All reviewsthe rivermonkey forestsuperior roomrice fieldshot watertea coffeestayed here for nightsthe main streetquiet placecentral ubudnicksbaliflaskpaddyagusricefieldspeace
Reviewed 25 January 2018

This place is one of the best places in Ubud, close to the famous soccer field. I have been here many times. The service is extraordinary and the prices are ok. The breakfast is not the best in town but the rooms/bungalow OK. Especially the ones with the view on the river.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Nicks pension is exactly what it says on the tin. A nice moderately priced hotel! The staff were very nice and always happy to help arrange tours etc..

The rooms were nice and clean only down side was our bathroom had a constant bad smell. However not enough to bother us that much.

Location is a big plus point for us. It is nestled in a rice field just off ubud centre. Close enough to walk to everywhere in the centre but on a quiet street so not to noisy at night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The stay at Nick's Pension from
1 till 4 November 2017 was very pleasant and nice. The room was clean and nice. The breakfast was okay and the service friendly. It is a very nice accommodation. Sureley a place I would recommendate for stay when you are in the neighbourhood of Ubud.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Quick summary: all you can see on below picture, for less than 13€.
Great, isn't it? 101% recommendable. A bit apart from Ubud's centre, but it's worth to try it. We were hosted at Pertiwi Bisma 2, and it's 2 minutes walking from there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Javi R
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Firstly I would like to point out I booked this hotel through booking.com who had it listed as a 4* Hotel when in fact if you google the hotel 2*. That being said this is the best 2* Hotel I have ever stayed in.

Pros;
Location - within walking distance of central Ubud; with its vibrant markets and quirky bars. 15 minute walk to the infamous Monkey Forest.

Staff - Amazing service I did make one complaint (see cons) and they couldn’t do enough to fix this for us. I was very thankful in the end.

Value for money - bang for your buck!!!!
Oh and the grounds of the hotel are beautiful!

Cons;
Breakfast - if cold potatoes / meat is to your taste then you’ll love it. There are some great alternatives a short walk away. Head to Anomali for a great cup of coffee.

Standard Room - as I stepped in through the padlocked front door I did think ... hmm this is rather small then I went to check out the bathroom ... I mean ... i have never been to prison but this is what I would expect the showers to look like?? (I have added some photos) it just looked terrible and it probably was clean but not for a 4* Hotel as I thought it was... I spoke to the staff who helped me by taking me round the rooms and finally I agreed to the superior room where the bathroom to a better standard.

Overall ... I probably... personally would not stay here again ...
if you are after value for money and not looking for that luxury stay (like I was) then I think this would be the perfect hotel for you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple