1,523 results
All reviews afternoon tea monkey forest rooftop villa apple tv welcome home cookie jar separate toilet turn down service infinity pool i highly recommend this hotel beautiful hotel rooms are spacious central location location is excellent restaurants and shops rose petals restaurant staff
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have stayed a few times in Bali when I have travelled by myself or with a friend to do yoga/spa retreats. This time however I brought my 3 teenage children so decided to stay somewhere different. The Komaneka Monkey Forest resort was recommended to me by a friend. On arrival at Monkey Forest, we were offered the opportunity to upgrade to the newer resort, the Komaneka Rasa Sayang. I preferred the Monkey Forest architecture and the view from the room on to the rice paddies, but as I was travelling with my teenage children the the larger rooms at the Rasa Sayang suited us better. So we happily moved.

The reception we received at the Rasa Sayang was fantastic, and we were made to feel very welcome.

Rooms - We were able to choose our rooms on either the first or second floor. We chose the lower floor. The rooms were just beautiful especially the big bathrooms. I loved everything about it - large bath, large shower, separate toilet, double basin and dressing area. The room also was lovely with modern decor including a gorgeous decorative bevelled mirror. The pool area was totally AMAZING. We went to the pool in the late afternoon after everyone had gone but the staff were very quick to prepare lounges and towels for us. Our rooms were adjoining and were connected by a door between our outdoor gardens.

Food - Breakfast was fantastic and we enjoyed the freshness of breakfast and the fact that we did not have to serve ourselves food that may have been prepared hours earlier and had been sitting in the warmer. Our food was hot, fresh and very very tasty. The children really enjoyed all of the breakfast items. The staff who served us were lovely, especially Pradnyana who read our order back to us each time to make sure it was correct and he always served us with a smile. We didn't eat lunch or dinner at the resort.

Spa - We were given a free Balinese massage as part of our package. It was lovely, the massage was very well done, my therapist was very good and asked if the pressure was good.

Staff - all the staff from the maintenance workers and guy polishing the floor in the breakfast area to the drivers and front desk staff, ALWAYS stopped what they were doing and said hello when we walked past. Every time we returned to the resort the front desk staff always said 'welcome home' which was just such a lovely way to be greeted. It did feel like home. The staff learned our names, always asked where we had been and did we enjoy it ? They appeared to be genuinely interested in what we had done. All the staff were lovely but 3 in particular had that little bit of extra personality which allowed us to immediately feel that they were our friends. These were Nity, Kadek and Beni. Just 10/10 ! Please tell them how special their kind service and friendliness meant to us.

Drivers - the drivers were always on time, cars were clean and smelled nice. They were great.

This Resort is not really suitable for small children and as such we loved being away from noisy young children. It's quiet, personal and classy. Next year I will come agin to Ubud (without my children) and might stay at the Bisma next time to do some yoga. In any event, I will only ever stay now at a Komaneka Resort.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank amanda44499
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Although booked into 'Monkey Forest' we accidentally drove straight into their new resort 'Rasa Sayang' just a hop, skip and jump away. Once shown a room there was no turning back for 'hubby'. The pristine accommodation won me. Yes, 'Monkey Forest' may have been more 'Bali' but comfort ruled the week.
Strength of this hotel is also its location. Restaurants, shops all just down the drive but once you're bored with that, return to sanctuary (no noise, and yes, you could be anywhere, even back in your home country). Our habit was to go straight to the pool to wash off 'the street'.
We ventured out much of the day and eve and just returned to relax. Food in the hotel is high standard but with all to offer in Ubud you gotta get out and about.
Grande Finale - the staff. Started to feel like family after a week. Will be a sad farewell tomorrow :(. Minta Dori from "Mr Nigel"

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Location is amazing and the staff can't do enough for you. A friend and I stayed for two nights and I cannot say enough good things about it! The complimentary yoga class was awesome and the massage at the spa was blissful.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

lovely hotel right in the heart of ubud - walking distance to markets and rests.
the staff at this hotel and all the komaneka hotels are very special balinese people, nothing is too much trouble and the attention to detail is superb. They seem to be very happy to belong to the komaneka team, and have wonderful energy. We spent a few days here and cant wait to return, the pool area is beautiful.

Room tip: all rooms are delightful
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 8 nights in mid November. This hotel ticks all the boxes. The location is excellent- close to the main street but far enough away to escape the traffic and noise. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean. The food was excellent with plenty of breakfast choices .We also ate several lunches by the pool and again the food was tasty, well presented and reasonably priced.Whilst there we visited all the Komaneka hotels in order to plan our next stay.All are unique and beautiful and the standards across the group appear to be consistent.Perhaps the greatest assets of all the Komaneka resorts are the staff and the attention to detail. All staff were friendly and helpful, but never intrusive. The effort that is made to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible is exemplary.We also had the pleasure of using the spa facilities. The price was reasonable compared to prices in Australia.The difference is that a massage outside of the hotel is just a massage. The Komaneka provided an experience. It was worth every extra cent.Kudos to the management and staff for providing the perfect getaway experience for us.

Date of stay: November 2011