1,207 results
All reviews pool villa outdoor shower swim up bar day bed morning yoga our honeymoon main pool rice paddies butler service beautiful resort romantic dinner other resorts yoga studio relaxing stay shuttle bus main restaurant the hotel offers
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I had a delightful experience at Kamandalu just over a week ago with my boyfriend. We had a pool villa which was beautiful. The view of the sunrise from our private cabana truly took my breath away and the staff were lovely. The room decor is slightly dated but still very nice.
We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet, there was a lot to choose from, it changed a bit every day and everything was pretty tasty.... but for some reason, whenever we ate anything else at the hotel that was not from the breakfast buffet, it was absolutely disgusting.
We did the picnic lunch on the little row boat, which was a great experience because we got to feed the fish and the staff member that joined us was so nice and interesting to talk to, however the food was inedible.
Another time we thought it would be nice to order room service because it was raining and miserable outside. We already knew that it probably wasn't going to be fantastic but we thought that maybe if we ordered Indonesian dishes, we'd probably have a higher chance of it being good. However, we were extremely disappointed. The noodles were a foul tasting gluggy slop and the duck was all dried up and shrivelled, I literally hurt my tooth trying to bite it.
Apart from that I really do recommend this hotel, there are so many fantastic restaurants and things to do in Ubud you shouldn't waste all your time sitting at the hotel anyway!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy G
Kamandalu, General Manager at Kamandalu Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Lucy G,

We appreciate your detail review on your experience an inconvenience with the food during you stay at Kamandalu. Indeed it was not Kamandalu standard to serve the food not in a high quality matter. We have take this very seriously and we have taken necessary action to rectify.

Kamandalu is surrounded by the beauty of nature of Ubud, we are happy that you have enjoyed the view, the staff and the surrounding environment..

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We stayed in the Ubud Chalet which is a luxurious villa with the most amazing bed I have ever slept in. I felt like a real princess. :-) Kamandulu is a breathtaking spacious hotel situated in the beautiful hills of Ubud and surrounded by rice fields. Everything here is absolutely fantastic - the staff, the food, and of course the infinity pool. Truly luxurious retreat far away for the noisy parts of Bali.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Monica P,

We are glad to learn that you have a memorable stay at Kamandalu Ubud. Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I just had my dinner in Aira Cafe in Kamandalu Ubud Resort. And I got a really disappointing experience.

I came here for a birthday holiday arranged by my daughter, we are so excited to spend this holiday with quite rest.

I ordered australian tenderloin steak in medium for dinner. The waitress asked the side dish I prefer, so I chose spinach and French fries.

It took so long for us to have our order served. Then I asked for bread that usually serves as complimentary while waiting for our food, she said she will bring some for us which she never came back.

At last my steak came with no fries, then she said he will pick up soon, soon was about 45 minutes, I have finished my rough steak already.

It was not a star hotel service at all. If they can not fulfill the order then they should not take the order or inform what would happen.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Kamandalu, General Manager at Kamandalu Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Ibu Melly S,

I really regret to learn that you have inconvenience experience during your dinner at Aira Cafe. It was not Kamandalu Ubud standard of service and quality in which delivered that night. We have noted all of your valuable inputs and we have take serious actions for the improvement to be better.

Thank you for your detail review.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We stayed at the Garden Villa and the whole space was organized quite weird. It's a villa but the outdoor space within your room isn't really a space to relax. It's just having a fenced room with some greenery. You can notice that everything is a little old already and may need an upgrade soon. Service and Food was quite good!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank willchentm

Dear willchentm,

We are glad to learn that you have experienced our service and food at Kamandalu Ubud. We have noted your comments in regards to our Garden Villa and we have action accordingly to rectify the necessities.

We thank you you your valuable inputs.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stay there for 2 nights and the whole resort is like a Balinese village. Every villa have their own court yard and all the alley that connected every villa and facility was nicely design and it is very beautiful. You are literally surround by rice field, trees, jungle, and due to the higher price tag, you get less guest there = less crowded / privacy. Infinity pool at the far end was lovely, overlooking the jungle at the back of the resort and I highly recommend for the spa, either Chaya Spa or the forest spa, both are top notch!
The only let down part I would say is the food. We had dinner at the restaurant near the pool and I would expect the chef at this luxurious establishment would have done better. Breakfast was ok but your cappuccino or flat white is from the machine instead of barista, coffee in the room is let down as well, I would prefer a nice pot of French press instead of capsules coffee.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Lenny N,

It is the concept of Kamandalu Ubud, being nature and make our guest feel the Balinese village experience. We are glad to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and thank you for your comments to our service at Aira Poolside restaurant. Certainly we have noted all of the comments to be better in the future.