“Wapa is a wonderful place to call home in Bali”

Wapa di Ume Resort and Spa
Ranked #24 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are not enough words to express the gratitude I have for Wapa and their staff. Treat yourself and stay at this resort, it is incredible. From the lush grounds and all the amenities, you feel like you have been swept away. But the staff provides a sense of home and their goal is to make you feel cared for, which they excel at. Love love love this resort.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice This was my first trip travelling on my own and I loved reading about how helpful Kishore was with his guests. I booked at Mayas Beach  House after reading so many great reviews already on TripAdvisor. Even with high expectations, I was blown away. Arriving in the morning after Kishore kindly arranged a car to come pick me up at the airport and offered to pay for it until I got my cash on hand. Afterwards, he asked me what I wanted to get out of my time in Marari. It is that question alone that sums up Kishore's approach to his guests.

Kishore is an incredibly caring and knowledgeable man. He has got connections that tip him off to all the amazing festivals that take place in the area and he will have plenty of ideas for you if you don't know how to fill up your days. He arranged for me to join and enjoy some amazing Kerala home cooking classes by the Chef that stands out as one of the best meals of my trip. He also arranged several smaller day trips (including taking me on a beautiful morning walk along the coast to spot mongoose and see fishing boats come in).

The home itself is very comfortable with beautifully themed rooms. The staff are warm and welcoming and more than happy to do whatever they can to help make your stay more enjoyable. The breakfasts and Dinner that are cooked up by Maya are amazing! Each day there are Kerala and Western breakfast options. I would strongly recommend taking on the Kerala option and experiencing all the amazing food there is on offer. The location isn't directly on the beach that overlooks the beach and this may make you frown at first, but once you get to know the place, you quickly come to appreciate the distance from the commercialism and over-pricing of the beach front. Mayas Beach House is well situated for truly experiencing Marari and the surrounding area.

Overall, Mayas Beach  House puts the focus on where it should be, the guests, and really helps you get what you need out of your trip. I can't wait to share this place with friends and colleagues who are headed to the area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on our honeymoon, which was a double honeymoon with our two best friends who also just got married. This was my second time to Bali, but I had never stayed in Ubud before. I thought our room was amazing! We had a 1 bedroom pool villa, which was quite a walk from the check-in/ breakfast area, but was amazing! Made you never want to leave the hotel. We did not have any problems with mosquitos in our room either, which I was actually shocked about. LOVED the deep tub in the bathroom, which the staff filled with plumerias one day. I liked that the staff learns your name quickly, and greets you by it. Service was a little slow, but the staff was really nice. Breakfast was a little underwhelming compared to the big brunch buffets at the other resorts we've stayed at, but it still tasted good. I did have a private birthday dinner in the romantic setting overlooking the rice paddies where they put flowers on the floor in the shape of a heart. That dinner was a 3 course meal and it included a bottle of wine, and it was amazing! The service for that was much different since you have your own private server. Highly recommend. Well worth it. Drinks were good. I wanted to try their spa, but I found it to be more expensive than I thought it would be. I guess I was just used to Legian/ Seminyak prices where it's about $15 USD for a 60 minute massage (and that's at the resorts!). These were around $100 USD, which is still a good deal compared to U.S. prices, but I just wasn't expecting that so I waited until we were back at Legian to get a massage. If I were to stay here again, I would try the spa just for the experience. I liked that they provide a shuttle to get to and from town. If you're going to use a taxi to get to other places on the island though, definitely ride the shuttle into town and then get a taxi in central ubud. MUCH cheaper. I also felt like the guy at the front desk was always trying to sell us on tourist attractions. Maybe they get a kick back? We weren't interested in any of the crowded attractions. Also, one of the nights, they bug sprayed the property at like 5pm while we were all swimming. It was a THICK fog of bug spray too, you definitely had to get indoors for it. Anyway, despite the few flaws, overall it was a great stay, and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get the one bedroom pool villa, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 3 nights for our anniversary and wapa Di ume took the extra care of us adding little details to the room like flowers to make it a special stay. They even gave us a cake and a card signed by the staff for our anniversary

Room Tip: Breakfast can be delivered to your room to enjoy privately
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This resort is incredible. One of the loveliest yet most low-key places in which I’ve had the pleasure of staying. Great rooms, terrific restaurant, beautiful grounds and stellar massages.

Extraordinary!