“Beautiful, a little paradies”
Review of Alam Shanti

Alam Shanti
Ranked #71 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

It's a lovely hotel, beautiful buildings arranged in a nice garden or close to rice fields. Quiet, clean, just a little Paradies. Nice staff.

No TV, which was great. The place is just too beautiful to waste time with TV programs!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Back again for another visit to this paradise in Nyuh Kuning Village in Ubud! Have stayed here many times and it is now like returning to family! We always try to stay in Yamuna/Gangga rooms - nothing like having your own private pool, but all the rooms are lovely. However, it is the wonderful staff that make this place so special! They can't do enough to make your stay wonderful. We will be back, of course! Can't wait to see the new reception area when it's finished!! (Does that sound like an excuse to come back very soon!! )

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Alam Shanti in Yamuna room with husband and two boys. There is nothing I could fault about this place apart from the fact that we only had two nights. We had a pool to ourselves that is shared with the upstairs room but it was unoccupied while we were there. The staff were beautiful, location was very close to monkey forest and restaurants. Getting into the centre of Ubud was very easy going through the monkey forest but we did get a bit lost on the way back. They offer a free shuttle service into town and back though. The decor and architecture was very Balinese and so lovely. A very peaceful and beautiful place to stay. I would stay again in a heartbeat but next time for longer. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We have just had 5 nights at Alam Shanti - just on the south side of the monkey forest. I can't recommend it highly enough.

We stayed in the Gannga room/suite, with lovely marble bathroom, Balinese features, and deck over looking rice paddies and sports fields. Breakfast delivered to our room and enjoyed on the deck each morning was a highlight.

The Gannga room shares a generous sized pool and well kept pool facilities with one other suite downstairs. So not just yours, but plenty of space so you won't be tripping over each other.

Staff were impressive, friendly and also extremely attentive and discrete. They were also great with our 3 year old, including providing a staff member he was already friendly with to baby sit for a few hours.

The hotel is part of the Alam Indah chain, and I would expect similar high quality from all.

There is a spa on site - I had two massages in the pool side massage rooms. Absolutely delightful, highly professional, and well priced.

Being on the South side of the monkey forest it is a little cut off from the rest of Ubud. This is a good thing - Ubud was crazy with tourists! There are nice shops and restaurants in the village around the hotel and the hotel provides a free shuttle into Ubud. You can taxi back for about 50-70rp, depending on traffic, which can easily take 20 mins to go a very short distance.

Tip- avoid the traffic jams. walk 10 min along the shared use path (scooters and pedestrians) just outside the monkey forest to get to the south end of Ubud. Get a taxi from there or continue on foot. Take a torch for the return trip at night (supplied in your room).

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This place is just gorgeous. The grounds are so lovely and peaceful. It really feels like they thought of every detail to make this place as relaxing and authentic as possible.

My room (Shindu) was breathtaking. The terrace, the carvings, the bed...ahhh bliss. The cherry on the cake was my bathroom. It had a fish pond and a fountain in it. A fountain! A fish pond! In my bathroom! My favorite part of Ubud was sitting on my terrace (or even chilling in my private Garden of Eden bathroom) and listening to the frogs ribbit, the fishies splash, and gaze at the lotus floating in the ponds in the moonlight.

The staff are so sweet and accommodating. Nothing is too much trouble for them, and they are happy to help make arrangements for you for the shuttle, breakfast, tea, laundry, etc. When my friend left her passport behind, they found it within an hour of us leaving and even looked through the spa bookings to get her email and let her know asap. We really appreciated their diligence in tracking us down.

The location was great for us - a quick 10 min walk on the edge of the monkey forest. This was fine during the day, but at night we opted for the free shuttle or a cheap taxi ride from town to avoid any monkey/moped incidents in the dark.

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it to you to experience your own magic here. Matur suksma, Alam Shanti!

Room Tip: A member of staff took me on a room tour, and I can say that all rooms are special. There is no bad...