Alam Shanti
Saren Indah Hotel(Ubud)
Alam Jiwa(Ubud)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsshindu roomdewi roomyamuna roommonkey forestcafe wayanlake lekeafternoon tearice fieldsupstairs and downstairslily pondsprivate pooleach morningfree shuttlehuge roomfish pondshuttle servicetraditional balinese style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed in the Saraswati room on this visit and the Laksmi room two years ago. We thought our last visit was good, but this time was even better. The Saraswati room is upstairs and has a nice private outdoor lounge area. The bedroom area is comfortable with a big bath, efficient AC and a lovely mosquito netted bed. Terrific, friendly service by the staff; yummy breakfast each day. The pool and spa are a great plus too. The free as needed shuttle service to and from town is a big plus. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The Saraswati room is good for a couple. Private and large.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank JaneAP
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were lucky enough to get 3 nights at the Lumbung House as I understand this hotel is very popular and deservedly so. The Lumbung is set a short walk away from the others, but there is a second house next door. Its 2 storeys, although the ground floor is probably a bit of wasted space really. Nice patio area to sit out ond look after very peaceful surrounds - although beware monkeys!One chased us into our room and tried to grab my husband's snack and it was quite intimidating, although the staff quickly scared it off. Pool is gorgeous, perfect temperature, and bacause its a small hotel, most of the time we had it to ourselves. Nice breakfast that was delivered hot every morning with the best mixed juice ever. We also went on a rice padi walk organised by the hotel which I definitely recommend as we learnt about traditional Balinese beliefs and how these are being challenged.Pricewise excellent value $US75 per night. Only cons for us was the shower could have been better, and the shortcut through the monkey forest was definitely not an experience we cared to repeat. But if you don't mind the monkeys then go for it! Free pickup and drop off anywhere in Ubud too at any time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jurluk
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This is my husband's favourite hotel in Bali. We booked last minute so the only room available was the Gangga room which is the top floor of the bungalow that has a private pool.
We paid A$200 per night with breakfast and afternoon tea
Pros
Very authentic Balinese room - huge.
Beautifully decorated, lovely furniture
Choice of open sided bathroom or outdoor bathroom - very decadent
The big verandah with fabulous, relaxing views over the trees - a heavenly place to have breakfast or an evening drink
The beautiful super clean "private pool"
The on call transport service
Position - we took the short cut through the monkey forest to restaurants and shops
Friendly staff
Pros
Price - we think this room is a bit overpriced compared to all the other places we stayed. $150 might be a fairer price
The bedding is getting really old and could be cleaner - time to replace it if you want to keep charging these prices
The so called "private pool". We may have just been unlucky but this pool is shared with the ground floor room and the occupants had friends dropping by who were also using the pool.
The main pool was also out of action for a day so that meant all the hotel guests had to use "our" pool. This included a really noisy, obnoxious kid and his loud , inconsiderate parents . I am not sure how the hotel can police who uses the pool .
I know this sounds selfish but one of the drawcards of staying here was to have the pool to ourselves and we paid a lot extra for a privelege we didn't get :(
The main pool - what a disappointment !! This was new since our last stay and it was really awful - not a nice setting - lacked any atmosphere and didn't look very inviting.
I know my husband will kick and scream ...but.....I think Alam Shanti has slipped a lot since our last stay and at it's current price level and with so much competition, I think we will be staying somewhere else on our next visit to Ubud

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MickiAustralia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Second time there, this time I got the room Gayatri, in front of the rice fields. Very good breakfast, nice pool and spa. Staff very efficient, free transportation for the restaurants in Ubud center, but very nice walk though Monkey Forest if you walk to the center. New very good restaurants in the surroundins. Always exellent!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank augmello
Reviewed 21 January 2012

All I can say is Alam Shanti is the best place I have stayed in in Ubud, I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a place to relax, enjoy the calm quiet nature of Bali and unwind. No TV, no DVD, no radio, total bliss !
Delicious food, beautiful staff and nothing too much trouble for them. Great pool too !
Just go !