“Cozy Place with mesmerizing view, however need mainetenance”
Review of Cafe Pomegranate

Cafe Pomegranate
Ranked #163 of 828 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are under renovation project until the end of March 2017. We are sorry but due to the huge damage caused by a severe storm occurred in December 2016. Sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate for the customers and friend who has supported us through the past 5 years. We will come back with better condition to be ready to provide better environment for the rice field experience in Ubud. I hope to see you soon in Spring 2017. terimakashi,thank you and enjoy your stay in Bali! Kentaro,Takujiro + staff cafe pomegranate
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I went there during my weekend holiday. First impression, the restaurant getting rundown. The roof tent was torn anywhere! I couldn't imagine if rainy incidently come while we enjoy the meals.

The venue were excellent with the rice paddies view surrounds. The sunset were fabolous! We enjoyed the moment so much!

The food's prices are average. Still ok for such place in 'bit' remote. I ordered chicken breast salad & it was really good with the ginger & tomato dressing. I even had nothing left in my bowl :D

The beverages too limited for us especially the coffee. They only offer Balinese coffee, no capuccino no latte. Poor choice.

I will come back again to try the salad once the roof has been fixed ;)

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

U had to walk for about 15mins, if u're using a bike it'd be much convenient though a bit challenging as the path was crooked.
The tent wasn't anything like in the pics.. it was torn, aged, and very dirty. Let alone the bathroom, it looked disgusting even from the outside.
We ordered pizza and waited for more than 30mins. The pizza was overlycooked that we couldn't eat it! The waitress said it's gonna be closed for 3 months starting from January for renovation, which obviously should be done long before!
Not worth your time.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

We came here to watch the sunset and it was absolutely beautiful. The ride up from the main road was quiet and special, with a real romantic secret feel. The cafe itself is a large open tent (that in all honesty has seen better days but don't let this put you off) allowing the light and breeze to flow through. Great menu, we were sad they had run out of the sangria as it sounded amazing. Get there before sunset to get a good cushioned area near the edge.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Locared in the middle of Ubud's ricefields off the beaten tracks. You can only walk here or haphazardly by motorcycle.
Unusual tentlike set up you can either sit on the floor directly at the surrounding rice-fields or at a table in the center.
I had the guacamole dip followed by chicken pizza. My friend had the curry chicken noodle. All dishes were good.
Very peaceful location.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Situated up a walking track through the rice fields is this little, quant cafe. The food was good but the location was amazing. To find the path, I would recommend getting a taxi to direct you as there are little signs to the initial track. Once you are on the track it is very easy to find the cafe and a lovely walk through the rice fields passing other little cafes and accomodations. I would I highly recommend to everyone as a small exploration on your trip to Ubud.