

Room Tip: Staffs are extremely willing to help, let them know what you need!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo