All reviews the river monkey forest superior room rice fields hot water tea coffee stayed here for nights the main street quiet place central ubud nicks bali flask paddy agus ricefields peace
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Nicks pension is exactly what it says on the tin. A nice moderately priced hotel! The staff were very nice and always happy to help arrange tours etc..

The rooms were nice and clean only down side was our bathroom had a constant bad smell. However not enough to bother us that much.

Location is a big plus point for us. It is nestled in a rice field just off ubud centre. Close enough to walk to everywhere in the centre but on a quiet street so not to noisy at night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The stay at Nick's Pension from
1 till 4 November 2017 was very pleasant and nice. The room was clean and nice. The breakfast was okay and the service friendly. It is a very nice accommodation. Sureley a place I would recommendate for stay when you are in the neighbourhood of Ubud.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Quick summary: all you can see on below picture, for less than 13€.
Great, isn't it? 101% recommendable. A bit apart from Ubud's centre, but it's worth to try it. We were hosted at Pertiwi Bisma 2, and it's 2 minutes walking from there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Javi R
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Firstly I would like to point out I booked this hotel through booking.com who had it listed as a 4* Hotel when in fact if you google the hotel 2*. That being said this is the best 2* Hotel I have ever stayed in.

Pros;
Location - within walking distance of central Ubud; with its vibrant markets and quirky bars. 15 minute walk to the infamous Monkey Forest.

Staff - Amazing service I did make one complaint (see cons) and they couldn’t do enough to fix this for us. I was very thankful in the end.

Value for money - bang for your buck!!!!
Oh and the grounds of the hotel are beautiful!

Cons;
Breakfast - if cold potatoes / meat is to your taste then you’ll love it. There are some great alternatives a short walk away. Head to Anomali for a great cup of coffee.

Standard Room - as I stepped in through the padlocked front door I did think ... hmm this is rather small then I went to check out the bathroom ... I mean ... i have never been to prison but this is what I would expect the showers to look like?? (I have added some photos) it just looked terrible and it probably was clean but not for a 4* Hotel as I thought it was... I spoke to the staff who helped me by taking me round the rooms and finally I agreed to the superior room where the bathroom to a better standard.

Overall ... I probably... personally would not stay here again ...
if you are after value for money and not looking for that luxury stay (like I was) then I think this would be the perfect hotel for you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I booked Nick's looking for a nice place owned by locals to stay, as the website and Tripadvisor reviews looked good. The rooms are a good size, with a large bed, desk table, two sitting chairs and a wardrobe. But, the pension is actually quite large with a number of rooms. Also, Nick owns a number of other businesses in Ubud, including a few other accommodations, tour arrangers and a spa - so not exactly a small business.

My initial impression of room was that it wasn't quite as nice as the photos, looking a bit dated. Also, the 'rice field' views are actually of a 'rice field' planted in the middle of the pension so entirely for aesthetics, not real or functional at all. The restaurant food was also just average. I should have left then!

I stayed at Nick's for three nights, and unfortunately after the third night I woke up with a very itchy foot and a bedbug sharing the bed with me. I immediately took photos and alerted the hotel staff, who went to check the bed. The hotel staff were kind enough to refund the rest of my stay, and wash all of my clothes to minimise transfer risk of my taking the bedbugs home with me. They also offered to change and upgrade my room, but I wasn't going to take the risk and changed accommodation entirely.

Having come home, I'm still quarantining my luggage after spraying with permethrin to avoid infesting my house with bedbugs if I have unwittingly carried one home with me. Over the last 10 years I have travelled widely throughout almost all of south-east Asia and this is the first time that I have run into bedbugs as I always carefully check where I book and when I arrive at the accommodation. I've stayed in remote community homestays to hostels and five-star hotels so my visit to Nick's was really quite disappointing as it wasn't that cheap. The reason that I am giving Nick's two stars and not just one is that the staff are friendly and did try to help - but sadly, this is the lowest score that I have ever rated anything on Tripadvisor.

I'd strongly recommend staying elsewhere - I ended up staying nearby for just a little more and it was an amazing last day in Ubud!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo